The online racing simulator
Blackwood now looks much more refined. Pleasantly suprised by the new industrial area, tbh.

Thumbs up.
I just wanted to have a quick look on the new Blackwood so I just started LFS on the TV with a gamepad but then I realized that this is too good to not experience it in Oculus.
Eric, I must say that I really like the way you have created the vegetation. When driving at speed trees and bushes look 3D even in Oculus thanks to the smartly placed polygons and great use of textures.
I hope to test some more on the weekend but so far I'm enjoying the new parts very much.
Quote from AnnieC :I just wanted to have a quick look on the new Blackwood so I just started LFS on the TV with a gamepad but then I realized that this is too good to not experience it in Oculus.
Eric, I must say that I really like the way you have created the vegetation. When driving at speed trees and bushes look 3D even in Oculus thanks to the smartly placed polygons and great use of textures.
I hope to test some more on the weekend but so far I'm enjoying the new parts very much.

Can't pass this by, the textures and the way they applied is just great. The whole look is great given how little of the modern features are in use. It is so good that I almost feel worried that by the time we get graphical improvements Eric will be tired to do any more content Smile
if I could ask for some cones forbidding the access to the chicane of GP circuit when using Historic configurations, it would be nice. No need for a big barrier, just few cones Smile

Hello Scawen, I found a tiny little bug when me and a couple team members where taking a picture. One was trying to back up, and in doing so, this happened:

If you look at the 2nd UF1's tire, you can see its in the curb. But seconds later, he went back more:

Looking Looking Looking
PICS 1 and 2: Minor bug/inaccurate alignment on GP Track - hole between concrete and grass textures. It's after the bridge, before the last turn, at the pit entry.

EDIT: PIC 3: also happening before the bridge on the long straight, but it's a smaller inaccuracy.
Attached images
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
Noticed that sound changes when passing these spots. The sound goes extremly loud like you driving in a tunnel or something like this. Pop ups for a second and goes back to normal sound. Theres few more spots with this kind of bug(?) I believe and will post them as soon as I find it. Also talking about the last shot is there any chance this road will be concrete/asphalt?
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
lfs_00000016.jpg
lfs_00000017.jpg
What a brilliant graphical update - I bet everyone will storm back to LFS to try these sausage curbs Smile

Looking forward to a new update, say, a drawing of a tyre model with some explaining how it went wrong again!

Stop taking the p*** out of us for once devs, honestly. Faithful community paid you extra 12 quid for Westhill and some overhyped stuff about S3 is here, don't even take your wheel off the table, we're rolling out VWS in a few minutes of time. Have you released it?

Have you f***. I was one of those optimistic ones who thought someday you'll make something of that critisicm you've received, but yeah.

I'm off, gonna check it out when you release a new billboard in South CIty to make the cruise community to piss themselves like excited dogs.
The bumps seem to be feeding back to the wheel quite heavy. Could you make separate sliders for the feedback that is for steering and the feedback that comes from bumps/kerbs etc?

It would be useful for things like driving late at night and not wanting to wake other people with CLUNK CLUNK.
graphically its a nice improvement but i know that many regular fbm drivers will not like the big wedge of a kerb on the chicane.
Huge difference in lap times due to it
Quote from bishtop :graphically its a nice improvement but i know that many regular fbm drivers will not like the big wedge of a kerb on the chicane.
Huge difference in lap times due to it

1:13s laps on old BL, and 1:14-1:15s laps on new BL.

One thing Im thinking of why the sausage kerbs on the chicanes are there is because they want people to actually drive inside the track, and not literally have the 4 wheels on the curbs.

Literally you can drive off the track on the chicanes and not get an invalid lap (using LFSLazy for example, you will get a notification when you drive off-track, off the bounds, touching grass, etc etc) which LFS ignores when racing unless you do a hotlap. So I think these sausage kerbs are a physical way to see where you should get an invalid lap.

I would rather lower them, but a bit higher than what it is on the actual pre-update Blackwood, as when trying to shortcut that curb would make you slow down, instead of making you go faster.
This looks good, also like new pricing system, together updates to game and gaining new user base should help to re-energize LFS and as LFS runs well even with older computers it should be tempting product for those countries with lower pricing, I truly wish it will work as I think despite mistakes made (they have got also lot of undeserved bad luck), LFS team deserves success.

Wish you all good luck!
Oy vey, I found more misplacements.
One is on the left exiting the chicane, where there is a little road with a gate leading to that back park.
The second one is off-track, left of the tribunes at the end of the straight.
Attached images
2017-01-26 00-42-29.588.jpg
2017-01-26 00-42-41.069.jpg
2017-01-26 00-42-45.579.jpg
found bug with white barier at BL1A

Quote from TexasLTU :What a brilliant graphical update - I bet everyone will storm back to LFS to try these sausage curbs Smile

Looking forward to a new update, say, a drawing of a tyre model with some explaining how it went wrong again!

Stop taking the p*** out of us for once devs, honestly. Faithful community paid you extra 12 quid for Westhill and some overhyped stuff about S3 is here, don't even take your wheel off the table, we're rolling out VWS in a few minutes of time. Have you released it?

Have you f***. I was one of those optimistic ones who thought someday you'll make something of that critisicm you've received, but yeah.

I'm off, gonna check it out when you release a new billboard in South CIty to make the cruise community to piss themselves like excited dogs.

Do you realize how stupid what you just said is? Do you think Scawen, a programmer, is taking time from tire physics to model a track? No, he do his things, and Eric models tracks and cars. Sometimes, he take a bit of time to add a specific editor feature for Eric, but that's it. If you learnt how to read, you'll see that Scawen really worked on the tire physics, and finished the carcass simulation, so it's going well.
Oh and BTW, nobody paid for Westhill, just like Blackwood, it's a free update for all.
Same old discussion.

But I can understand this content refreshment before tire physics update. Logical to select Blackwood also, because demo has it as the one and only track.
Quote from nacim :Do you realize how stupid what you just said is? Do you think Scawen, a programmer, is taking time from tire physics to model a track? No, he do his things, and Eric models tracks and cars. Sometimes, he take a bit of time to add a specific editor feature for Eric, but that's it. If you learnt how to read, you'll see that Scawen really worked on the tire physics, and finished the carcass simulation, so it's going well.
Oh and BTW, nobody paid for Westhill, just like Blackwood, it's a free update for all.

psst... leave him alone, that guy's attitude has always been similar like that... your quote to him will be nothing, so... let's focus on those things which makes us on better mood Smile
Maybe he has a reason to be so bitter since he apparently had to pay for Westhill while everybody else got the update for free. Uhmm Razz
Quote from denis-takumi :...

I found other bug in your video. Something white, close to the grass, disappeared too when the white barrier disappeared.
Just tested, FBM 1:12s are still very much possible.
Comparision video coming out soon
Difference btn Old and New - FBM
EDIT : Yes, I know, editing went fishy and the video cut at the end.
Laptimes were
Old - 1:12.18 23.48 52.56 (sc2 29.10)
New - 1:12.89 23.91 52.97 (sc2 29.05)
(the run to the finish is basically the same)

I wish I could run new Blackwood on my host on lfs.net/hosts. Is it possible to have support for the patch on rented hosts?
Quote from MicroSpecV :
Old - 1:12.18
New - 1:12.89

0.7 per lap is pretty much to be honest
Im wondering if its even more with GTi cars...
Quote from BADLVBOY :0.7 per lap is pretty much to be honest
Im wondering if its even more with GTi cars...

Yeah if you looked at the video above at splits Sc1 is much much behind, purely because the willy kerb on the 3rd chicane ruins the flow. Would be better if it's moved inwards maybe half a tire. Would widen the exit. Surprisingly Sc2 is 0.05 quicker.
Also, exit kerbs are raised, slippery and lethal. Don't know the point in a mainly-demo featured track but it sure makes racing more of a task. Concentration too!
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG