The online racing simulator
The addition of "life outside of the track" that this and Westhill offer is excellent. It really makes the place feel like a social venue when you're just racing with friends.
But what is the problem of having now slower laptimes?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But what is the problem of having now slower laptimes?

Current Hotlaps and PB will become obsolete.
Not to mention IMOL's legacy.
Though the good side is we'll be more innovative in setups, unlike today where most setups are based on Cardsetcrazy's (No hard feeling).
Quote from BADLVBOY :0.7 per lap is pretty much to be honest
Im wondering if its even more with GTi cars...

GTI - Race setup of course:
old- 1.32.52
new- 1.33.41
Quote from TexasLTU :What a brilliant graphical update - I bet everyone will storm back to LFS to try these sausage curbs Smile

Looking forward to a new update, say, a drawing of a tyre model with some explaining how it went wrong again!

Stop taking the p*** out of us for once devs, honestly. Faithful community paid you extra 12 quid for Westhill and some overhyped stuff about S3 is here, don't even take your wheel off the table, we're rolling out VWS in a few minutes of time. Have you released it?

Have you f***. I was one of those optimistic ones who thought someday you'll make something of that critisicm you've received, but yeah.

I'm off, gonna check it out when you release a new billboard in South CIty to make the cruise community to piss themselves like excited dogs.

"I'm mentally retarded"

Cool story bro
I dont see how obsoleting PBs and Hotlaps could be a bad thing, besides of just

+Look, I got a fast lap on BL1
-k gud

This also happened with the new Westhill, and it wasn't too much of a trouble.
This PB reset thing happened many times, considering that for example Blackwood got plenty of updates throughout its LFS history, and its good to start over once in a while. As LFS can't stay the same forever, they have to improve too, even if it means that PBs should be resetted, or the tyre physics overhaul coming.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :I dont see how obsoleting PBs and Hotlaps could be a bad thing, besides of just

-k gud

This PB reset thing happened many times, considering that for example Blackwood got plenty of updates throughout its LFS history, and its good to start over once in a while. As LFS can't stay the same forever, they have to improve too, even if it means that PBs should be resetted, or the tyre physics overhaul coming.

This ^

EDIT: OffTopic

I see thread: Cleanup : Off topic posts from 0.6G3 thread

Isn't should it be 0.6Q3? heh
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :I dont see how obsoleting PBs and Hotlaps could be a bad thing, besides of just

-k gud

Agreed ghutra.

Perhaps as a legacy, the "Old Blackwood" leaderboards of times and WRs should stay in a archive somewhere. Just as a small farewell to the best track in LFS!1!! Oh wait...

But yeah, a fresh start sounds nice. But then once the new tire physics get released won't BL have to reset its leaderboards, again..?
Personally would have rolled out new Blackwood and tire model together. But hey, anything works.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Agreed ghutra.

Perhaps as a legacy, the "Old Blackwood" leaderboards of times and WRs should stay in a archive somewhere. Just as a small farewell to the best track in LFS!1!! Oh wait...

But yeah, a fresh start sounds nice. But then once the new tire physics get released won't BL have to reset its leaderboards, again..?
Personally would have rolled out new Blackwood and tire model together. But hey, anything works.

Both leaderboards and SETUPS would need to be re-done if tyre physics come out, but hey, carcass simulation is done, and its a great advance for the tyres. Now iirc they are working on sidewall simulation, so there isn't much left. And of course Tyre Physics + VWS would be a great gift for those who knew to be patient, support the devs by either buying the license, cheering them and/or reporting bugs so they can even make it more better!.

-k gud

It wasn't trouble at Westhill because the new WE1 times were faster due to being the shorter version of the track. At Blackwood the times will be slower for BL1 by .7 of a second according to the posts on this page, and for BL2 the times will be a lot slower. So unlike at Westhill, setting new laps will not automatically update PBs from the old version. Remember that for Westhill the PB times weren't reset, just the hotlap boards were.
Quote from pik_d :It wasn't trouble at Westhill because the new WE1 times were faster due to being the shorter version of the track. At Blackwood the times will be slower for BL1 by .7 of a second according to the posts on this page, and for BL2 the times will be a lot slower. So unlike at Westhill, setting new laps will not automatically update PBs from the old version. Remember that for Westhill the PB times weren't reset, just the hotlap boards were.

is it really that big deal? yee, I understand but... hm...

HMMMM... I do sense something, it might not be only Blackwood
It might be nice to have several WR depending on the version Tongue
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :is it really that big deal? yee, I understand but... hm...

HMMMM... I do sense something, it might not be only Blackwood

I feel the same, like 0.7 seconds was too much of a difference.

I done an offline "serious" 4 laps alone, and in those 4 laps I got back on 1:13.90s, and if I keep practicing Im sure I'll get back to my average (1:13.40s-1:13.70s).

That 0.7 secs gaps isn't that noticeable as they think it actually is when people get used to the new track and its killing kerbs and car spinner curbs. And as MicroSpecV mentioned before, the first chicane after T1 is a bit lower now, but chicane right before Sc2 split is 0.5 quicker, which makes it up for the slowing down on the first chicane, doing little to no difference (for me at least).
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But what is the problem of having now slower laptimes?

for example, I would like to try beat WR, doesnt matter on which car at BL1, just not possible anymore ... pointless to even try
I found a small defect, and as if the shadows look more quality would be great

Quote from BADLVBOY :for example, I would like to try beat WR, doesnt matter on which car at BL1, just not possible anymore ... pointless to even try

Problem seems to be current pb's and wr's to be deleted
Problem seems to be about can't break the current world record hotlap due the track is changed. You can't do it anyway on test patch no matter what...

Solution is: Make track 100 meters shorter / Deal with it

If track gets released as in official patch, you get more combos to make new world record, Historic configuration in this case.

As I mentioned, I do understand but... meh, LFS is still on alpha stage and it is stated things can be changed. But I do agree it feels a bit bad all that work being gone for having laptime on board... However, as tire physics / other stuff involved are getting updated, times will get irrelevant anyway.

Other thing is if something on content or something included gets removed. Laptimes are not really removed, they are rather getting reseted. etc... I think you got it already
Invisible object bug
Made a video of it so I don't have to explain with my poor English.

This seems to happen at all configs with all cars.
Attached files
q10_bug.spr - 38.3 KB - 459 views
Even real tracks are rebuilt after many years, where is the problem. A reset of the pb is a welcome change.
PB reset is no problem.

But this.. Hate! Razz
Attached images
lfs_00000017.jpg
The game is getting better that`s so nice.
PB/hotlap deletion : no problem indeed.
Play AC, then when each 3-4 months they change the 'physics' or directly the tire compounds available for some of the cars, your PB/hotlap mean nothing more than nostalgia Big grin . Take a snapshot, and race again !
I only dislike the "willy kerbs" on first chicane and 2nd last corner, but hopefully i can adjust my driving style enough to not flip my car every time Smile

same with rockingham -,-
don't wanna be rude, I just don't like it this way.
Quote from Jedruss :

same with rockingham -,-
don't wanna be rude, I just don't like it this way.

The curbs are like that at rockingham: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUFJ3ZeN1s (used this video as it was made around the time rockingham was released)

I agree, the curbs at Blackwood are a bit to mental but it is just a one off (at the moment at least)
@Jed
Was just about to say, if you had more skill and stayed on the racing line you might find it a little less difficult?
Na kidding, but the kerbs are fine for me. Working around them is what racers do and I love a challenge. But I hate the exit kerbs especially the one after the 6-7 esses and the penultimate corner. They're raised and slippery and I keep throwing away laps because of that. (You're meant to stay on the track I know, but for hotlaps you use the given space).

And dirt pickup... so you would want to delay tire physics even more by complicating the process Rofl
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG