The online racing simulator
New Brazilian reseller / BRLok closed
(91 posts, closed, started )
LFS - online cruising simulator...
I've removed the post of the banned individual and the following posts.

Too much abusive language. Please keep it civilised.
Devs, if you want more licensed drivers, real racing drivers, improve the simulation. The list is long, Scavier can not do everything alone. Hire new people, expand the team. I do not know what are you waiting for? LFS have a great potential and excellent base.

GO GO GO LFS!
I simply can not believe that there is no interested publishing house that will pay well and will invest big money in this project.
Well, we are happy working this way. I really like doing the different sides of the code - physics, multiplayer, interface, graphics. Eric enjoys being a texture artist, a track designer, 3D modeller and so on. We like working from home and being able to have a day off in the middle of the week and work a Saturday instead, or in my case, go on a bike ride during working hours and work later in the evening. It's a life we have chosen to lead and it works. It is very different from the capitalist ideal of spending your life trying to make as much money as you possibly can, for no apparent reason. It is possible that Live for Speed doesn't reach the potential it could, but it sure does keep going on and on.

Let's say we decided to give up this way of life, restructure as a company and hire an office. At least one of us would need to sell our house and move nearer to the office, then start working 10am to 6pm, 5 days a week, hire people and spend our working days managing a team. We've been in that situation before, in more than one game company, and decided to do things differently. We have no desire to go back to that. But anyway, if we did (which we won't) then sure we could progress faster and then there would be these major setbacks, like the guy who did the physics leaves the company and no-one knows how the hell his code works, and then you need to find a replacement. The same reason why big commercial games are usually done quickly then they make another one.

Also let's say we somehow created a company for the sake of selling it to a corporation. They would require that we worked on for some years under their control. Again, not what we want at all. We don't want to sell it anyway, we just want to keep working on this thing we enjoy doing and which makes us a living. So that's what we are doing!
Quote from Scawen : It is very different from the capitalist ideal of spending your life trying to make as much money as you possibly can, for no apparent reason.

Well, you are doing your job so well that people on the free marked combined with your huge effort allowed you to practice your life the way you do. Your life is my capitalist ideal Big grin
And top of all this, for some people there is something else than money which makes you happy to live your own life, being it coding the simulator, or adventuring on world or just spending time with friends... or any.

What would make me happy on LFS-side ( not on overall in my life, although LFS strongly is included in my life, more or less! ) that simply having player base increased, new options and more content ( not unlimited one though ), which varies a lot and of course... heh no need to say.

Waiting LX8 GTR & RB4 GTR. ( And that holy car as well! )

But I could actually see, what if LFS in behind of scenes would be run by big company. Endless amounts of DLC's, taking all the money from userbase. Not mentioning micro transactions and other bloody stuff. I am already 26yo. I was under 15 when I started this one. I am absolutely curious of how much potential LFS will bring. It is not maxed out... at all! Which is of course nice thing to continue! There is still a lot of funky resources to make something whatever comes up in mind. Seems tire physics is the thing now, it just simply takes long time to make it.
But I wait, I still have approximately 53 years to live on so... I wonder how many layouts I have done in that time. Lol, could make even own standalone versions of that!

NOTICE: Those cars are never mentioned before by devs, excluding LX8, which was trade-up to UFR in past versions, many years ago, and RBR is simply fantasied by many LFS racers. Being perhaps even more mystic car compared to LX8. And we have VWS which is announced, just never released... yet!
Quote from Scawen :Well, we are happy working this way. I really like doing the different sides of the code - physics, multiplayer, interface, graphics. Eric enjoys being a texture artist, a track designer, 3D modeller and so on. We like working from home and being able to have a day off in the middle of the week and work a Saturday instead, or in my case, go on a bike ride during working hours and work later in the evening. It's a life we have chosen to lead and it works. It is very different from the capitalist ideal of spending your life trying to make as much money as you possibly can, for no apparent reason. It is possible that Live for Speed doesn't reach the potential it could, but it sure does keep going on and on.

Let's say we decided to give up this way of life, restructure as a company and hire an office. At least one of us would need to sell our house and move nearer to the office, then start working 10am to 6pm, 5 days a week, hire people and spend our working days managing a team. We've been in that situation before, in more than one game company, and decided to do things differently. We have no desire to go back to that. But anyway, if we did (which we won't) then sure we could progress faster and then there would be these major setbacks, like the guy who did the physics leaves the company and no-one knows how the hell his code works, and then you need to find a replacement. The same reason why big commercial games are usually done quickly then they make another one.

Also let's say we somehow created a company for the sake of selling it to a corporation. They would require that we worked on for some years under their control. Again, not what we want at all. We don't want to sell it anyway, we just want to keep working on this thing we enjoy doing and which makes us a living. So that's what we are doing!

OK then... Smile

Thank you for your reply.

btw, the focus of my question was not on making money, it is about faster LFS development.
oh well
Quote from nesrulz :LFS - online cruising simulator...

If you ever seen servers list, you probably know there's four or five cruise servers. All others are drifting, tweak, racing, stunts. Did you ever see the running leagues? You have probably never been in a race...

Quote from nesrulz :OK then... Smile

Thank you for your reply.

btw, the focus of my question was not on making money, it is about faster LFS development.

Sometimes "faster" means no quality. They are doind what they like and probably don't wanna see a corporation taking decisions, making changes on what (the game, in this case) they constructed.

Also, improve a software is not easy. It's not simple like add a couple of lines and then you get new physics, new cars or whatever. Developers want to have new content more than players, simply because they earn their living with Live for Speed.
Quote from Skinzinho :If you ever seen servers list, you probably know there's four or five cruise servers. All others are drifting, tweak, racing, stunts. Did you ever see the running leagues? You have probably never been in a race...

Yes, and online drifting simulator, sry. Smile I meant to write and this, but I did not want to exaggerate.

The point was that the remaining drivers mostly drive cruise and drift. You know. Wink

btw, surely we will not argue what is better.
Quote from nesrulz :The point was that the remaining drivers mostly drive cruise and drift.

If you complain about lack of racers in servers,I'll remind you - you're one of them. If you sit and wait for very crowded server,probably there are another 30 who does the same. From nothing comes nothing,someone needs to step up and join the empty server. Or gather up friends - if server has some activity,some others will join. That's the only way to get the snowball rolling - currently it just lies on top of the mountain and melts...
Other option - organized racing,that is leagues or various events. They are organized at specific time,so everyone knows when to show up - then you know when and where you can join. Check out leagues section and it's calendar.
I was doing this for over 10 years.
I organized a bunch of races, organized very successful LFS team, we drove strongest LFS competitions, we organized LFS live stream on local TV before more than 10 years, has been written about us and LFS in local newspapers and magazines, etc...

In the present people drive iRacing and AC. That's why I wrote about faster LFS development.
New drivers do not arrive in LFS.
What? New drivers do not arrive in LFS? what an invalid argument!
Negligible.
Do not be "gestapo fanboys". Smile

People, I'm a a big fan of this simulation, so I give constructive criticism.
When new tire physics get released and Scirocco I am sure something is going to happen. Not want to be skeptical but it almost has it's 10 year anniversary celebration (Dec. 2018). But, simply be idle in the meantime like me isn't that hard to do. Is it?
Well done Scavier.
nesrulz, I am with you! I have nothing against the people who are still trying to keep LFS alive with their leagues, but the matter of the fact is..most people are not interested to play a game that no longer has a demand.

Sure..I wish nothing but the best to the developers of LFS, but you have to be realistic and look at the situation from a different perspective. iR, AC..they just deliver. They deliver what the audience wants (more or less..).
..I do check LFSW to see from time to time how many people are online around 21:00 GMT..well, it's barely 300.

I'm certain most of you have heard of dead men walking gaming community and Dominant Monkey Racing. They are really great people and I can assure you they are one of the friendliest people out there and they provided nothing but genuine and FUN racing..not being the fastest, just enjoying great, fun racing. But they are not playing LFS anymore, they have moved to other simracing titles. That's just the way it is.

..and B2R Storm, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE, for the love of god, STOP putting in the effort to maintain B2R servers on LFS. You have done so MUCH, but got so little in return for the past year. Please, move over to the other simracing title that most people have told you about already. Your effort will go a long way, you can be sure about that. Your passion and enthusiasm WILL do nothing but great things for them. I do not want to see you struggle anymore. Embrace the way it is, let go and just move on...Many, MANYYY people from LFS have already moved over to other simracing titles to create their communities or just enjoy what the latest tech can offer, it's worth it..trust me. Your racing passion will be once again shining very, very brightly.. Smile
Quote from MousemanLV :nesrulz, I am with you!

I don't think you are with him. He was asking us to update LFS at a higher speed (which I've explained isn't really possible).

You, on the other hand, are visiting our forum to *beg* people to stop being involved with Live for Speed.

The online usage of Live for Speed is growing in recent times and sales have increased, so it's looking good for the future. I think you are quite rude to use our forum to grovel and beg for people to go somewhere else. Maybe you should take some of your own advice.
Agreed, it's one thing to moan and threaten to leave as many do, but to actively encourage others to stop using the software (which they must enjoy or they would have left already) is just a crappy way to operate.
Quote from MousemanLV :..and B2R Storm, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE, for the love of god, STOP putting in the effort to maintain B2R servers on LFS.

I never had too good thoughts about you,always moaning here around,attitude towards racing is childish,but now begging someone to quit LFS? What the firetruck is wrong with you??? Has the Mouseman a tiny mousebrain between ears?
Seems like you're one of them moaners,who really want LFS to die and then you can jump around singing "I told ya so",because devs didn't add your beloved cars,tracks or switched to Direct X 24.8 (or whatever is now cool)...

PS. "They just deliver" - yes,they do,but because of one single reason that motivates them to do anything at all - money!
Quote from MousemanLV :..and B2R Storm, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE, for the love of god, STOP putting in the effort to maintain B2R servers on LFS. You have done so MUCH, but got so little in return for the past year. Please, move over to the other simracing title that most people have told you about already. Your effort will go a long way, you can be sure about that. Your passion and enthusiasm WILL do nothing but great things for them. I do not want to see you struggle anymore. Embrace the way it is, let go and just move on...Many, MANYYY people from LFS have already moved over to other simracing titles to create their communities or just enjoy what the latest tech can offer, it's worth it..trust me. Your racing passion will be once again shining very, very brightly.. Smile

fyi when I check my monthly Pubstat usage I see that we busy since april 2015 and more data every month is used Thumbs up people come back so they like B2R Big grin

I have server running and next to LFS it hosts Assetto

BTW I check other sims out and still think best gameplay is in LFS + LFS is easiest to admin

Cheers Storm
No, I do not want LFS to die. No, it's not my intention to start another fight over what's better and what we should do as a community blablabla...I used to play LFS for a really long time and I used to be a fanboy, I used to defend it despite the lack of updates. My friends used to play it but stopped due to the fact that there are other options out there.

I have met a lot of great people on this simracing platform, some of them don't really play here anymore, some have moved over to other titles. After I upgraded my system that cost me well over..well, a lot, I decided to give other titles a go. Yeaaah, they can get rather expensive, but that doesn't bother me because the level of immersion is on a completely different level and there's so much more to experience.

AAAND YEEES I KNOW there are only 3 devs, but I'm just sad to see my favorite playground struggle..I mean, you can't blame the people who left the game a long time ago when there are other games offering real cars, laser scanned tracks and whatnot?! Frown
This thread is closed

New Brazilian reseller / BRLok closed
(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG