The online racing simulator
[Resolved: No] Am I a cheater?
(55 posts, started )
Just post a picture of a mountain bike should be a quick response sorry I accept the ban.
Oh... My bad. This is about the video game.... Thought it was something interesting like adultery or something.
Anybody who thinks he cheated ive seen this myself. It can happen to some folks who have crazy connections but that doesnt need to be HIGH PING!
Anyways I dont think he would gone all this trouble to making a video or posting on forum if he was cheating.
I made a comparison video between my "Normal race" and MPR taken from server, with Cheat Engine to track fuel usage
Quote from simon1234 :Just post a picture of a mountain bike should be a quick response sorry I accept the ban.

Hahaha, I like this kind of 'joking' .. Ban me too Wink
Quote from cargame.nl :So he is in a drift while simon1234 has a smooth corner... Why can't simon1234 catch up?

Does the devs know about this fuel bug? Why is there no acknowledgement? Has it got to do with 'time'?

Simon corner wasnt so smooth. He had good speed in the apex, but on the exit he did slide and lost momentum. Just look at his speedo-meter. Thats why it seem like the other guy gain some advantage while "jumping", but he lost on apex, and simon was closing to him pretty fast, but then simon lost his speed on exit, that's why he wasn't able to overtake. Just look at both of them, its so obvious its fuel lag, but you people like to judge others so much. It really looks like a modern witch hunt, just like eclipsed said.
Quote from Razor1373 :Simon corner wasnt so smooth. He had good speed in the apex, but on the exit he did slide and lost momentum. Just look at his speedo-meter. Thats why it seem like the other guy gain some advantage while "jumping", but he lost on apex, and simon was closing to him pretty fast, but then simon lost his speed on exit, that's why he wasn't able to overtake. Just look at both of them, its so obvious its fuel lag, but you people like to judge others so much. It really looks like a modern witch hunt, just like eclipsed said.

but still no where near as clean as simons driving had been. The witchhunt claim is stupid as we are looking at all available information to see if he is or is not using any cheats.
If it was down to lag and fuel running out then it should be easy enough to replicate it ourselves as the effect seen was not clearly a one off( if anyone checked the replay i posted)
Quote from Razor1373 :but you people like to judge others so much. It really looks like a modern witch hunt, just like eclipsed said.

run a popular public server environment for a few years and then after that, we talk. To bring you up to speed; this bullshit was/is happening every week and people just lying in front of your face, you get sick and tired of it. Believe me. And if you do not, then not. It's your opinion, I have mine. And that's it.

I know exactly what simon1234 is experiencing.. Simply a "oh heerreee we goooo again" feeling. And if there really is a bug, it needs to be addressed.

...When, of course, there is time.. (sigh).
Quote from bishtop :but still no where near as clean as simons driving had been. The witchhunt claim is stupid as we are looking at all available information to see if he is or is not using any cheats.
If it was down to lag and fuel running out then it should be easy enough to replicate it ourselves as the effect seen was not clearly a one off( if anyone checked the replay i posted)

x%=(Fuel*100)/65

"end of fuel"

Even if he still had normal amount fuel, Simon did not have a chance to catch him.
Attached images
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png
This just confuses me more as it proves I had about 8 mph overspeed with a better corner exit and he is further up the road so by the time I get to the same point my speed would be quicker.
This to me was never about winning as I had no chance I just cant see how I should be the same distance away.
But at that point his car was lighter than yours
Quote from cargame.nl :run a popular public server environment for a few years and then after that, we talk. To bring you up to speed; this bullshit was/is happening every week and people just lying in front of your face, you get sick and tired of it. Believe me. And if you do not, then not. It's your opinion, I have mine. And that's it.

I know exactly what simon1234 is experiencing.. Simply a "oh heerreee we goooo again" feeling. And if there really is a bug, it needs to be addressed.

...When, of course, there is time.. (sigh).

totally agree with you, would you say that if it was a case of lag as they state then should it not be easy to reproduce ourselves. Would using proxy server to connect to the server causes enough lag that we should then experience the same effect when the fuel runs out.
This is not the only case of this that we have noticed with a few others being noticed over the past months
Quote from Draggo :But at that point his car was lighter than yours

That makes no sense as my car was 1% heavier from the start.

I do think it could be fuel/lag but it would help if the dervs could post here.
It is the fuel load bug, I've seen myself doing that on a stream after race finish this week.
This has taken me trying on several servers with massive pings to replicate but it does seem to be fuel.

Excuse the cock up at the start forgot I could not clear penalty.

http://www.filedropper.com/simonhackc

To the driver it show as normal running out of fuel gliding to a stop but the replay shows different.

vinibali I will unban you now its up to you if you use the server again but I would recommend you race with 1% extra fuel as I can not guarantee you will not be banned by someone else.
Can we all hug now?
Just watched reply in the end it looks like fuel lag to me Shrug
Quote from simon1234 :This has taken me trying on several servers with massive pings to replicate but it does seem to be fuel.

Excuse the cock up at the start forgot I could not clear penalty.

http://www.filedropper.com/simonhackc

To the driver it show as normal running out of fuel gliding to a stop but the replay shows different.

vinibali I will unban you now its up to you if you use the server again but I would recommend you race with 1% extra fuel as I can not guarantee you will not be banned by someone else.

honestly what you show in the replay is nothing like in his replay. all i see is you changing gears up and down while he gets the different sound and jerking of the car without having to change gear.
I watch again instead i missed something

EDIT - i see where you mean, the same just not as severe, would of expected the devs to have given 2 minutes of their time to clear things up
I'd like to say thank you guys for the comments, even if you said that I'm guilty.
Specially Draggo, who helped a lot with creating videos, analyzing the replay etc... Smile
To be clear, I always race with the lowest amount of fuel. I experienced the lower weight might be better, I don't even loose so much time if I have to spare some fuel during the race with earlier upshifts and sailing.

Simon, thank you for the unban. But,
- your comments are malicious and full of personal remarks in general, but especially when you said in the MRc forums "Oh dear that did not go as you planned Vini LOL" (http://masterracecar.forumacti ... t-got-banned-for-230-days),
- you were paranoid, when you asked me about a potential DDOS attack.
IMHO if you are an admin you should behave differently, but first of all please be bit more patient.

See you at the race track, however in the past days I enjoyed so much racing at B2R Rotate.
PS: your last turn was nothing special
In the same situation I will still ban drivers with low rt and such a bad lag.

I am not going to apologise for your bad connection and a game bug .

For the potential ddos the fact you thought are servers we're in the uk leads me to more suspision but hopefully just a bad coincidence.
Quote from Draggo :x%=(Fuel*100)/65

Even if he still had normal amount fuel, Simon did not have a chance to catch him.

My assumption was about the race in general. The lap times show that simon was faster. Also i cant make my mind up if you being someone that uses tweaks themselves makes your opinion qualified or less credible
This is the multiplayer rounding error fuel bug. He was not cheating. Period.

This bug has existed in LFS for as long as I can remember. It should probably be added to Scawen's fix list at some point.
Well known issue. On kyoto 500 qualifying and kyoto 250 qualifying, drivers would try to time their fuel perfectly because right before the line they get a slight speed boost. This lagging also appeared there. User is not cheating. @dekojester and @flame_cze can confirm.

[Resolved: No] Am I a cheater?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG