The online racing simulator
Update: Virtual Raceways: Multi-Instance use LFS, may need help from Scawen.
12/13/2019
Was difficult to keep track of updates on this first page, so updates within...

Multi-Instance of LFS on one PC, is currently "Dead in the Water", until I resolve an issue with the wheels not working... see latest posts.
Alright, lets say first, I admire your determination to make this work.. It's looking great already.

Now some things I noticed;

1) there should be a global admin who can put all race joiners on ready. Or disable(/enable) the ready option to be initiated by any client. The absence of this functionality is frequently a problem during league organizing also.

2) You say it only happens on motherboard2, right? Motherboard1 never goes black? Then what is the difference between the two, thats what I would question myself

3) What happens, just for test, if you not F11 all screens and just keep it windowed for the sake of testing. Does it still goes black? Do you see the window borders? What happens if you make the window active? What happens if you move the window around on the assigned screen?

4) .. I have no 4 yet.
Did you scale up the clients when you started or did you just go straight to running 10 of them? Try 2 first, then 4, then 6, then 8 and see where the point of failure is (if any). The fact that the Radeon software keeps crashing sounds to me like the hardware is running into some issues.
I will be there to help people join, and quit etc... I would like there to be more to the automation for when I have 10, or up to 20 when I upgrade, people doing so at the same time though.

Not just on 2, in the video I even say, "this one usually does it by now", referring to machine 1. In fact just now, I woke up to find machine 2, running just fine, while the host machine, and all of its screens black. All cars still in the race from all Machine 1 instances. And an almost 8 hour race still chugging away on the two machines.

This last test was with them all using vertical sync at 60fps.
Previous tests were mostly with out, at 75mhz limit.
Some tests were a combo of the 75mhz limit and it running on a desktop window, not in full screen.

One odd thing, is while running as much of a balanced load as possible, machine 1 will max out its GPU at 100%, while machine 2 runs at 80-99, then they will switch... machine 2 will max out, while machine 1 is 80-99... it is weird.

I also suspect the black screens may only happen while the machine is maxed due to running ALL AI players, and I am hoping it will work just fine with human drivers. I need to set it up so 10 people can keep them working hard to render scenery flying by, I also need to find 10 people to test. At least I have seen it use less GPU while playing human drivers vs AI... even though that really should not affect GPU, I guess is may be rending extra possibilities, and or correcting itself often?!

I guess the next test will be to try and go-back a few Radeon driver versions... since previous test before the patches, would only black screen if I really over worked the gpu.
Quote from ToxicKlay :Did you scale up the clients when you started or did you just go straight to running 10 of them? Try 2 first, then 4, then 6, then 8 and see where the point of failure is (if any). The fact that the Radeon software keeps crashing sounds to me like the hardware is running into some issues.

I have been doing various tests on this for over a year, but you would have to go through and read more than one thread I have posted on this... not always on topic. So... I will say that I have tried a few graphics cards, even a server PC etc...

I AM running right on the edge of how many is possible, which is why I think running all human instead of AI, may be enough to pull it down from the max gpu load to work.

It is definitely GPU issue though, as I have to end-task on the Radeon software to get back into Radeon options, and the CPU load is just fine, none of the cores ever go beyond 30% load. And some are not even being used... so if I had MORE video power, I could do MORE players per machine... maybe with a VEGA card?! Smile

Doing a test with just 8 running, to see if it runs longer before black screen.
I may have solved the black screen, but still testing to make sure.

As I originally suspected, I think it was overheating.
Apparently the new point of overheating for my pair of graphics cards is some where under 80C, maybe even 70C, maybe less. I guess this may be due to running max monitors supported (6) on each card. So I set its max Tempt to 60C, and forced the fans to 3000 rpm, it no longer feels like a deep fryer at the GPU vent.

I also had to max LFS to 60FPS instead of my desired 75fps.
But this is holding at 60FPS on all 10 player screens, and 30 FPS on the host, and spectator... for most of black wood, with 10 AI BF1 all huddled together, it only drops to 55-58 in some key spots.

And as I am typing this, the flipping 2nd PC went black again........
;laksjdf;lkjasd;flkjasd;lkj
#7 - Racon
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :And as I am typing this, the flipping 2nd PC went black again........
;laksjdf;lkjasd;flkjasd;lkj

The best way to conjure a fault in anything is to tell someone that it is fixed Wink
I had it all setup, and pretty much working at the event. However it rained, and flooded everything, so I pulled the plug.

Did not get any good photos for website at all...

Only took rainy wet videos of a mess.

They claimed the tent was dry, and "not outside". So... I should have just canceled it when I saw rain coming. But I was trying to be nice and try anyway, because it was "dry".

They refused to pay, even though it was up and running for a while... and they made me hook 2 back up in a dryer location for the rest of the event. Currently looking for a lawyer to get funds back.

The videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCynkNig5fw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0_mfZwj0w
Oh wauw.. That doesn't look like a good location..

But have you ever thought about making it all operational inside a dry trailer? [/funnymode]
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh wauw.. That doesn't look like a good location..

But have you ever thought about making it all operational inside a dry trailer? [/funnymode]

This sounds like an amazing idea.
-
(SimulatorRental.com) DELETED by SimulatorRental.com
Hhhmm.. Not such a great idea... Aren't there any proper skilled welders anymore @US?

Cannot be true I guess..
If I spend a lot more money I can have it built... I just do not want to spend $70K to do that. So, I need to start cheaper, maybe have the custom one built later, if this whole thing even makes enough money to pay for the lower cost trailer.
If it was like $8K how to get money back?

It's not really for a living i hope?
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :I just do not want to spend $70K to do that.

Buying a trailer, opening it up on one side and do some welding with some hollow steel bars shouldn't cost that much. Are you sure you are looking in the right area for a proper skilled man? Like on a shipyard for example. They are the best welders.

Btw your website is RIP
Yea, I was messing with the website Smile
For now my SimulatorRental.com is just going to point to my SlotCarRental.com site...

And I forgot to put the redirect in, thanks for the reminder.
This image is what it may look like if they are willing to put 3 of the 6x4 awning doors on one side.

Builders that churn out trailers by the dozens, will only use their Jigs.
Their jigs are sized up for various door and window sizes, that are known to work after expanding and contracting in hot and cold temperatures. This is the only way they will guarantee the water proof seal on the trailer.

Also, I am splurging on the Aluminum Floor instead of plywood... due to the foot traffic.
Attached images
2017_SimTrailer_03.png
2017_SimTrailer_04.png
-
It sounds you are dealing with businesses instead of persons..
The guy building the trailer? Well yea, the people that build trailers often work for businesses that sell them. Not sure I would trust some guy learning to weld in his garage to build it...
Americans, they have issues...

I know people the would do something like this for §1k/$2k -MAX-

But the heart and soul needs to speak, otherwise nothing is moving. These are the skilled guys. Nothing to do with `learning´. But, it´s probably clash of cultures. Too bad. I know this from this American one night stand, she had this typical American attitude; `throw money at it and the world would move for you´... Well, no, sometimes not. Surprise Smile

Cannot do anything from this side of the ocean, if I would be a tiny bit more motivated I would do a project similar to yours (thats why I am tracking it a bit, and supporting it.. It could be fun).
-
That one has a Steel Frame, Plywood Floor, plywood walls, and short inside height.

The one I am ordering is all aluminum chassis, frame, and floor. And will have vinyl walls, instead of ugly plywood. It also has extra height.

All of this will make it more durable, and 1000 pounds less weight to pull around.

Each of those is another $2K or more upgrade. There are a few places down in Georgia selling low cost trailers, but it will cost another $1.5K-$2K to deliver it up here. So at least another 7K to 10K.

So to make that trailer equivelent to the other one I linked to would be at least another 6K to 8K. It also has a make offer on it, so might get it for less than listed.

I now need to add 3 side windows, a front V-nose door, a divider wall inside, awnings, and maybe cabinets if the bottom line price is not a shocker when I get it. I may also go for black out alum, but may just paint that...
-
Good luck! I really hope your success! Btw, what's the situation today?
Thank You.

Right now, while I am trying to finance this stupid trailer, and get other quotes to make sure I am not over paying. I keep going back and forth between, "I give up" and "one more try".

I really do not think the IndieGoGo page will work... but I might try it anyway.

These crowd fund sites say they help you raise funds, but at the bottom line, they are nothing more then WEB SPACE to host the project. They do not actually help other then that... infact for an indiegogo page to work you have to keep getting links and contributions or the project will not show up in the search on their own site. So indiegogo and the other sites have a "if you are doing bad, we will make you do worse, so the projects that are getting money get more attention." type of system, it is kind of stupid and seems counter productive. So before a project goes live it needs a community of 100's of people that are already prepared to contribute funds to it, I don't think I even have 1 person right now.

There needs to be a crowd funding site that not only hosts your project page, but also HELPS you market the project! Without having to hire 3rd party people to promote your page. Most of which just post to their own facebook account and try to charge you $100 for it... most are scams, few are legit, most do not work for small personal projects like mine.

They also say that projects that succeed have the first 30% contributed from friends and family... and for me that just isn't going to happen, I can expect about $0.00 from that, no one has any cash to give. And I think they only say that so they get those people to contribute through the site and pay the 10% fee, instead of just handing the cash to their family member.

To make it worse, my project is not for a product that can be produced and shipped out... so I am now limited to only those willing to have the trailer at their place for a few hours of racing, which is severely limited to only happening in locations I can actually drive the thing to.

All I need is the stupid trailer... I have everything else.

So I guess I am going to have to go get the cheapest used trailer that I can, and do the first few events in that. But it will be so crappy no one is going to want to set foot in it... let alone pay to race.
Money indeed could solve many problems... I know...

Hmmm...Tough situation indeed. Making a deep negative balance with no actual positive result immediately would not help either. Seems like there is nothing to do, until something unexpected happens... in good way.
The problem you are facing is that you need a regional financial back-up. IndieGoGo might be suitable for financing a game or something that can reach the international level but this project is the other way around. I would suggest you post your project in a newspaper or something regional to reach people in your area that could be interested to give a hand. Let's face it, most people that would even hear of the project outside of your area will have a hard time convincing themselves to finance it if they are not to experience it but those around that are into sim-racing might just help you out.
Also, being you I would check for a used quality trailer on craigslist of from some retailer instead of a new one that would end up costing much more.

I admire your dedication into this and I wish you the best of luck either way!

Update: Virtual Raceways: Multi-Instance use LFS, may need help from Scawen.
(264 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG