The online racing simulator
What is your MBTI type? - Personality Test
(23 posts, started )
Quote from Forbin :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator#Criticism

I know this, especially with MBTI. However, I've looked into cognitive functions behind MBTI system and I'm pretty confident there's some truth in them.

MBTI is comparable to astrology since it relies on stereotypes and that letter code itself is garbage. However, if you google cognitive functions behind each MBTI type, you start finding the interesting and IMO, more accurate stuff. Jung's cognitive functions are all about cognitive behaviour. Of course that isn't scientifically valid either but I'm sure it's at least something.

The reason why I didn't mention about Jungian cognitive functions in the opening post is because that basic MBTI is so much easier to understand and you can find your correct typing with it.

Although I'm still questioning whether I'm actually an ENTP, which sounds quite funny because I'm scoring 95% introvertness in 16personalities.com test. But INTP and ENTP are really similar, only difference is that ENTP has Extroverted Intuition as their dominant function and Introverted Thinking as their 2nd function while INTP has them other way around.
adventurer (isfp-t)

edit: damn!

It is very accurate, but not directly... still very accurate, because it is so accurate it does not actually need to be directly.
MEDIATOR (INFP-A)
''No one can stop you from dreaming!''
Just try to stop me from achieving my dreams..I dare you.. Smile
#7 - Racon
I don't accept all of MBTI, but I'm extremely INTJ. None of this degrees-of-a-scale malarky for me, I'm right at the extreme end of each, lol Smile
Virtuoso
Well that didn't work. When finished, I got a flashing red banner that said:

"Seek help immediately"
Defender (ISFJ-A)
Mediator (INFP-t)

Every test tells the same. I know myself. I hate that thoguh

That's why I find it so hard to finish a long race lol Big grin
ISTJ-A (boring). What does the A mean?
-
(Intrepid) DELETED by Intrepid
(INFJ, -A/-T) Advocate personality type.
Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the Architect personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, Architects will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

That's what it told me. Smile

I'm clearly officially an arsehole according to this. Omg omg omg

But right.... Thumbs up

"Architects trust their rationalism above all else, so when they come to a conclusion, they have no reason to doubt their findings. This creates an honest, direct style of communication that isn’t held back by perceived social roles or expectations. When Architects are right, they’re right, and no amount of politicking or hand-holding is going to change that fact – whether it’s correcting a person, a process, or themselves, they’d have it no other way."
Quote from Hyperactive :ISTJ-A (boring). What does the A mean?

A is for Assertive and T for Turbulent. They aren't part of the MBTI but it's basically telling you if you're more assertive or turbulent. I'm INTP-T (iirc) but I don't really care about it because it has nothing to do with original Jungian theory.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the Architect personality type – everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, Architects will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Harlan Ellison

That's what it told me. Smile

I'm clearly officially an arsehole according to this. Omg omg omg

But right.... Thumbs up

"Architects trust their rationalism above all else, so when they come to a conclusion, they have no reason to doubt their findings. This creates an honest, direct style of communication that isn’t held back by perceived social roles or expectations. When Architects are right, they’re right, and no amount of politicking or hand-holding is going to change that fact – whether it’s correcting a person, a process, or themselves, they’d have it no other way."

Don't get me started about architects. Most I run across seem to be over educated mentally challenged types with a very fragile ego and a complete lacking of common sense.
I took that goofy test. It said I was a "logician" INTP-A. Did they make that word up?
Yeah. I agree with Forbin - Barnum effect. Some of the questions were so vague or completely unrelated so that I could've picked any position on the scale.
Oh well. Things like this are for entertainment not for a critical analysis and assessment.
Quote from Racer Y :Don't get me started about architects. Most I run across seem to be over educated mentally challenged types with a very fragile ego and a complete lacking of common sense.
I took that goofy test. It said I was a "logician" INTP-A. Did they make that word up?
Yeah. I agree with Forbin - Barnum effect. Some of the questions were so vague or completely unrelated so that I could've picked any position on the scale.
Oh well. Things like this are for entertainment not for a critical analysis and assessment.

If you're unsure about your type, this test is probably more accurate. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Some people say this is like astrology and you kinda relate to everything but for me INTP is so spot on. I couldn't think of being any other type, it's just so accurate and it even explains why I've behaved like that my whole life.

This one's pretty good too: http://jupiter-34.appspot.com

Got 90% INTP.
Well the whole thing reads like a fbi criminal profiling thing. Throw enough generic adjectives towards the test taker and then because some of it kinda matches it all sounds like it fits. Agreed with forbin 100%. It is kinda nice test to do just for the lols though.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well the whole thing reads like a fbi criminal profiling thing. Throw enough generic adjectives towards the test taker and then because some of it kinda matches it all sounds like it fits. Agreed with forbin 100%. It is kinda nice test to do just for the lols though.

Questions aren't the main thing. They are there to help you to find out your cognitive behaviour. Online tests are never accurate, but it's possible to find the right type from them.

Quote :If you used an online test of any sort to determine your personality type, it is recommended that you become educated in Jungian Cognitive Functions. The following resource is a very all-encompassing outline of the system and describes the difference between the generalizations perpetuated by MBTI and the more systematic approach cognitive functions take in categorizing people in the way they think:
Descriptions of Cognitive Functions From Various Sources

MBTI is akin to horoscope, while Jungian Cognitive Functions (often incorrectly referred to as "MBTI") categorizes people according to their intrinsic differences in cognitive attitudes.

People behave differently and the cognitive functions are there for trying to explain our behaviour. They might not be perfect and it's impossible to put all the people in the world in just 16 different groups, but I'm sure there's some truth in the system.

For example, I just can't identify with Extroverted Thinking (Te). I'm never organized, making plans or schedules for different things. It's so clear that my behaviour is strongly using Introverted Thinking (Ti). I'm usually thinking in my own head without caring about outside things and I procrastinate A LOT. Basically, Te is focused on the external world while Ti is focused on inner world (your own mind).

I'd like to compare Extroverted Intuition (Ne) and Extroverted Seinsing (Se) but it's hard because I'm not supposed to have Se so I don't know how Se-users behave. But anyway, my Ne works as a constant source for different possibilities, ideas, "what ifs?", etc. I'm always interested in new stuff and plans (like travelling to somewhere or doing something) and I'm constantly trying to find/study something new which I thought was exciting.

Don't get me wrong, I see some inconsistencies in the system and I just can't believe everything in it. But so far it's been really accurate description for different people's behaviour, including my own.
My closest match is INTJ at 63%. Proud of it.
VIRTUOSO PERSONALITY (ISTP-T)

96% match.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG