The online racing simulator
Manually editing turbo-boost / turbo-pressure
Hey mates!
Why is there no option to edit the turbo-boost in the car setup menu?
It would be awesome to have to drive more strategically (At a higher turbo boost you would need to keep the engine temperature in mind while applying throttle).
It would also get rid of the need of a third party tweak program.

Who else is waiting for something like that?Did I Say That?
The LFS philosophy seems to involve making all car performance options more a matter of personal preference rather than an outright upgrade. Granted, while power delivery character can be a matter of preference as well, the devs seem interested in maintaining the idea that, given equal cars, equal gearing, and sufficient grip, you should be able to accelerate equally as fast as someone else.
Quote from Forbin :The LFS philosophy seems to involve making all car performance options more a matter of personal preference rather than an outright upgrade. Granted, while power delivery character can be a matter of preference as well, the devs seem interested in maintaining the idea that, given equal cars, equal gearing, and sufficient grip, you should be able to accelerate equally as fast as someone else.

I do also like the idea, but also different car racing.

It is good as it is now
#4 - BeNoM
Quote from kratzeni :Hey mates!
Why is there no option to edit the turbo-boost in the car setup menu?
It would be awesome to have to drive more strategically (At a higher turbo boost you would need to keep the engine temperature in mind while applying throttle).
It would also get rid of the need of a third party tweak program.

Who else is waiting for something like that?Did I Say That?

You can do that with tweaks Thumbs up
-
(Doublestemcell) DELETED by Scawen
What I would prefer instead is that tweak servers allow for different engine settings for each clients cars so you don't get the jumping about when the cars get too different.
There's no good simulation of turbo/engine thermal load and damage yet. They'll have to implement that first before the strategy comes into play.
Yes like the idea!!
Quote from davidboek :Yes like the idea!!

Demo cars don't have turbo. Don't understand, why you like it?
--
Plus that would be bad for new players.
They'll ask for setups, smart ones will send setups with low turbo pressure.
Or you just want your turbo to work at 5 bars, etc. sounds like legal tweak in race servers.
Don't see whats the point of this? Feel more car engineer or something?
If people can give setups with low turbo pressure to trick new players, they can sabotage the setup in many other ways as well.

And why exactly are they worried about such inexperienced new players posing threat to them?

Manually editing turbo-boost / turbo-pressure
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG