The online racing simulator
center deadzone = unplayable
hello! I need some help with a new wheel.

just got a cheap wheel. cant afford anything more. its a P&D TransWheel by "Fly Eagle". got it off ebay first hand. Its probably made by some company in China. Pedals work perfectly only if throttle n brake axis are combined. the OEM driver hasnt got any calibration software. i cant use logitech drivers right? (the calibration n profiling software could solve this...i think)

it can only turn 180 degrees. got a major deadzone in the center, and at half the limits. means that LFS only recieves input after i turn the wheel 5 to 45 degrees. (instead of 0 to 90 degrees). this is also apparent in the windows control panel. i'm running winXP, so modifying the [default deadzone] wouldnt be permanent right? even if i wanted to try it i would know where this parameter is located. system.ini?

what can i do? already downloaded DXTweak2. dont quite understand the readme file. should i try using a negative minimum value, or make the center value closer to the max value? hope that makes sense.

can someone be kind enough to give me some pointers? thnx.

Peace,Love n Blessings,
Jus
hello! I need some help with a new wheel. also posted this in the TechnicalAssistance section cos i'm not where this should go.

just got a cheap wheel. cant afford anything more. its a P&D TransWheel by "Fly Eagle". got it off ebay first hand. Its probably made by some company in China. Pedals work perfectly only if throttle n brake axis are combined. the OEM driver hasnt got any calibration software. i cant use logitech drivers right? (the calibration n profiling software could solve this...i think)

it can only turn 180 degrees. got a major deadzone in the center, and at half the limits. means that LFS only recieves input after i turn the wheel 5 to 45 degrees. (instead of 0 to 90 degrees). this is also apparent in the windows control panel. i'm running winXP, so modifying the [default deadzone] wouldnt be permanent right? even if i wanted to try it i would know where this parameter is located. system.ini?

what can i do? already downloaded DXTweak2. dont quite understand the readme file. should i try using a negative minimum value, or make the center value closer to the max value? hope that makes sense.

Peace,Love n Blessings,
Jus
Who the hell is P&D???

is your wheel limited to 180 degrees or does it go to 270?

if its limited to 180, just use the dead zone settings in LFS and that should solve it for you. just shut them off or make them very small. also twords the top of the controls page of w/e theres an option that let you adjust how far you want it to be recognized.

if its 270 idk. ive never had a 270 degree wheel for the PC i have a DFP that i used to use until i got my Logitech G25, the holy grail of wheels, and those are both 900deg. to fix that you use the windows profiler and set it to whatever setting you want within your parameters. and then fine tune it in LFS with the dead zones ive never had anythinl less than 900. so idk if windows lets you F with that or not.

thats all i can think of. hope that helps

Jeff
deadzone
the wheel is limited to 180, not 270. in LFS i've already set it to 180, and the "remove deadzone" option is set to YES.

any ideas? since the condition is prevalent in windows controlpanel as well, its likely a driver/hardware problem? can DXTweak2 help?

Peace,Love n Blessings,
Jus
Quote from jusho67 :hello! I need some help with a new wheel. also posted this in the TechnicalAssistance section cos i'm not where this should go.

Peace,Love n Blessings,
Jus

oh dear, why buy such a wheel? is it really THAT cheap?

You could've chosen the Wingman FF GP, its a real cheap wheel (if you can afford slightly more, go for Momo Racing) and it has none of the issues above and you can apply the logitech software with it.
None of the websites i found were helpful... thats the firs time ive never seen anything like it

the websites looked like they were from the middle east or russia?

is this it?

http://www.pristavki.com.ua/pr ... s/pd_trans_wheel_x400.jpg

did they give you a booklet? anything with a website? phone #?

A assume if it came with a disk with drivers you tried those?

My old DFP wheel that i used to use in nascar 05' had a similar problem. but there was nothing i could do because it was a console game. some games don't support certain wheels. seeing that that wheel is "one of a kind" or so it seems this game may not support it. it was and is being made by 3 geeks in a garage as i like to say.

but then again it could be a super easy fix we're over looking.

double check everything. see if you missed something.
just curious how much did u pay for the wheel? (PMs ok)
Quote from Jeff_117 :
is this it?
http://www.pristavki.com.ua/pr ... s/pd_trans_wheel_x400.jpg

+LOL+ I bought one of these from E-bay about 12 months ago. $70 AUD. It has a crappy centre zone. The mechanism is just really low quality. You dont get any mesurement until you hit about 5 degrees. Makes it hard to use. You can feel how sloppy it is at centre zone. I couldn't fix it with software seeing that its the actual hardware letting me down. This wheel has digital peddles as well. LOL. Unless you hit the on-wheel MODE switch to enable Analog peddles. Unfortunately, when you do this some of the other wheel buttons loose thier function, meaning you loose about half of the buttons when you select analog peddle mode. The hand brake is mapped to the brake peddle which makes the handbrake practically useless.illepall
A real bargin this wheel was. Ah well - live and learn.

edit: re-examination of the wheel shows it has gathered ALOT of dust
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
how unfortunate
aww...too bad. guess thats what u get with a thin wallet. thanx for your input guys. i'll try to open it up and see if i can mod it. some day.

Peace,Love n Blessings,
Jus
if moding it doesn't help get a DFP or an MOMO wheel they are both great setups from Logitech.
LOL, I have the same steering wheel, with the SAME problem. I should buy a new one? or open this for try to repair it?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG