The online racing simulator
A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
Wow, I made this thread 3 years ago. Which means I'm on my 13th year of LFS.
Quote from FPVaaron :Wow, I made this thread 3 years ago. Which means I'm on my 13th year of LFS.

Wow, that's amazing! Hope I can stay on that long, and that you'll still be on the forums then, haha
I found my original LFS account, which I signed up on 17 Jan 2004, but I forgot the details for it, so had to do it again. Think I need to get out more. ;D
Back in 2005 i was taken as a n00b. Now i can has sum braggin' rights, eeeeh? Tongue
Its been a lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwg time since I was on these forums.....

Man, this game was the absolute bomb back in its day..well beyond its time at one stage.

Hi to all! Big grin
You should do 5 more posts now and then one per year, thx for your cooperation Big grin
<---- yeah its been a while lol.

Was on my first marriage when this started, now re-married, have 2 kids with a third on the way, and live in a different country.
I'm surprised that this still exists, quite long road LFS has had, really shame that hacking thing, I would not wish such for any indie developer.

That said, I found it bit amusing on recent thread where Scawen wrote that developer's job is to create new content which they are doing. I guess he knows what he is doing, but it is bit odd how little has happened and how message still is the same, who message is then directed to?

LFS still is fun to drive around few minutes every year or two, still has that awesome online racing feature set, quite easy car handling which makes intense online racing possible, it is just shame that development slowed so bad after S1 period, if they just could of kept momentum on and if they could of made right decisions it could be lot more today.

Luckily competition has not been much better, great fails here and there, big promises, small deliveries, maybe that is just nature of software business.

Let's check board again after few years and see next few official updates, hopefully they can re-energize development and racing community.

My free tip is to stop empty promises and deliver more than promise, that can get things moving again fast.

Was it really almost 10 years ago when new tire model was supposed to come? I think it would of been better to release it incomplete, but who would of known then, I really hope they can pull it back together and really take good look into what has been done and what has been said.

I wish developers can find new direction and inspiration and that they learn from past, even it might be painful to accept, I do wish all the best for them and for LFS, but claims about ongoing work must have some solid foundations, if you can't deliver in almost 10 years, it becomes quite hard to believe you are going to deliver any foreseeable future.

This is just about marketing, business management etc. In order to have growth and stable base, you have to lead with some ability, empty/thin promises carry only so far.
I wait it.
Just saying Hi.

Also still here after 14 years.
Checking the forums so now and then and playing LFS once a month for 10~15 minutes.

Thumbs up
Still here waiting for my 10 year mark so I can disappear again.
From a 2002 perspective [rscnet.org forums], the game hasn't changed much since 2007. 2007 was a turning point for LFS. It's where active development essentially tailed off and community engagement followed.

It's positive to see it being maintained into it's 16th year, but it's a ghost town now.

I pop back "lurking" every now and then, with a glimmer of hope, that the devs will put some serious effort behind it or invite resources in to restore the game to it's former glory. However this year marks 10 years waiting...
This game is indeed timeless. In this time being here i got married , started my own bussines and become a father of a beautiful girl. Im still here checking the forums after all this time and i have nothing to complain Smile
My only wish is that more ppl would return to this game , then i guess the devs would also have more motivation to make this updates more constant.
Just found out I joined lfs back in 2004.Thumbs up Can't imagine what it would be like after 13 years. On an off taking a spin in one of the cars.
Missed my 10 year Smile
Ah well, might be racing once again this weekend.
Quote from JHaak :Just found out I joined lfs back in 2004.Thumbs up Can't imagine what it would be like after 13 years. On an off taking a spin in one of the cars.

and your first post on the forum! Big grin
I got S1 13 years ago yesterday Na-na
14+ years for me.
Only 12 here. Frown Big grin
When did they add the MRT? I was playing before then... and I think I remember a car being added before that, but not sure... rb4? or maybe an old version of the fxo?
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :When did they add the MRT? I was playing before then... and I think I remember a car being added before that, but not sure... rb4? or maybe an old version of the fxo?

The FXO's appearance was reworked in S2 to be less aggressive, presumably to differentiate it from the new FXR.

Full version history is here: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Version_History

In summary:
  • 2002 August 18, original demo and pre-S1 content: XFG, XRG, and XRT (back then known as the GTI, GT, and GTT, respectively)
  • 2003 July 17, S1: FXO, RB4, LX4, and LX6
  • 2003 December 15: MRT5
  • 2005 June 25, S2: FOX, FO8, XRR, FXR, FZR, UFR, XFR, RAC, FZ5, UF1
  • 2006 April 21: BMW Sauber F1.06
  • 2007 December 21: Formula BMW FB02, replaced XRT in demo
  • 2015 December 19, S3: (no new cars yet)
Yeah I'm still waiting for the tire physics rework from nearly 10 years ago ^^
I guess it has been since the beginning 2002, I thought it was around longer though. I remember the GTI, and racing many races on Blackwood when you could do a really big sweeping curve way off the track, right up to the wall, across the concrete slab that is now sand, to keep from having to slow down much, if at all, after the long straight.

Back then there was so many RACERS that servers were often full, but plenty more to join.
14 years now. I'm 28.

Had LFS for half my life.

GG
Quote from Breizh :I wait it.

Ah the memories, the buzz that they created..... WSC 4 life!

A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG