The online racing simulator
BL1X EbolaDrome GT layout
(9 posts, started )
I've recreated the Grand Tour 'EbolaDrome' track for LFS, as close to 1:1 scale as I could, considering there's no real details anywhere, and measuring small distances on Google maps is difficult.

Layout is the 'unexploded bomb' version, where double chicane added, leading to 'old ladies house'.

Due to limitation in LFS autocross size (both autox areas are far too small for this layout), I've had to build the track layout in the air - so this is another skytrack. The track length is approx 2.375 metres / 1.48 miles long.

Also, due to lack of autocross objects (currently 1,800), large parts of the track have nothing at sides to stop you falling off. This has unintended consequence that means that you have to be more exact in your driving to get round some of the turns - no bad thing in my view, as a lot of drivers use barriers as bumpers to help to get round corners quickly. Does mean that getting a clean lap will be very frustrating!

Certain corners that are likely to be targets for 'cutting' have been sown with autocross 'restricted area' circles, so best to stay within track white lines - especially at start, where there's a left kink. There are also 'route checker' circles placed around track to make sure you drive correct route.

I've made a video of a standing start lap in a RB4 - driven slowly as I kept falling off the track when trying to video me driving fast ...

Overhead shot of track layout HERE

Start/Finish line HERE

Not straight / Your name here corners HERE

This layout will be loaded onto one of my Sin'rs servers once I get my lapper InSim working with the layout.
Attached images
BL1X EbolaDrome GT.jpg
BL1X EbolaDrome GT Start Finish Line.jpg
BL1X EbolaDrome GT Your Name Here corner.jpg
Would not be a problem is no side barriers at all.
Looks amazing!
Layout now loaded onto my 'Sin'rs EbolaDrome GT Layout' Server.
Very nice layout Thumbs up.
Nice to see you back in LFS.
Only just found my old Microsoft Sidewinder wheel to replace my faulty G25, so can now drive my layouts again Smile
So, less than a week, and times have been set for each car.

Best times, and top Drift scores...

Attached images
EbolaDrome Top Times and Drifts 5Dec2016.jpg
Best Times and Drift Scores after 100th recorded lap ....

Attached images
Top 100 Best Times and Top Drift Scores as at 14 Dec 2016.jpg
interesting!

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG