The online racing simulator
*FINISHED* I will sponsor demo to S1 or S1 to S2 upgrade *FINISHED*
Hello,

3 years ago i've got S1 license sponsored by GAVD999 in this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... -to-S2-license-upgrade%29, and because now i have well-paid job, and i've bought myself S3 yesterday, i want to "pay back my debt", as i decided to do 3 years ago.

So to make it quick, here are the "rules".
  • Only demo or S1 players can apply, that's because i want to give someone as much content as it is possible, so that person can be motivated to play, same as i was when i received my S1.
  • To apply, just write here that you want to join this.
  • Any new made accounts, or accounts with very low distance travelled will not be entered.
This is very spontaneous action, and im really bad in organizing anything, so please forgive me any issuesSmile
Let's say that you have one week to join, then i will choose the (hopefully) happy winner, but i still don't know how i will do it. It will be some random draw, or i will give it to someone who, in my opinion, deserve it most

Cheers Anici Smile
I want
Quote from Razor1373 :Hello,

3 years ago i've got S1 license sponsored by GAVD999 in this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... -to-S2-license-upgrade%29, and because now i have well-paid job, and i've bought myself S3 yesterday, i want to "pay back my debt", as i decided to do 3 years ago.

So to make it quick, here are the "rules".
  • Only demo or S1 players can apply, that's because i want to give someone as much content as it is possible, so that person can be motivated to play, same as i was when i received my S1.
  • To apply, just write here that you want to join this.
  • Any new made accounts, or accounts with very low distance travelled will not be entered.
This is very spontaneous action, and im really bad in organizing anything, so please forgive me any issuesSmile
Let's say that you have one week to join, then i will choose the (hopefully) happy winner, but i still don't know how i will do it. It will be some random draw, or i will give it to someone who, in my opinion, deserve it most

Cheers Anici Smile

Nice action btw I like it Thumbs up
Hey Razor!
Top man, would have done that in the future if I had the chance to.Not able to do it now, heh.

Would like to participate in this because, hey, why not? Smile Financing studies in a high cost country doesn't really leave much left for a licence haha
Good rep, >30000 mi, and yeah all the other stuff!
Finished over 2000 races, demo is kinda wearing on me, haha

Looking forward to the outcome mate! Definitely love to see the community supporting each other.
I'd like to participate too. I'm a student and financing studies isn't cheap like MicroSpec said above.

My travelled distance is 31138 Km right now and I've finished 1048 races, but I'd definitely like to try S2 tracks and cars as wellSmile

Looking forward to the results!

E: got an S1 voucher from @teppari so I'm signing up for the S2 voucher
I'd like to participate
-
I'd like to participate (Matuu01) DELETED by Matuu01
-
(Matuu01) DELETED by Matuu01
I want Big grin
I am not in,

but I am happy to see this kind offer. I just hope you will choose someone who will deserve it.
Quote from Spiiiky :I am not in,

but I am happy to see this kind offer. I just hope you will choose someone who will deserve it.

I still don't know how i will choose a winner, but right know there's like 60% of me wanting to choose the one who deserve most, and 40% random draw. But it's not easy, driver with best stats isn't necessarily the most deserving. Choosing between good drivers isn't easy, especially when every of them deserves s2, and i can give only one voucher. Btw. I can already see a few drivers, that deserves to get license, and how to choose who it will be, it's harder than i thought.
Quote from Razor1373 :I still don't know how i will choose a winner, but right know there's like 60% of me wanting to choose the one who deserve most, and 40% random draw. But it's not easy, driver with best stats isn't necessarily the most deserving. Choosing between good drivers isn't easy, especially when every of them deserves s2, and i can give only one voucher. Btw. I can already see a few drivers, that deserves to get license, and how to choose who it will be, it's harder than i thought.

No pressure dude, just take your time.
Quote from Razor1373 :I still don't know how i will choose a winner, but right know there's like 60% of me wanting to choose the one who deserve most, and 40% random draw. But it's not easy, driver with best stats isn't necessarily the most deserving. Choosing between good drivers isn't easy, especially when every of them deserves s2, and i can give only one voucher.

It doesn't matter,who ever gets it Im pretty sure it will be in good hands!
Right choice is to do it by random. As you said : "Driver with best stats,isn't necessarily the most deserving.".
But there are people who are greedy and someone could apply to this by their demo account, but they already have licence.
What you can do,karma will get them.

Again,thanks for your time and effort.
Quote from Razor1373 :how to choose who it will be, it's harder than i thought.

Race with them on demo, on a new, anonymous demo account. You'll soon know Wink
Quote from Racon :Race with them on demo, on a new, anonymous demo account. You'll soon know Wink

That's good idea, but i was driving on demo since like last 7 years xD Got my S3 3 or 4 days ago? So you know, im so hyped about all that content that is new for me, demo would not be satisfying Smile. And most of ppl which i remember from demo including some really good friends, already have a license. But anyway, i might try that solution during some spare time. Friday is free of work, so it will be easier. It's a pity that i didn't played lfs during last months, and i don't remember any promising demo player. Or maybe i do, but i don't know he/she is on demo Tongue
Count me in Razor Smile
Razor1373 are you Razor1911's brother? Cool
Kappa
Quote from BeNoM :Razor1373 are you Razor1911's brother? Cool

Nah, im his secret boyfriend Heart, but don't tell anyone Taped Shut.
And for real, im not Razor, im Anici, this is my first lfs account created when i was about 14, and i played also NFS back then (there was a guy named Razor in the old Most Wanted, if im not mistaken) Thumbs up
Quote from Razor1373 :That's good idea, but i was driving on demo since like last 7 years xD Got my S3 3 or 4 days ago? So you know, im so hyped about all that content that is new for me, demo would not be satisfying Smile.

Ahh yes, now I remember you were S1 when we were kicking around on Lucaf's server - you said you'd upgrade if he held one of his marathon races on an S2 combo. How're you liking the GTRs? And Westhill? Thumbs up
That's a nice gesture. I also won my S2 licence in competition back in 2010,when I had low to none income. Since then I moved to other country,have a decently paid job and meanwhile have "paid the debt" back to community by organizing demo league with S2 as a prize twice. Unfortunatelly the interest was low (I mean - 6 guys in 4 round tournament,that's barely a competition),so I gave up to carry on the league,but as a result there are 2 more licenced drivers. Also I'm trying to increase interest in my licenced leagues by offering free S2-to-S3 upgrade for the best S2 licenced racer,currently only 2 candidates have signed up...
Take your time to make a good decision, Razor! Don't rush anything. Still a long way to go! Smile
Quote from Racon :How're you liking the GTRs? And Westhill? Thumbs up

Well, i have played for only 2 evenings with s2/s3 content, but i can say Westhill graphically is like one league above other tracks, same as Rockingham plus on RO you can really tell that the surface is a lot more detailed. And about GTRs: i've tried only FXR on SO4, it felt amazing, i like tight corners, i like AWD (but i don't have much expierience with it). Well FXR might even fit my style, but i was 3 seconds off the pace anyway Big grin. I hope that i will find some time to practice before AWS Thumbs up.

@Eclipsed
It's really nice from you, and it's a shame that the interest is so low. Well, if i would know about your league when i was demo, i would join for sure. I always wanted two things in lfs: 1. Have a license, 2. Compete in leagues Big grin. Unfortunately there was always so low amount of demo leagues, that i thought there was none of them, so i wasn't even looking for them. But anyway, it's great that you are helping others getting lincenses, even despite the fact that the interest is low Thumbs up

About low interest on demo leagues, i can only say what i think from my own expierience (was demo player for couple of years). IMO most of demo players doesn't feel as a part of community, so they're not comming to forum, so they simply don't know about demo leagues, if there is any. The second thing is that it rarely happens that someone organise demo league, so demo players aren't even looking for them, because they doubt they'll find any.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Take your time to make a good decision, Razor! Don't rush anything. Still a long way to go! Smile

i'll not rush, im only little bit worried if i will find time to choose someone, but if i will not have much time, then i'll just do the draw, and it might be the best option, because everyone will have equal chances Smile
Quote from Razor1373 :
i'll not rush, im only little bit worried if i will find time to choose someone, but if i will not have much time, then i'll just do the draw, and it might be the best option, because everyone will have equal chances Smile

Draw does indeed sound better IMO, but that's up to you decide Smile
Razor, as said, very kind of you to pay it forward and I'm sure you'll find a fitting candidate.

I know way back when me, SilverRacer and a few others put the vouchers up we where always unsure if they would get used at all or hopefully go to someone who would actually use them over a longish term and upgrade themselves. So it is great to see you still racing!

Good on you for doing it pal.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG