The online racing simulator
Why are mods/hacks possible online?
(25 posts, closed, started )
Why do the mods/hacks [Mod note: Removed link to mod/hack site] are possible to use without warning or getting kicked from the server (until the admin notices) ?

I remember years ago that if you used LFS Tweak you could not get online, it's really a bummer because it is frustrating if the guy does not get caught. Are the devs aware of this?
I'm not sure, but my bet is because Live for Speed checks for the car when you join the track. Many tweaks on this website change parameters when the player is already on track.

Also, some parameters/variables simply are not monitored by the LFS. Then, admins of leagues must have a good knowledge base to detect if a racer is cheating or not.

Maybe Scawen can improve car specs monitoring and include some new things to be checked from time to time Wink
Quote from chanoman315 : because it is frustrating if the guy does not get caught.

But he does so making a problem of no problem
Okey, the link was removed, are the Devs going to work something out for this? Were they already aware of this page? It seems that those mods were possible from a long time ago.
#5 - BeNoM
Because like any game, it's impossible to stop all loopholes and exploits. Whenever something gets patched, the modders will just create a newer and better mod then before.

Anyways, the devs should be focused on stopping piracy rather then stopping mods.
Quote from chanoman315 :Why do the mods/hacks [Mod note: Removed link to mod/hack site] are possible to use without warning or getting kicked from the server (until the admin notices) ?

I remember years ago that if you used LFS Tweak you could not get online, it's really a bummer because it is frustrating if the guy does not get caught. Are the devs aware of this?

The best course of action is to save a replay of the hacker in action, and then report them to the server's owner via their website, if they have one. You'll normally find their contact details in the welcome message when you first join the server, or in the server updates that appear in chat every few races.

Most serious racing servers will take immediate action to ensure the hacker won't return to any of their servers for a few years...
Quote from chanoman315 :Why do the mods/hacks [Mod note: Removed link to mod/hack site] are possible to use without warning or getting kicked from the server (until the admin notices) ?

WHAT? You can't play online on normal not tweaked servers with mods from that site you linked (google history).
Quote from Draggo :WHAT? You can't play online on normal not tweaked servers with mods from that site you linked (google history).

Yep. The trainers/mods on the website he posted (in some of them, at least) are perfectly usable on online play, even if you are not in a tweak server.
The dev's seem to have no issue with illegal piracy.
Only with legal mods or updates, I have previously expressed 'surprise' at this but clearly this is the choice they have made.

My opinion, why bother to buy the game, just pirate and hack/mod what you want.......

I have spent years supporting the game but I struggle to see why given the lack of dev support for improving it.
(Rockingham does not count, many, many suggestions have been made over the years to get this game to where it should be, phuq ov has been the repeated response....)

S2 2005, It's now 2017 and I'll probably be banned for my opinion.......

Pirates however will continue to be supported by the devs.....
Quote from Racer X NZ :The dev's seem to have no issue with illegal piracy.
Only with legal mods or updates, I have previously expressed 'surprise' at this but clearly this is the choice they have made.

My opinion, why bother to buy the game, just pirate and hack/mod what you want.......

I have spent years supporting the game but I struggle to see why given the lack of dev support for improving it.
(Rockingham does not count, many, many suggestions have been made over the years to get this game to where it should be, phuq ov has been the repeated response....)

S2 2005, It's now 2017 and I'll probably be banned for my opinion.......

Pirates however will continue to be supported by the devs.....

What you mean with Mods? Do you mean car VOBs?

Anyway... I dont believe people will buy the license just to Mod/Hack/Tweak, as they can do it even as Demo Racers. VOB modding is one of the things that help this game to still a bit popular, and they are not prohibited (or considered piracy) by developers. In fact, VOBs are not supported by developers/community, and using them may cause instabilities/issues on some servers. That's why "modified" option was added.

As you mentioned about developing, I think main issue on LFS is developing team. Not because they dont care about this game, but cause it's just Scawen now (I mean on programming... Not sure if Victor assist on LFS.exe programming). Things are difficult to implement, change, create,... Some times you add something to code that cause conflict with another parts of same code... Some of those things are difficult to identify. So, what I mean, programming is something that take time, specially for a one-person programming team.
Quote from Racer X NZ :The dev's seem to have no issue with illegal piracy.

I would say "There's none so blind as those that won't see", but you'd only think I was talking about the devs.
Quote from Skinzinho :Yep. The trainers/mods on the website he posted (in some of them, at least) are perfectly usable on online play, even if you are not in a tweak server.

I know what is working online and what is not working online on that site.
Maybe 2 of them can be used as "player help" (e.g revbouncer, but you can find old version of "it" by DavidTiger on this forum and no one bats an eye), and rest of them are more like client side visual mods.

And as I have mentioned a few times, lfs need a update of CPW/OOS system.
Quote from Draggo :I know what is working online and what is not working online on that site.
Maybe 2 of them can be used as "player help" (e.g revbouncer, but you can find old version of "it" by DavidTiger on this forum and no one bats an eye), and rest of them are more like client side visual mods.

And as I have mentioned a few times, lfs need a update of CPW/OOS system.

You probably don't know about those programs. They offer programs that can increase car power/torque (even on track), change how temperature affects the tyres (even on track), change car grip (even on track)... And you talk about revbouncer, and say that the others are most client side? Ok...
Quote from Skinzinho :You probably don't know about those programs.

Hahaha god one, mr I Know Everything (as you can see, you do not know everything)

Quote from Skinzinho :They offer programs that can increase car power/torque

Not working online on normal servers
Quote from Skinzinho :(even on track),

Ok this one work
Quote from Skinzinho :change how temperature affects the tyres (even on track), change car grip (even on track)...

Not working online on normal servers
Quote from Skinzinho :And you talk about revbouncer, and say that the others are most client side?

Yes
Quote from Skinzinho :Ok...

OK
Quote from Skinzinho :You probably don't know about those programs.

He knows a lot more about them then you or me, that's for sure.
Quote from BeNoM :He knows a lot more about them then you or me, that's for sure.

Oh ok... So, if he says VTEC and Temperature Lock dont work online, so, they dont. He joined in 2005... Wave
The things is that all cheats (it are not 'hacks', it's simply called cheating) are visible, detectable and can be taken care of by any server admin, as long as it's easily noticeable it's a waste of time to address this kind of stuff.
If only the creator of these programs could weigh in on this... Uhmm
-
(Mikus1212) DELETED by Mikus1212
Templock works online...or atleast it was working on 0.6E version. I had chance to use it on private drift server. #tirephysicsover100C
Quote from cargame.nl :The things is that all cheats (it are not 'hacks', it's simply called cheating) are visible, detectable and can be taken care of by any server admin, as long as it's easily noticeable it's a waste of time to address this kind of stuff.

Not really, someone (some clever cheater) can add 1% or less to his current car power and you will not detect it be looking at his car. Or block engine damage, or block fuel comsumption for some time, or increase/decrease downforce power by some little number, or add abs, or strengthen clutch power by some little number, or change gearbox type, or strengthen suspension, etc..

Quote from Mikus1212 :Templock works online...or atleast it was working on 0.6E version. I had chance to use it on private drift server. #tirephysicsover100C

Thanks for informaion. FIXED, now it will make OOS - CAR Wink
Hmm wierd, last time (looooooooong time ago) when i tryed to use it on normal server it maked CPW ban. Could it be downgrade of CPW ban system Uhmm
Quote from Draggo :Not really, someone (some clever cheater) can add 1% or less to his current car power and you will not detect it be looking at his car. Or block engine damage, or block fuel comsumption for some time, or increase/decrease downforce power by some little number, or add abs, or strengthen clutch power by some little number, or change gearbox type, or strengthen suspension, etc..

Thanks for informaion. FIXED, now it will make OOS - CAR Wink
Hmm wierd, last time (looooooooong time ago) when i tryed to use it on normal server it maked CPW ban. Could it be downgrade of CPW ban system Uhmm

Yes, yes, you are right again, mr Draggo. Could you say that S3 licences are for free now? Cause everything you say is right... Thumbs up

Quote from Mikus1212 :Templock works online...or atleast it was working on 0.6E version. I had chance to use it on private drift server. #tirephysicsover100C

Don't forget VTEC, LFS 0.6(R)ectum (the owner calls it exactly this way), ProTweaker (on track editor; ok, not all, but some functions are not detectable)...
Quote from Skinzinho :
LFS 0.6(R)ectum

Engine power hack will set your engine damage to negative valute. Everything over 4-5% is obvius-revs and car start to stutter (Also making your clutch stronger will resoult in simmilar thing.)
I talked about that hack before,but it semse none cares... Shrug
A user has requested for this thread to be closed, as there isn't going to be any useful information.

I can do more on cheat protection and I will do so but there will always be more cheats.

Development continues... Smile
I've just enabled some cheat protection online.

So now there may be a CPW message when using certain types of cheat.

Thanks! I will now close the thread.
This thread is closed

(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG