The online racing simulator
New patch coming soon?
(7 posts, started )
New patch coming soon?
Good morning,
I wonder if anyone would have any news to pass about a new patch, if yes, can be revealed something about the release of this new patch?

Thank you, see you on the slopes!
#2 - lucaf
Happy good morning!

This is almost dangerous thread opening since too many of us got bittered of current interval of updates. I am not, since the price I pay for enjoying thousands of hours of this game, is ridiculous low.

I could comment your question by quoting one month old post from Scawen:
Quote :...make sure you are signed up for LFS newsletters. We send one usually once or twice a year when we do an update

So if the last update was in January 2017...I am not surprised if we'll have next update in few months. Let's see!

Until that, lets enjoy the many possibilities of BL4X. I have done several layouts on that one, that I wish anyone freely uses and reuses for the good of the community (there is "download all link" on my page..).
#3 - Ped7g
What is "soon" for you? From the last Scawen comments about progress, if the patch would be near completion, the test-patch section of forum would be opened. It is not. And the tone of his comment made it very difficult to guess any time frame, but it certainly didn't sound like it will happen in weeks-near future, more like months of work to be done.

Also the current sore state of unofficial servers will probably force him to postpone the content patch further, and spend few weeks on refactoring network code for next patch (as he can't release content, and then only anti-piracy changes, that would make no sense), so if there's like months of work on content, add another 1-3 months on the network anti piracy code... and summer 2018 is sending its greets... maybe...

Anyway, I personally just hope the new tire physics will finally shape up well, without any major setback, and that it is getting closer to being finished. The time frame doesn't matter with this one any more, but as long as it is progressing, one day it will be done.

(I'm not insider, everything in this post is pure speculation).
The next patch is supposedly going to only contain some graphical updates along possibly with improved protection against cracked servers. I don't think any major updates will be soon
For the little time i have played liveforspeed(7 years) i have drove quite a lot of laps yet still have plenty of combo's to master so new releases of a track or car are not of major importance, i do look forward to the new physics when they are ready
It's ready when it's ready.
Until then use what you already have.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :Could be a LFS xmas present. would be perfect timing Smile perhaps maybe a older track update.would be cool too.

Maybe new track Thumbs up
Maybe I will kill someone LOL as I really thought an update had been released when I read the thread title.

New patch coming soon?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG