The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
2 issues

A) When i open second LFS , i lost the ffb on first game , and dont have ffb until i restart it. Is this normal? Im missing any setting?

B) Talking about graphics , MRT is missing some , as you can see at the image below , the rear light in shadows seems to not be atached anywere Smile
Spoiler - click to reveal
-
(borja_s13) DELETED by borja_s13 : Double post
Quote from borja_s13 :2 issues

A) When i open second LFS , i lost the ffb on first game , and dont have ffb until i restart it. Is this normal? Im missing any setting

"SHIFT+C - Reinitialize Controllers" should probably do the trick. Check out the LFS manual for more http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Main_Page
Noticed two things:

1. Drivers head movement animation, like tilt, is off in the middle mirror - LX cars.

2. Not mirror related, in F08 rear view (R button) is totally black. Dunno if it was like that before.
Nice patch.

I noticed that the driver helmet is not aligned if you move a bit your view. Or totally gone if you take an extreme angle (custom view).
On the topic of adjustable mirrors (i am going to post something that is not spam, yay!) : It would be nice to have a separate settings menu for mirrors, something of American truck simulator style http://guides.gamepressure.com/americantrucksimulator/gfx/word/98117640.jpg

EDIT: first you would select a mirror that you want to adjust and then use four buttons beneath to move selected mirror. Not sure if it can be implemented without too much design interference but it is just a humble idea.
apologies in advance for posting not having played the patch.

is there option between 'old' and 3D mirrors?
I'm just throwing that out but following Bigbob's idea on mirrors adjustment it would be nice to make use of the D-Pad on the console of G25-G27 wheels for mirrors adjustment because the buttons feels awfully similar to the kind of button we have in real cars and many many users including me own one of these wheels. It would be faster to adjust the mirrors on the go using this method rather than going in the options every time Smile
No problems to report so far. Thanks for this neat update!
Problems with RAC
Using stock VOB, driver's hand goes through wheel.
(RAC)
Never had problem with 0.6p2, so for now I disable driver when driving RAC
Attached images
2016-08-20 17-13-17.473.jpg
2016-08-20 17-13-23.345.jpg
2016-08-20 17-13-24.580.jpg
well spotted. The driver's hands are a bit too low in the RAC.
Awwww, the passenger wants to drive too
Attached images
racbug.png
Not sure if someone else has the same "bug", but since P3 when using XFG/XRG/XRT/RB4/FXO the driver's legs are literally sliding around while steering.
Possibly related to the bug posted above. It made me think of an enthusiastic dictator Razz (Somehow it only happens in RAC with a female passenger).
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Quote from Artenese91 :Not sure if someone else has the same "bug", but since P3 when using XFG/XRG/XRT/RB4/FXO the driver's legs are literally sliding around while steering.

That looks funny Big grin It kind of looks like how G-forces would act on the driver's legs, but certainly not like that Tongue

So the RAC is completely glitched now. Although its quite amusing Tongue
you can do quite hilarious things with it now Big grin
Attached images
i133^cimgpsh_orig.png
Nice patch! It´s crazy to see yourself in the mirror when moving the head in VR Smile

However the new 3D mirrors makes it necessary being able to adjust the mirrors. When using a slightly different seat position it´s almost impossible to have a perfect look what happens on the track behind.

An alternative may be to calculate the best mirror setting according to the adjusted seat postition...
Attached images
myself_in_the_mirror.jpg
seat_position.jpg
I like the patch, I've been waiting for this update for a long time, but for me it's a bit of a negative result.

I don't like using virtual mirrors, I like having the interior mirror positioned in a certain place, and now that just gives me a mirror full of my race helmet.

I run 76 degrees fov on a 1920x1080 display.

Adjustment of the mirror or virtual/real combination would be good.
Attached images
mirrr.jpg
While setting the custom view, the driver's head changes it's position in the mirror, but the body doesn't. This is clearly visible in the LX's right mirror when you have a sort of onboard rally cam as the custom view setting
Attached images
bezglowydriver.jpg
lfs_00000092A.jpg
Scawen, is it possible to downgrade back to 0.6p2?
Thanks for the feedback. The most important thing so far is that we need adjustable mirrors to allow for adjusted seating or mirror positions. Also the bug with the RAC animation and some leg movement in some other steering animations.

asyed : If you revert to P2 and want to go online you will need the old versions of MR / FZ / FX vob files in your veh folder. Attached to this post.
Attached files
veh_vob_6P.zip - 111 KB - 478 views
Would it be possible that for external views we do not get those black mirrors ? Something slightly bright would certainly be better looking if implementing the real reflection is not easy.
May I ask for a little improvement to the lights, to make them more visible from far away?

Example from X-Plane. It's a simple 2D effect but it increases the visibility drastically.
Quote from chucknorris :May I ask for a little improvement to the lights, to make them more visible from far away?

Example from X-Plane. It's a simple 2D effect but it increases the visibility drastically.

This would make the game look sooo much better. +1 on that.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6P2 (now P9)
(262 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG