The online racing simulator
Servers do not load first time (?)
Hello, here to ask for some help,

LFS has been playing up lately, whenever I try to join any multiplayer server (by master server or Join Specific/Follow user), it loads the Insim, then gets to "Rebuilding" and hangs there for a good solid 30 minutes, without any percentage, then heads to "Generating", then immediately shows "Did not receive track info".

(Takes a while between these)

(Textures sometime take 1 minute to load 5%, and by then it gets an error, as stated below)

This whole thing takes about 2 minutes, and it occurs for every server I try to join.
On some occasions it shows the FATAL ERROR/TIMER BOUNDED error and LFS totally hangs.
After I click OK and try to rejoin, it loads perfectly fine as normal.

This has only started to happen since 2 days ago, LFS was working perfectly fine for me before, no changes to any files prior.

Any suggestions?

--
Oh, and not sure if it's connected, but my PC itself has been acting weird,
Windows 8 laptop

(This takes place from boot to about 10 minutes)
On boot, after entering desktop, normally as startup process goes Skype, then Discord and a page of Chrome opens automatically.
Now, the desktop just sits there, nothing starts up. Everything is slow, you click something and it takes a full minute to actually open. Clicking the win 8 start button on the left/winkey opens the Windows 8 tray thing, normally it opens instantly, now it just opens the background of the Win8 tray, and then after about 2 minutes the tray and apps followthrough. Opening Search and typing something in takes another minute, and even Msconfig takes 3 minutes to fully open.

The PC itself hangs intermittingly during this "10 minutes of slowdown", only then does Skype pop up and it appears to startup normally then.

Checked for defragment, it's fine, checked startup ad it's processes, it's fine too. Did a full scan with Malwarebytes, no Spyware or viruses found, and disk itself is working fine (apart from the Windows 8 100% Disk glitch).

Not exactly sure if the LFS issue is linked to this PC issue, and if it is/or isn't, how can I fix it?

If you have answers to both topics (or if it's linked, then one long one), much appreciated!

Cheers
Quote :Oh, and not sure if it's connected, but my PC itself has been acting weird,

Yes, likely connected. You write your PC takes several minutes to open startbutton menu and such things..there is little trying to figure out what goes wrong with LFS serverlist when the whole system is slow.
First try is I would remove all those programs from autostart, also look in taskmanager for unusual things. (high CPU or high disk usage?)
high memory usage => swapping. Failing harddrive. Some virus. Can be anything. But it's not related to LFS.
#4 - Ped7g
Sounds to me like swapping, but right after boot.. check if all your RAM is reported, maybe some module gave up and you are running on less memory. Or some rootkit virus is hidden under OS. If you have some *buntu CD/USB around, boot it and run memory check option. Or even boot into live image to see, if it acts weird also under different OS.
Quote from Ped7g :Sounds to me like swapping, but right after boot.. check if all your RAM is reported, maybe some module gave up and you are running on less memory. Or some rootkit virus is hidden under OS. If you have some *buntu CD/USB around, boot it and run memory check option. Or even boot into live image to see, if it acts weird also under different OS.

I'm not a technically-great person sadly Tongue

What is swapping..?
And how do I check the RAM, module gave up etc and rootkit virus?

Many thanks
#6 - BeNoM
Step 1: Run Malwarebytes

Step 2: Done.
Ran Malwarebytes. Nothing found. Will run it again later.

Another example is with a simple recording, Bandicam. Usually when you open the app, it has the watermark, then it loads into the program.
Now, it loads the watermark, and it hangs. Closing it freezes the PC, then it resumes again and says "bandicam.exe is not responding" etc.

Reopen Bandicam and it loads fine.

This hanging and freezing also occurs when anything is loading, be it a webpage, an image, swapping of Discord channels or even changing youtube videos. It just freezes the PC for a moment.

Will run another scan, as stated. Hopefully something is found, if not, then what could be the problem..? Frown
#8 - BeNoM
Hardware issue(s), corrupt OS issue(s), driver issue(s), windows update(s) or Virus/Malware.

Try getting a separate HDD or partition, installing a new OS and updating all your drivers then see if the issues is still persistent.
@Benom
It's a laptop.
Will update drivers later, because Malwarebytes is still scanning...
Scan is slow, it's been running for almost 2 full hours now, with 48.4k objects and no detected yet.

Opening up this forum thread hangs the entire PC, to the point where even pressing the off button doesn't put it to sleep mode :

It freezes, asks Chrome to kill it and then it loads just fine (i.e this first time doesn't work thing).

Please develop on the possibilities of corrupt OS, driver issue or windows update (??).

Cheers
Right click on task bar -> task manager -> amount of memory being used in % is like how much?

40%.
And tmgr froze as well, what do you know...
I'm sure the 100% disk is a win8 glitch, so ignore that bit unless it isn't.

The thing is that the computer was fine until the 26th, when it started acting weird.
Nothing was changed, nothing was updated, nothing was removed. It just became unresponsive and stuttery all of a sudden.

edit 1:
Mbam threat scan:

I have never encounted this long of a threat scan before, it normally takes under 40 minutes max.
it's currently going through a file called SysWow64, is it a virus? It's not picking anything at the moment.
No, it's not a virus; SysWow64 are some Windows crucial files, like System32. Anyways, the 100% HDD thing usually stops after 20/30 mins max, not after 3 hours you started your PC, so consider getting a new HDD/SSD (SSDs are way faster than HDDs) or formatting your PC.
There is a better way to fix your HDD if it's always at 90-100%. Open 'run' and write "services.msc". Look for "Windows Search" and "Superfetch."

Go to each of these entries. Right click on one and select "Properties." In the dropdown box labeled "Startup type," choose Disabled. After leaving the properties window, press "Stop" in the upper left corner. Do this for both.

This will may fix your FPS and load time! Smile
** Best answer **
Nope, it was the HDD, we figured it out on Discord, it doesn't open Chrome/respond to power button and sometimes the screen just turns blue/black/white, plus the desktop disappears sometimes
Thanks mate, and thanks to everyone who contributed. Much appreciated!
also similar behaviour may be due to overheating, when some fan stops to work.

Servers do not load first time (?)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG