The online racing simulator
RWDs to go with UFR and XFR
(100 posts, started )

Poll : Should RWD cars be added to the UFR & XFR class

Yes
Don't care
No
I've had a fantasy quite a while now, something close to BMW 1-series, but race-tuned like XFR and balanced to compete with it.
Quote from Becky Rose :
I dont know allows me to see the results without extra clicks,.

There is a link "view poll results", it does not reguire extra clicks
So when I come back to this topic i'll try to view the current poll results by psychic access... .
Some of you might have mentioned why about how the FXO has anything to do with this thread? Well, TBH, EVERYTHING.

I'm simply citing an obvious and important historical fact that some seem to be completely oblivious of. It's a fact that LFS has a history of overcompensating for inherent FWD defeciencies to the point where the RWDs are rendered hopelessly slow (relatively speaking of course).

The reason I'm trying to raise this INVINCIBLE FXO issue is to stop history from repeating itself. The TBO class is currently owned by the FXO in all arenas except the rallycross (RB4). As some of you here mentioned, the overpowered FWD cars don't suffer from severe front tire wear problems anymore, so it only gets worst with the length of the race.

As some more of you have mentioned, why bother to make a supposedly fun RWD competitor for the non-downforce slick-tired class when it'll be the same FWD dominance phenomena repeating itself. First people would enjoy the new car, only to discover that it is 1 second SLOWER per minute on all circuits compared to its FWD rivals. Why bother? The developers would have been better off perfecting the aero models for the downforce cars. I currently don't drive the GTRs too much because of their srangely generic aero and complete lack of pitch sensitivity. Well, at least the BF1 has pretty good aero.

Again, I refuse to vote because my vote would be treated as irrelevant anyway. Even if our RWD wish does come true, it'll be the same pattern as the current TBO cars, so forget it.
Quote from Jamexing :Some of you might have mentioned why about how the FXO has anything to do with this thread? Well, TBH, EVERYTHING.

I'm simply citing an obvious and important historical fact that some seem to be completely oblivious of. It's a fact that LFS has a history of overcompensating for inherent FWD defeciencies to the point where the RWDs are rendered hopelessly slow (relatively speaking of course).

The reason I'm trying to raise this INVINCIBLE FXO issue is to stop history from repeating itself. The TBO class is currently owned by the FXO in all arenas except the rallycross (RB4). As some of you here mentioned, the overpowered FWD cars don't suffer from severe front tire wear problems anymore, so it only gets worst with the length of the race.

As some more of you have mentioned, why bother to make a supposedly fun RWD competitor for the non-downforce slick-tired class when it'll be the same FWD dominance phenomena repeating itself. First people would enjoy the new car, only to discover that it is 1 second SLOWER per minute on all circuits compared to its FWD rivals. Why bother? The developers would have been better off perfecting the aero models for the downforce cars. I currently don't drive the GTRs too much because of their srangely generic aero and complete lack of pitch sensitivity. Well, at least the BF1 has pretty good aero.

Again, I refuse to vote because my vote would be treated as irrelevant anyway. Even if our RWD wish does come true, it'll be the same pattern as the current TBO cars, so forget it.

this is completely false! fxo aside, every rwd in lfs is the fastest of its class...i.e.: fzr is always the faster car...anywhere! fxr has never a chance! xrg is always faster than xfg, thei're almost even only at blackwood; lrf don't even has an fwd!
there are only 3 fwd cars in lfs and 2 of them are the slowest of their class...so, i think you should review your opinion about that.
lfs promote rwd over fwd and awd without any doubt!
Quote from Tweaker :Personally I think we do need a GT2 type class to run with those cars. Even through those two are FWD cars, they still are our "GT2" class if you wanted to run the faster GTR cars along with them. But yeah, there really should be one or two other cars that are RWD that can match up with the FWD ones. Would be great for mixed class racing.

RA GTR, and heck maybe even a LX GTR car that is superlight and has the same powerrange could easily match up with the bunch. I am itching to have one of those cars at least

But if you think about all of this, the big GTR cars aren't even all that powerful compared to true GT1 class I think. Maybe a bit less powerful. And you really don't see FWD cars racing them in any sub classes. The FWD class is kind of all on their own. IF we were to have some RWD cars with similar power range, I don't think they would be well balanced, they would be in a GT2 class like I speak of.

I just can't help quoting you but I think that the current big GTRs are the GT2 class. If you look at the Fia GTR cars they are 600hp average with more hitech in them. But a GT3 class with 350-400 hp rwd cars is nother dream of mine, but my biggest wish is prototypes

But I really see no reason why there couldn't be an rwd among the "fwd" class. Irl, there are similar classes with honda civics and bmw 3-serieses running in same classes
Quote from Gabkicks :sure i'd like a rwd car of around the same performance as the ufr/xfr...

+1
Quote from Hyperactive :
But I really see no reason why there couldn't be an rwd among the "fwd" class. Irl, there are similar classes with honda civics and bmw 3-serieses running in same classes

Called Group N
You think UFR and XFR would be group N cars?
Quote from sinbad :You think UFR and XFR would be group N cars?

The XFR could be (less body kit, 'box + diff), the UFR wouldn't stand a chance as IRL it obviously isn't possible to get 180 bhp out of a near production spec A series. The point is not that the FWD cars could be Group N more that Group N versions of the TBO cars could be competitive with the FWD cars.
#36 - MR_B
Quote from ajp71 :The XFR could be (less body kit, 'box + diff), the UFR wouldn't stand a chance as IRL it obviously isn't possible to get 180 bhp out of a near production spec A series. The point is not that the FWD cars could be Group N more that Group N versions of the TBO cars could be competitive with the FWD cars.

anyone know the exact regulations of super taikyu cars? i always thought of them as being close to that but... most of the group n cars i've seen have around 320hp. nvm i think i remember a few super light fwd cars with under 180hp lol.
Quote from Gabkicks :anyone know the exact regulations of super taikyu cars? i always thought of them as being close to that but... most of the group n cars i've seen have around 320hp. nvm i think i remember a few super light fwd cars with under 180hp lol.

Here''s a basic overview of what Group N is, it very much depends on t he starting car as to what sort of spec car you get as a result.

http://www.brcweb.co.uk/2006/GpNRegs.pdf

Also it should be pointed out that a lot of production classes that seem similar to Group N are in fact anything but.
Quote from Hankstar :I still wonder why the FXO is a FWD anyway. I can't think of its real-life equivalent...the other road cars seem based on RL machines but the FXO sort of sticks out a bit.

I've always wondered why the FXO is FWD but the FXR is AWD. I don't know why they didn't make a GTR version of the RB4 if they were going to make an AWD GTR car.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I've always wondered why the FXO is FWD but the FXR is AWD. I don't know why they didn't make a GTR version of the RB4 if they were going to make an AWD GTR car.

Would be nice to see an RB4 GTR and replace the FXR with a RWD FXO DTM style car.
Another front engined RWD GTR would be redundant.
why if it competes with ufr and xfr?
#43 - Woz
Quote from Breizh :Another front engined RWD GTR would be redundant.

Why. You do realise we do not have a single RWD car that has slicks but no downforce. Also the two UFR and XFR are in class of own without a RWD car.
I'm all for a slick-shod rwd racing car with no downforce and less power than the GTRs, but I'd rather they just concentrated on making it fun, or found a real equivalent and copied that as closely as possible, rather than compromising it just so it can race the XFR and UFR (not that the class would be fair, matching the XFR and UFR has obviously proved difficult enough, and don't mention the TBO class).
I personally would like a RWD car in the UFR/XFR class, those cars are fun, but the sterile nature of FWD gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Yes, we have RWD GTR's, but as has been said previously, ones with downforce, there is certainly room for a single no-downforce GTR to compete with the UFR/XFR, something like a tuned AE86 would be very nice.

Dan,
Quote from Honey :this is completely false! fxo aside, every rwd in lfs is the fastest of its class...i.e.: fzr is always the faster car...anywhere! fxr has never a chance! xrg is always faster than xfg, thei're almost even only at blackwood; lrf don't even has an fwd!
there are only 3 fwd cars in lfs and 2 of them are the slowest of their class...so, i think you should review your opinion about that.
lfs promote rwd over fwd and awd without any doubt!

Simple, beacuse at 300+bhp FWD is utterly junk. Oh, FXR is NOT FWD. It's AWD.

However, at anything under 260hp, FWDs dominate undoubtly. XF GTi vs XR? XF owns. RB4 vs XR GTT vs FXO? FXO owns, agains.

Since LFS is a sim, it can't simply disregard Newtonian mechanics like NFS:U. No, there's no way to make a 400hp Honda Civic work in LFS. There were rumours about attempts at making a FWD FXR instead of the current (correctly ) AWD version. They dropped it cause it simply wouldn't work.

Anyway, rumours aren't the point. The point is at anything that weighs close to road cars and has under 260hp, FWD dominates in LFS.
What do you think if we could use slicks with the LX4 and LX6?
if i remember correctly.. the lx6 with slicks is faster than the xfr.
Pure genius! I wish I thought of that.

Honestly, I love your suggestion. Always wondered how good the LX-6 could be if given some appropriately sticky tires to show the full potential of its chasis.

How about LX-4 with slicks if the LX-6 proves to fast? Could be what we need.

Just add roll cages and other standard racing equipment and wallop, EXTREMLY fun non-downforce RWD cars!
its been thought of long before...

RWDs to go with UFR and XFR
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG