The online racing simulator
Do different tire manufacturers change in performance?
Does the different brands of tires change performance? For example in adhesion, wear, the tire heating, changes in something, or only changes in the same style?
No. What you have in LFS is only one tyre model. The stickers are just stickers. They don't change anything.
My teammate said that Cromo is best for single seaters and Evostar makes best street tires.

Nothing beats Michelin slick tires for endurance.
#4 - nacim
Quote from TypeRacing :My teammate said that Cromo is best for single seaters and Evostar makes best street tires.

Nothing beats Michelin slick tires for endurance.

In real life maybe, but not in LFS. There is absolutely no different appart from the texture used (technically, the texture is also the same, but offsetted, since all tires manufacturers are on a single texture).
Ye in LFS it just prints Smile
Quote from nacim :In real life maybe, but not in LFS. There is absolutely no different appart from the texture used (technically, the texture is also the same, but offsetted, since all tires manufacturers are on a single texture).

Well it makes difference in your brain. You change driving style as soon as you change tire brand.
Quote from TypeRacing :Well it makes difference in your brain. You change driving style as soon as you change tire brand.

e.e no just no, I've tried all of them and boom, no difference, like nacim said in REAL LIFE it would make a difference but little in terms of the rubber quality (grip & traction) + pattern.

I.E. It could literally have a sticker called "banana" and would still handle the same as the michelin one in LFS ofc because both has same pattern + grip & traction.

For now its just about personal preference Shrug, I usually use cromo-plain I find the rest a bit too flashy. Looking. Also the street tyre's logo its just drawn from its rubber, looks better that way while the racing tyres are colorfull lulz
Quote from nacim :There is absolutely no different appart from the texture used

Quote from Daniel564 :e.e no just no, I've tried all of them and boom, no difference

Come on,guys,look at his avatar. How can you even consider his posts being serious? Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :Come on,guys,look at his avatar. How can you even consider his posts being serious? Big grin

Its the way they talk, my pic isn't related with racing also and I know the least xD
As a avid FBM racer I can say that for the first few hundred races changing tire brands to a preferred one of your choice does have a placebo effect. Like "ooh bridgestones make me corner faster then some cromos".

But once you are qualified and raced enough you'll soon understand that tire branding in LFS is just a texture and basically brand exposure and all have the same properties. So basically hey, your Bridgestones are really just rebranded Cromo tires, and they don't actually make you go faster.

Hope this helps, because I certainly was drawned into the placebo until I realised 1:12s are all the same for every tire :lol:

Cheers
So far in this thread all avatars look a bit suspicious to me... maybe except kid222, that's some serious racing car... but rest of it.. hm hm hm.. Wink (trolling) (edit: MicroSpecV ... hey, that was slot for my post, why are you overtaking me, one speeding ticket for you sir)
Every tire has same effect when you are upsidedown.
Quote from TypeRacing :Well it makes difference in your brain. You change driving style as soon as you change tire brand.

Good thing LFS doesn't have Pirellis.

On a more serious note I do wonder what an endurance championship would be like with different tyre manufacturers aswell as different car modelsUhmm I mean, even in real life this has become a rarity!
Brigdstone has best grip Thumbs up
Jokes aside,those are just stickers.. Everything is the same.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Good thing LFS doesn't have Pirellis.

On a more serious note I do wonder what an endurance championship would be like with different tyre manufacturers aswell as different car modelsUhmm I mean, even in real life this has become a rarity!

True, maybe one manufacturer can be quicker but wears quicker, the other slower to gain pace but handles longer distances better.
And if dynamic time is introduced (no, not weather like rain; just day-night cycle), the changing temperatures will also make Endurance races like the recent Desire of Passion 2017 Tour much more interesting - runners with tire A will run quicker and consistant in the day but slower at night when the temperatures are lower, and vice versa for tire B, C etc.

Still a long way to go in development, still Rofl

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG