The online racing simulator
Hi,
Scawen/Eric, this new Blackwood looks amazing. Looking forward for the new S3 tracks and might a another Track update.
But i have a small suggestion.

Is it possible to unlock The "red" area for the open configuration?

Thanks
Attached images
Track.jpg
Wow, very nice update, thanks for the surprise Scawen and Eric Smile

I found a bug in the occlusion:

Attached images
LFS_2017_01_24_19_06_12_622.jpg
Quote from Bass-Driver :Hi,
Scawen/Eric, this new Blackwood looks amazing. Looking forward for the new S3 tracks and might a another Track update.

Thanks

Maybe also the highway...

Dunno, I am already happy what this new blackwood can now benefit!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Maybe also the highway...

same here, but we (i) want more. xD
Is good patch, very like!

don't like architecture, very bad. Is it brufalist style?
Comparison of map size
0.6q

0.6q10

Attached images
lfs_00000198.jpg
lfs_00000199.jpg
I was trying to find the reason for the anounced incompatible patch, an updated track never crossed my mind...

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :0.6q

0.6q10

The resemblance is uncanny Uhmm
Quote from Bass-Driver :same here, but we (i) want more. xD

But remember. Performance issue might become bigger, if having collisions on every section, like it did happen on Westhill, some people having troubles to have somewhat okay fps...

Dunno, how it is done, but basically this Blackwood is still smaller compared to Huge Westhill... let's see, it is still test patch...

...Yes, there is LOT of people driving off roads, rally and cruise being on top priority... and then there is this method for having as much speed for car as possible, as we live for speed Smile

Then there the regular racers, who seems are not happy those kerbs... in my opinion, they are perfect!

About shortcutting... if need BL1 having some walls or objects to prevent shortcutting, so be it, but please remain on open config as much space as possible Smile
On carpark configuration, we have strange shadow next where we appear.
Quote from Scawen :
...OR ANY NEW CONTENT

If you say so Tilt
It would be hilarious if this whole line appears in the actual tire update because you got so used to copy-pasting this line (as we are of skimming over it) Big grin

Regarding the new curbs, while technically more challenging they are a step backward in terms of safety during race. I am speaking about those three in chicane but it applies to the one in right-hand turn after downhill.
Right now the physics will simply bump the whole car outwards if the curb is caught slightly by side of the tire. It will bump it just enough for two cars driving side-by-side in those areas to touch and the latency will do the rest. If the curb is caught full-on it will slow the car just enough for the one close behind to not be able to respond quickly enough and will hit it. Latency would also make it worse (any contact between two cars for that matter). From my long experience on BL This will happen quite a lot.
There is no real gain or challenge from them. Previously you also had to be very accurate there to get the most out of the corner but without the added risk. If you made a mistake there it would not affect the people around you.
There are reasons why it's not the same as on Rockingham chicane (it works there) but I won't go into it right now. Simply put, the conditions and environment before the two chicanes are vastly different.

What I'd like to see is something similar to what has been there previously but with filled up gap between the curb and that green bump. Mostly to avoid unpredictable physics behavior when side of tire touches curb wall. Maybe Eric made the changes driving on the new but unfinished model (yeah, we remember!), indicating the problem is gone? Exciting thought.

That said, the updates look fantastic. It's my favorite one (BL1) ever since I started demo 10 years ago, with most quirks, (sadly some of them got fixed long time ago, lol) and I am exited to drive the living sheet out of it again!
Small question: is the track map of this new Blackwood going to be updated on LFS Remote after the official patch has been released regardless if the server is using this new Blackwood or the old Blackwood at the moment? Or is it already released on this test patch and it can be displayed, but only if the server is using a new Blackwood as a track?

All servers which are connected to LFS Remote and are using Blackwood as a track are displaying the old Blackwood as a track map, but I'm assuming that they all are still using the old Blackwood.
Hm interesting
less go drifting hm bby
Personally I like those new curbs, I agree with anything that prevent people from literally cutting the first chicane to gain in lap time.
There's something wrong with my roof Big grin
Attached images
lfs_00000002.png
So is it official - LFS has resurrected? One huge change per year and we're fine? Big grin
can you rent those containers, i need some room, thanks
Omg this update was so nice! I wanna thank you on the behalf of the drifting community. 30 pluss people on server all night and old members i havent seen in years coming back! Adjustable boost on xrt now to atleast 320ish hp and we will have problems running enough server for all the people lol. Awesome work guys!
where are boat at harbor ??

can be use at tronsport car at boat in sea ?? or what it is???? Confused Confused Confused

maybe in s4 it will can ? Smile

and is real sweet ubdate in eyes it view as 2018 grapfiti now!!! Thumbs up
I think new cars are hidden in containers????

IS IT OR NO
Woah, nice one devs, took me an hour to visit the new drivables area of blackwood, nice work, I smell the load of funny open layout coming Big grin

Anyway,

Quote from Bass-Driver :Hi,

Thanks

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Maybe also the highway...

Agree with you guys, on that point, my only disappointment is that many roads near the track are still inaccessibles, unlike Westhill, wouldn't it be better to "open" them? Smile
I have yet to try out this patch, but would like to thank you for the little surprise track update Smile looking good on screenshots.
*Sees this at the beginning of the day, and now has to wait until after work to play*

*screams internally*
Feels spot on! Blackwood is amazing. The textures and pitted years of abuse make the track feel very realistic. The 45 degrees angle really make for some beautiful drifting, and all in all we are very excited to see what else is in store for LFS!

MAKE LFS GREAT AGAIN! Scawen2017
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG