The online racing simulator
Trinus VR
(1 post, started )
Trinus VR
Well guys after much time off I'm back and playing. My son got me back into it and built up another sim. So I started fiddling with google cardboard as an output device and found Trinus VR. Interesting idea to combine head tracking and the HMD type of setup all in an android phone.

I've managed to get video through though it's slightly laggy because I can't run via USB though it's nearly there and I could do that via a different model phone than I have handy. But the biggest thing I'm running into is using the head tracking. Years ago, like 7 years ago I setup an IR head tracking hat using FreeTrack though it was long enough ago I don't recall if there was any setup or anything of the sort.

So I'm hoping for some configuration advice either on Trinus or LFS to get it working. Trinus lists Freetrack and TrackIR options as well as several others but I haven't had any luck getting them to actually work in LFS. I did manage mouse mode but from what I noticed there were a few issues there that I'm hoping would be corrected with a different connection protocol.

So suggestions would be appreciated, pretty neat piece of hardware. I actually bought one of those cheap plastic cardboard headsets from Ebay and then attached it to an old helmet. So now I'm completely immersed and honestly comfortable with it. Since the helmet solves the weight of the cardboard/interface to my head. It actually is pretty much the same as just wearing the helmet. Admittedly it's slightly harder to take on and off, and I may need to add a fan to my sim rig to get some fresh air blowing but it's interestingWink

Luke

Trinus VR
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG