The online racing simulator
Great, now someone thought i'm from Poland, first Lithuanian, then Poland...

Anyway, wouldn't it be possible to just load the necessary texture (or possibly alternate texture for low spec) and geometry for Blackwood track config? You can still drive to the off boundary area of the config before you reach to a certain point where you will be reset to the main track.
I guess its time for new gpu?
Shrug
Quote from neonmateo :I guess its time for new gpu?
Shrug

It can't be replaced, it's soldered into the motherboard. The only interchangeable part is CPU, and RAM.

It's not that i'll be completely gone from LFS, i may be around in older version server and perhaps trying out an even OLDER version of LFS
What about square kerbstones? I see they are same as in new Westhill, and same evil to drive on.

Can it be more rounded in form of physical polygons, but remain 'fake' current 3D model? Or in new tyre phys. they work gently?

I had an onboard graphic card too (soldered to the motherboard) but you can get atleast a low profile graphic card and use it , most motherboards have slots
Quote from pasibrzuch :What about square kerbstones? I see they are same as in new Westhill, and same evil to drive on.

Can it be more rounded in form of physical polygons, but remain 'fake' current 3D model? Or in new tyre phys. they work gently?

Obviously?
Oh i forgot to mention i'm playing on a laptop.
Again, i won't be leaving LFS completely though, i've not been long enough in LFS, started merely a year ago and i only found the joy just 9 months ago.
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
Hello!
I've just noticed, by doing a few laps, that the XFG now understeers slightly more, same setup as my old .6Q; is it a "new" feature or is it a bug? You could take corners at least 10 km/h faster (of course without cutting) in .6Q, now in Q10 the XFG either slides or goes straight ahead. Both times it was tested with no wind on.
Quote from Ailimitidellevoluto :Hello!
I've just noticed, by doing a few laps, that the XFG now understeers slightly more, same setup as my old .6Q; is it a "new" feature or is it a bug? You could take corners at least 10 km/h faster (of course without cutting) in .6Q, now in Q10 the XFG either slides or goes straight ahead. Both times it was tested with no wind on.

Maybe because the track is more bumpy now, that can induce understeers if the setup is too stiff.
Quote from ltras23 :Oh i forgot to mention i'm playing on a laptop.
Again, i won't be leaving LFS completely though, i've not been long enough in LFS, started merely a year ago and i only found the joy just 9 months ago.

You can try switching to virtual mirrors or just disabling them. Also check the reflection options are set to low.
I have to say these new Blackwood curbs made me vegetarian Big grin
Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :Tested, yes I'm getting same false IS_OBH packets when driving over kerbs. They all have 0 index.

Quote from vitaly_m :Ye, Here is what I get, for example:
To reproduce, I just need to drive over BL1 curbs (preferable ones with sausages or turf maybe)

Please could you two and any other programmers discuss this on a new thread I have started:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90432

This actually happens with ALL objects, including concrete bridges etc. So there is too much OBH reporting going on and we need a solution. Thanks.
I also have bad pc e5200 2Gb ram and GeForce 210 1Gb and i can play on low settings with 70-150fps in singleplayer i have even 200fps on some tracks/places but neew blackwood is also don't work so great becouse fps jumping like crazy from 20 to 200 fps depends where i go but i play on resolution 1280x960.

People with low fps try disable visual effects on windows becouse when i don't do this lfs is like lagging.
Attached images
lfsfps.png
Lol jujek we have almost the same pc I just got 1gb ram more and there is no fps lag for me , I got steady 50-70 on blackwood X
Quote from tdilevi :Lol jujek we have almost the same pc I just got 1gb ram more and there is no fps lag for me , I got steady 50-70 on blackwood X

I got same in online with 34 people and open track but i have fps lags when i don't turn off visual effects in windows.
Quote from jujek :I also have bad pc e5200 2Gb ram and GeForce 210 1Gb and i can play on low settings with 70-150fps in singleplayer i have even 200fps on some tracks/places but neew blackwood is also don't work so great becouse fps jumping like crazy from 20 to 200 fps depends where i go but i play on resolution 1280x960.

People with low fps try disable visual effects on windows becouse when i don't do this lfs is like lagging.

Nvidia Setting: try change Power management mode from "Adaptive" to "Maximum Performance" can improve performance in lfs when the GPU is throttling the clock speeds incorrectly.
If i am on top of one of the crates in the Car Park i get a shadow glitch:
Attached images
lfs_00000036.jpg
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :just same thing as on westhill, some tree hitboxes are infinitely tall... hehe

Can you point out some examples of this, maybe just two or three? They shouldn't be infinitely tall. I know that was a problem in the past but for Westhill I wrote some code to limit these "trunk" physics objects to be about the same height as the object. Though it does use the radius of the object's bounding sphere so for trees it is a bit higher than it should be, but should not be infinitely high.
OMG ... did not check the forum yesterday ... and see what happens !!!
Brilliant guys Thumbs up
Very brilliant !!!
incredible !! Love the outside area (the GP and Historic area are superb aswell of course Tongue)
Quote from ltras23 :I found your statement hard to believe...
I'm running on the lowest graphic setting and display as possible. Seems my day is over :/

Try to set Mip Bias to 0
Quote from Scawen :Can you point out some examples of this, maybe just two or three? They shouldn't be infinitely tall. I know that was a problem in the past but for Westhill I wrote some code to limit these "trunk" physics objects to be about the same height as the object. Though it does use the radius of the object's bounding sphere so for trees it is a bit higher than it should be, but should not be infinitely high.

I just give these layouts...

you take off pillars off, try to drive through... you will hit an infinite tall tree,

this happens on Westhill, reported since test patches, but no one have taken the case.

Infinitely high means that set of height what is maximum to put as layout object, but in some cases, it SEEMS to be infinite.

EDIT: there were and still is replays earlier, which happens to have similar things, if you have checked

EDIT: Both on Blackwood and Westhill, there is chance that tree's hitbox is more than 25meters higher than actual tree's height.

Unfortunately, I do not have a layout or replay where you could jump very high, and still got hit by the tree, ofc could have been other bug, but car got slammed away like tornado when collision did happen, possibly a one reason I have mentioned. I had them on laptop, which is now does not exist, as it got completely crashed due the heat. No data survived Frown

EDIT: Yes, I have exploited the map pretty much, due the creativity. It should also not possible that it's hitbox is also on lower than actual tree is, haha, but that is not really relevant, and pretty, pretty pretty low priority to check. The higher priority is what are on higher elevations

EDIT: For k_badam

Quote from k_badam :If i am on top of one of the crates in the Car Park i get a shadow glitch:

https://www.lfs.net/attachment/156242
Attached files
BL1Y_MTDZX_Glitched Flight.lyt - 11.8 KB - 623 views
BL3X_MTDZX_^0Black Death II.lyt - 13 KB - 614 views
BL1X_MTDZX_^7Whitewood.lyt - 10.5 KB - 620 views
I know it's unrelated request,but (I suppose) it's just a tiny small addition.
Since one of the earlier patches admin can now add everyone to grid in server entry screen. That helps gridding in organized events,but there is one small thing - there is no conformation about it,basically some might think that the drivers are joining by themselves and are joining too. Not a problem in higher level leagues with experienced participants,but causes trouble in lower level.
So the suggestion is - add conformation text into chat like "Admin Whatshisname added TheFastGuy to the grid" or similar so everyone knows what's going on. Or other solution - possibility to turn off ability to join for everyone where only admin can add others to grid.
Very good to see this. Blackwood 3. It looks very nice and for the most part I like the changes to the corners/track limits.

Sausage kerbs are very unforgiving. Not really sure about all the out of track area, I would have preferred a satellite second circuit to actually race on, but I know it's for others who use the software for other things.

Keep marching on.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG