The online racing simulator
S3 LICENCE WORTH ITS COST
(17 posts, started )
When are we gonna have an update for S3 that will be worth its price?
I mean, dude, Rockingham is a nice map, well done, laser scannered etc... but every game has something like that and nobody charges you 12 pounds for 13 layouts of a laser scannered track.
Anyone could blame me for not having an S3 licence, but I have my own reasons for not purchasing it yet:
I'm personally waiting for some texture and ambient upgrades, new weather options, more cars for each category, better engine sounds and MAYBE slithly more realistic graphics, which aren't actually that relevant in the gameplay, yet play a role as every detail does.
I'd be glad if any Developer could give a try in working on what we ordinary players would like to see, and I promise that if there will be good S3 or even S4 (yes I am a dreamer) update I won't hesitate to buy the licence as soon as possible, as LFS is my favourite game, though I think it misses something.

Lemme guys know what do you think!
#2 - Racon
S3 will be more content than Rockingham, but it's not ready yet. Scawen released S3 as it is so that those who were gagging for Rockingham didn't have to wait for the rest to be ready.
Just one track isn't worth the money.

But next s3 content will be free if they release it Smile

It all depends if you wanna sponsor devsCool
I have S3 license,bought it without expecting new futures(except Rockingham)just to support LFS developers!
Quote from super_gt :I have S3 license,bought it without expecting new futures(except Rockingham)just to support LFS developers!

Same. They did such a great game, I spend my money without fear. Glad to support their company and the guys themselves. Thumbs up
Quote from xmatis98 :Anyone could blame me for not having an S3 licence...

No one can blame you, it is completely up to you whether you want to buy it or not.
Quote from Flotch :Same. They did such a great game, I spend my money without fear. Glad to support their company and the guys themselves. Thumbs up

Same here, sure had more than original £24's worth out of lfs over the years, glad to put some back in Thumbs up
What everybody say.
Support LFS now, the rest of S3 content will be free (as in "already paid for") when it comes.
And when you see the evolution of the £ since this morning, it is cheaper minute after minute ... Big grin
Big grinBig grinBig grin
For only one track I think its not worth the price, for now its only a sorta of donation or a "thanks" gift, Scawen stated that he don't know when the futur content will be ready so don't take it for a guaranty.
I'll wait a few days so I can grab it for a few Euro.
I've paid for S3 in March 2009. From the sight of now, it was for free Big grin
Compared to the costs of other games, costs for LfS are kind of a joke to me.
But I can understand that Germany isn't comparable with other countries in the world. 12 pounds aren't very much here. You would spend it in the first hour in a pub on an ordinary Saturday evening. That may be different in other parts of the world. So the 12 pound could sound like a lot of money.
Quote from Flotch :And when you see the evolution of the £ since this morning, it is cheaper minute after minute ... Big grin

Well, OP has Poland flag, and "Zloty" is directly connected to British pound, so for them the situation doesn't change at all. Big grin

OP: "when?" - when it is done (and all the two and half of LFS devs are working hard to finish something as soon as possible). I don't think there's any point to try to guess better, VW+RO story should be self explaining.
Quote from Flotch :Same. They did such a great game, I spend my money without fear. Glad to support their company and the guys themselves. Thumbs up

Quote from GAVD999 :Same here, sure had more than original £24's worth out of lfs over the years, glad to put some back in Thumbs up

Same here. I thought that when getting the upgrade from S2 to S3, it would cost about the same as what the other two licenses did. It didn't. It actually cost less (like $4USD less.) Thumbs up
Verisimilitude
If you have to ask...

Seriously though, if you worry about $16, you can do better things with your money, like buying DLC for another game, ha ha ha.

Kudos to Scawen for quarterly patches. I'll keep checking back.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG