The online racing simulator
[GU-R] Events
(13 posts, started )
[GU-R] Events

Hello! Today I will be posting on behalf of the Gamers United Official Racing Team. Recently, they have been working on an event that they are wanting to test out. This event will be going through a 'test phase' and therefore will be seen as a bit of fun rather than something competitive at this moment in time. If it is successful, then we will hopefully look into making it an official event.

Below are all of the details:

Event Details:
July 1st
GU-R's 1st Official Event!
UFB @ FrostFire Circuit - 30 Laps (33 Minutes [APPROX])
NO SIGN-UP REQUIRED

Server:
[GU] Event Server
Server Open for practise!

Qualifying start:
5PM UTC / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST / 8PM EEST (1 Hour)

Race start:
6PM UTC / 7PM BST / 8PM CEST / 9PM EEST

Rules:
No ramming
Cheats / VOBS / Hacks = Perma ban
If you flip - Spectate
If you crash - Wait until it's safe to rejoin the race
Shift + P / Shift + S = Retired
No rejoining race after pitting / speccing
If your ping becomes unstable to the point where it is causing visual lag or causing problems for other drivers, then you may be disqualified.

(Discord is optional) - www.gamersunited.co.uk/discord

Staff attending:
[GU-R]Squeeze - Stewarding
[GU-R]Huski - Racing
[GU]Lewis - General Admin Work

Notes:
This event is running as a fun race, not too serious due to its purpose being testing the interest in such racing for the planned Leagues for winter.

Please note: No Sign up is required for participation.

Map of the track

Thanks,
GU & GU-R Staff
Definitely a fun event to take part in! A great layout! Be sure to try it out Big grin
looks like a fun event, probably won't be able to join, but i'll try
Quote from johneysvk :looks like a fun event, probably won't be able to join, but i'll try

Thanks! If this goes well I'm sure there will be more of these in the future!
Looks like 9397 events I really liked. Will join for sure.
Also, 2 things:
- it would be great if you would not allow UFR on server and have only UFB available
- could you add some ranking? at the moment we have no chance to see any stats
Quote from Spiiiky :Looks like 9397 events I really liked. Will join for sure.

Also, 2 things:
- it would be great if you would not allow UFR on server and have only UFB available

These will both be looked at, this first event is just to test the interest in this kind of racing event, if its a success then we will be sure to do more of these, maybe to the extent of a league in winter.
Quote from Spiiiky :Also, 2 things:

At the moment, the InSim running on the server only allows UFB. It tells you to add intake restriction if you try to join without the restriction.

The ranking is something that I will take a look at Smile
Hello! Its the day of the event and I'm here to give a quick reminder of the rules & time schedule!

Times:
Qualifying start:
5PM UTC / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST / 8PM EEST (1 Hour)

Race start:
6PM UTC / 7PM BST / 8PM CEST / 9PM EEST

Rules:
No ramming
Cheats / VOBS / Hacks = Perma ban
If you flip - Spectate
If you crash - Wait until it's safe to rejoin the race
Shift + P / Shift + S = Retired
No rejoining race after pitting / speccing
If your ping becomes unstable to the point where it is causing visual lag or causing problems for other drivers, then you may be disqualified.

Server:
[GU]Event Server
Race Results
Firstly I apologise as much as I can for the lateness of this, however without further ado the results of the race along with standings on the grid too! (Couldn't get quali replay, sorry!)

Above: Grid picture before start (By myself)

The lineup of the grid consisted of 11 drivers in total, which are in the following order:
1st: [TC-R] Pete
2nd: B2R ICeleritas
3rd: AA™| spiky
4th: [WCL] J.A.Katila
5th: [LCS-R]Ltras
6th: [WCL] T.Soini
7th: LDperformance
8th: [GU-R]Bunny
9th: °Ryan
10th: DodoBla198
11th [GU-R]Cyandic

Above: Hairpin L1. Picture by Myself

After a half hour of racing the finishing results stood at this:

In 1st place, taking the first ever UFB @ Frostfire win is [TC-R] Pete!

Coming along in 2nd was B2R ICeleritas! (Above)

In 3rd was [WCL] J.A.Katila (Left) and in 5th was [WCL] T.Soini (Right)

Above: Laptimes & Positioning.

The raw standings are as follows:

Finishing order:
1st: [TC-R] Pete
2nd: B2R ICeleritas
3rd: [WCL] J.A.Katila
4th: [GU-R]Cyandic
5th: [WCL] T.Soini

MPR is attached below, if anybody wants to take pictures of the event feel free to, as well as post in a reply!

Once more, sorry for the wait!
Attached files
ff_event.mpr - 4.1 MB - 574 views
OK so here is some feedback from me.

It was not specified how much time we had until start of the race. Qualification ended, then for a long time nothing happened, then suddenly 3 seconds countdown appeared, which resulted into many people staying in pits and losing their qualificiation position. This resulted into few people leaving right after race started. You should have given more than 3 seconds and at least some warning for drivers. Not everyone participates in events regularly and people also use to forget to leave pits in order to keep their quali position.

Second.. I saw many drivers of [GU] team while I was training on your server, but in the end, only one or two participated. If you would do these events regularly, you should easily reach good amount of drivers participating. Looking at 9397 events that were very similar to this, it started with races of 5-6 racers and in the end, there we almost 40 drivers qualifying and more than 20 racing.
Quote from Spiiiky :OK so here is some feedback from me.

It was not specified how much time we had until start of the race. Qualification ended, then for a long time nothing happened, then suddenly 3 seconds countdown appeared, which resulted into many people staying in pits and losing their qualificiation position. This resulted into few people leaving right after race started. You should have given more than 3 seconds and at least some warning for drivers. Not everyone participates in events regularly and people also use to forget to leave pits in order to keep their quali position.

Second.. I saw many drivers of [GU] team while I was training on your server, but in the end, only one or two participated. If you would do these events regularly, you should easily reach good amount of drivers participating. Looking at 9397 events that were very similar to this, it started with races of 5-6 racers and in the end, there we almost 40 drivers qualifying and more than 20 racing.

I can only give the reason I was unable to participate on the night, it was due to real life as I had been uninformed by my family that we were going out for dinner that night, so all I can do is apologise that I was not there.

We will also take your criticism on board to make our next event much better!

Quote : Looking at 9397 events that were very similar to this, it started with races of 5-6 racers and in the end

Yes, I'm expecting it to pick up over time as we improve the layouts, racing schedule as well as on-night running as well, we'll keep at it, improving every event as much as we can!

Once again, thanks for the criticism, we'll take it on board to help us along with our next event!

[GU-R]Huski

[GU-R] Events
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG