The online racing simulator
Quote from felplacerad :Nice! (Race starts at 1:02:35).

Question: Was the game hosted on a remote server rather than on a LAN? And/or is that really 6 PPS? The car positions are not updated very smoothly (see Joni pass through the chicane here, for example).

I don't know where it is physically located but it is normal remote host in the sense it can be found in the server list under Master server. Commentators were saying there was network connection problems during the qualification and I guess they could not remove the problems totally for the race.
How did you find out about this show?
And those races where they had the drivers in cockpits in the studio were the qualifying rounds, and for the final race the players were driving from home over internet?
Quote from Gutholz :How did you find out about this show?
And those races where they had the drivers in cockpits in the studio were the qualifying rounds, and for the final race the players were driving from home over internet?

Advertising was not the strongest point of organising group. I guess it was just accidently noticed by me and Joni.
What comes to actual series it was the whole series i.e all races before final one which were run remotely. So the final race was the only one physically raced in promoters premises using those cockpits which can be seen in stream.

Sorry about typos. Driving on A7 and typing in a Restplatz with a small tablet
Realisim was something short (start last year if im not wrong)and from old LFS player. we have here some videos on Facebook with Pawel Trela pro driver in rally and drift (real life), using LFS,talking about it.another surprise was Realisim put one guy drifting 9 month on LFS and later give a chance to use LFS skills in a real car.i think was interesting to see, so i decide put links here. enjoy

Facebook: www.facebook.com/realisim/?fref=ts
Realisim website: www.realisim.net/
First run after 9 month on LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUi4F_ef3E&t=38s
Pawel Trela talking about LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnPTckFbBo
Quote from Abone :Realisim was something short (start last year if im not wrong)and from old LFS player. we have here some videos on Facebook with Pawel Trela pro driver in rally and drift (real life), using LFS,talking about it.another surprise was Realisim put one guy drifting 9 month on LFS and later give a chance to use LFS skills in a real car.i think was interesting to see, so i decide put links here. enjoy

Facebook: www.facebook.com/realisim/?fref=ts
Realisim website: www.realisim.net/
First run after 9 month on LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUi4F_ef3E&t=38s
Pawel Trela talking about LFS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnPTckFbBo

That's pretty awesome Big grin
Ok
Kewl! (why wouldn't it fit here?Smile
Quote from Gutholz :Are those logitech momo attached to something else?

Yes, I'm trying to find out what wheel base they use for Logitech MOMO Racing rim.

"LFS achieves a level of body presence that is a step above all other driving sims" - Finally, a reviewer that puts simulation quality above graphical bling when evaluating a simulator.
That is a nice review ! Glad to see article like this about LFS Thumbs up , hope Scavier's motivation goes even upper Smile
Thanks, it was good to watch an experienced sim racer have his first LFS race. Thumbs up
Love that channel! Big grin
Terrible graphics settings he uses. For such an experienced racer I expected better, what do novice people do?

LFS never looks that appealing like this. Especially the sprite flickering of the light poles, the bad AA on the wings of the cars and track edges are all very distracting.. In my opinion. But I scrolled through the comments and it seems I am the only one who notices all this? :shocked:
Quote from cargame.nl :Terrible graphics settings he uses. For such an experienced racer I expected better, what do novice people do?

LFS never looks that appealing like this. Especially the sprite flickering of the light poles, the bad AA on the wings of the cars and track edges are all very distracting.. In my opinion. But I scrolled through the comments and it seems I am the only one who notices all this? :shocked:

Dunno what u talk about but i never seen a guy having so much funn with AIOmg omg omg
Because it's all show, it generates more subscribers and likes if you are all beefed up and cheery about everything...
Quote from cargame.nl :

Looks like you are the only smart guy in world, You find defects in any place, peace out bro
Quote from cargame.nl :the bad AA on the wings of the cars and track edges are all very distracting

AA in LFS has never worked for me, using 8xAA has a similar effect to 2xAA in every other game and I'm confused as to why it can only be used in full screen.

Anyways, he's an experienced sim-racer, not an advanced computer user. I'm willing to be he was using the game's default graphics settings.
Here's a comparison:
vanilla LFS
screenshot from his video
split screen

There is something odd about it indeed, as if it was scaled up (even though it's uploaded as 1080p), also the colours/contrast have been altered for some reason..
Attached images
LFS_comparison.jpg
LFS_original.jpg
LFS_video.jpg
Yeah, I doubt it has to do about Post Processing Shader, PPS

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG