The online racing simulator
I also had problems with the H60 line a while back. You can read about my experience here.
Not strictly speaking an "LFS Rig"...

Last year I set up an HTPC / Home Server build using an HP Microserver, running Windows 7 and DriveBender to pool all my hard drives.

Unfortunately, DriveBender wasn't as stable as I hoped, and the CPU on the Microserver (only a little dual core Turion) wasn't realy ideal either.

With this in mind, I planned on building a new PC to replace it (still using DriveBender) but things didn't quite go to plan.

Ended up with 2 PC's...

Microserver:
8GB RAM,
5x4TB drives (14TB usable in RAID-Z1),
FreeNAS,
Ghetto PSU as the standard one is very noisy,
Intel NIC.

HTPC / Server:
Xeon L5638 hex-core CPU (60w TDP!),
8GB RAM,
Intel motherboard (DX58OG - not bad actually),
Xonar DX,
Intel NIC,
CCL Corsair 200R (CCL version comes with a terrible CCL logo replacing the Corsair one - avoid!),
OCZ Vertex 2 128GB SSD.

Connects up to a 50" Panasonic TV / Logitech Z5500 speakers (not great for home cinema stuff - but they were cheap).

I've put these in a converted cabinet under the TV - lined with some sound-absorbent carpet underlay with a couple of fans installed in the back.

All I need next is to upgrade both boxes to 16GB RAM (FreeNAS *eats* RAM), and maybe I could get a life
Made a hefty upgrade to this decades hardware.

The new: (not really) i5 2500k @ 4 GHz, 8GB DDR3, Z77
The old: HD5770, TX750, 60GB SSD + 160GB HD, 3x 19" Monitors, G15, X540, DFGT
I returned my h100i and got an h220-x
Intel i7 4790k 4.4ghz +H220-X| ASRock Z97x Killer | AMD Perf. 4x4GB DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x Crossfire| Samsung 840pro 256gb|
640gig+1.5tb WD 7200rpm| Antec Twelve Hundred|Cooler Master V1000

CPU: AMD FX-6300
CPU Cooler: AC Freezer A30
RAM: 4x4GB DDR3.
Mobo: MSI 970a-G43
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 128 GB
HDD: 1TB Samsung
GFX: Asus R9 280X 3GB
PSU: Corsair AX750.
Case: Lancool K-62
My computer machine:
Win7
4GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,20GHz
Ati Radeon HD5750

My gaming place:

Still on a single small monitor because Oculus Rift.

@Matrixi

Prkl!!
Don't hate the playa.

I recall you had quite some setup aswell?
First post of this thread, over 9 years ago .......
Thank you Roadie.

P4 2.4 @ 3.6
1gb OCZ PC3700
XFX 6600GT
Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU
250gb WD
80GB WD
60GB WD

THIS STILL RUNS LFS AT A PLAYABLE SPEED, EVEN WITH ITS NEW "HIGH END" REQUIREMENTS........

What a difference 9 years makes.

6600GT
Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay.
Quote from Matrixi :Don't hate the playa.

I recall you had quite some setup aswell?

Heh it has changed quite few times in past few years. Might aswell update it here:

Last post from 2010:
Spoiler - click to reveal
Quote from (FIN)Eza :Slight update:

1st PC:
CPU:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4GHz
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair Dominator XMS2-8500 1066Mhz
MB: Asus Maximus II Formula P45
GFX: CrossFireX 2x Ati Radeon 5870 1GB
HDD: 2x OCZ Vertex 40GB SSD's in raid0 for OS, 5TB for storage
PSU: Corsair HX1000w
Cooling: Thermalright Ultra-120 TRUE Black
Soundcard: X-fi onboard card
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 595
Monitor: Eyefinity setup with 3x 20´1¨ Viewsonic VX2025wm TFT's + Samsung F86LE46BDX FullHD 46¨ LCD television through HDMI for raceframe
Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Wave media kb + Logitech MX518

2nd PC:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 4.2GHz
RAM: 4x1GB G.Skill generic @ 1066Mhz
MB: Asus Rampage Formula X48
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB
HDD: 2TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight-serie 600W Quad-rail
Cooling: Custom build dual loop watercooling kit, loop 1 cpu+nb. loop 2 gfx
Soundcard: Onboard..
Monitor: Using one of the VX2025wm's in VGA socket
Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Media Elite (rev 1) + Logitech G3

3rd PC:
CPU: Intel Atom 330 @ 1.6GHz
RAM: 2x1GB G.Skill generic @ 800Mhz
MB: Zotac IONITX-A-E Nvidia Ion based mobo
GFX: Nvidia Ion's onboard gfx, based to 9300
HDD: 1.5TB
PSU: Zotac's90W
Cooling: All passive, case has single 140mm 7db Noctua NF-P14 @700rpm
Monitor+kb+mouse: Nothing what old good RealVNC can't handle

Raceframe:
Frame:
Playseats Evolution Solberg Edition White
Wheel: ECCI Trackstar 6006 F1 with HDUSB & FLDS cooling and Logitech G27 (swapping wheels time to time whichever does the job better by the time )
Pedals: ECCI Trackstar 6000 GTS with Progressive Brake Kit

Guess that's all before next big upgrade once we get rid of this "i7" generation in 2012 :riceboy:

Back then things were looking like this

Full album

But later on the seat started to become real back killer and whole rig was taking so much space, that it was time to pack it all away and go back to simpler single pc setup.

In 2012 one of the three Viewsonics literally blew up with smoke and sparks and thought it was time to give proper update to whole 'desktop' at once. Blown up Viewsonic got replaced by Dell U2711 and old small table got replaced by bigger one, leading on look like this:

Full album

Also the QX9650 started to show it's age with two Radeon 5870's and it was time to give full upgrade to pc too:

MB: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k
RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Ribjaws X CL7
Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE-BL
Case: Xigmatek Elysium

However budget didn't allow to finish this build at that point and GPU's stayed same. Until 6 months later on release of Asus 7970 Matrix.

At the end of 2013 both Viewsonic's got replaced by Benq XL2420T Rev 2.0 144hz monitor to get more space on table:

In February 2014 7970 got paired with Asus 280X DCII TOP to give more raw crunch to cryptocurrency mining. However 5 years of heavy overlocking and benchmarking, PSU didn't like this 24/7 100% load anymore and gave up taking both GPU's with it PSU got replaced by Corsair AX760i and since 7970 didn't have warranty anymore.. Didn't really want to go back to single 280X and decided to go all out for last upgrade to this pc and got Evga GeForce 780Ti Superclocked.

So the current final specs goes as:

MB: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k @4GHz
RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Ribjaws X CL7
Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE-BL
GPU: Evga GeForce 780Ti Superclocked
HDD: 15TB of several different HDD's
SSD: 2x Samsung 830 128GB
Case: Xigmatek Elysium
Monitors: Dell U2711 + Benq XL2420T Rev 2.0
KB+mouse: Logitech G710+ + Razer Naga Molten Edition
Wheel+pedals: Logitech G27 + ECCI Trackstar 6006 F1 System
Audio: Asus Xonar Essence ST (with opamp mod) + Lehmann Rhinelander + Denon AH-D2000

For future, specs stays same until Broadwell-E comes out sometime end of 2015 leaving time for X99 and DDR4 to mature a little. For monitor setup, Oculus Rift will be big part of it next year

@Matrixi, how much was that frame from their shop posted to your door + taxes? Looks something to consider
Quote from (FIN)Eza :@Matrixi, how much was that frame from their shop posted to your door + taxes? Looks something to consider

Obuttos in Europe ship from Portugal, so there's no VAT or customs costs on top of the purchase price + shipping. I bought mine in two stages, the base Revolution was around 750€ shipped, then I got the accessories like tabletops and triple mounts etc which raised the final frame cost to around 1K€.

It's totally worth it though. I had a Playseat Evolution before, but it was an uncomfortable flimsy toy compared to the Obutto.

I'm still sort of tempted to go for triple monitors as the Oculus DK2 FOV isn't the greatest out there. Then again not being able to get that 3D depth with standard monitors just feels dull after getting used to the 3D depth that VR gives you. I've been keeping this photo album updated as the sim rig build has been progressing throughout the year.
Quote from Matrixi :
Quote from (FIN)Eza :@Matrixi, how much was that frame from their shop posted to your door + taxes? Looks something to consider

Obuttos in Europe ship from Portugal, so there's no VAT or customs costs on top of the purchase price + shipping. I bought mine in two stages, the base Revolution was around 750€ shipped, then I got the accessories like tabletops and triple mounts etc which raised the final frame cost to around 1K€.

It's totally worth it though. I had a Playseat Evolution before, but it was an uncomfortable flimsy toy compared to the Obutto.

I'm still sort of tempted to go for triple monitors as the Oculus DK2 FOV isn't the greatest out there. Then again not being able to get that 3D depth with standard monitors just feels dull after getting used to the 3D depth that VR gives you. I've been keeping this photo album updated as the sim rig build has been progressing throughout the year.

Oh thought it would be more with these stupid Finnish laws. For once, gotta love EU eh

That definitely looks like it's all worth the money. What comes to flimsy feeling on Playseats.. Imagine how it was with full metal ECCI wheel..

Two things I found from pics: First.. is that actual cup holder on the right side of seat? And second, is there rubber in under frame, especially on feet behind seat? Just thinking in sake of floor

I lol'd to having Noctua even in T500, I like your quality standards
Quote from (FIN)Eza :Two things I found from pics: First.. is that actual cup holder on the right side of seat? And second, is there rubber in under frame, especially on feet behind seat? Just thinking in sake of floor

Yep, you get a cup beer holder with the base. There are plastic floor guards on the beams under the seat, you can just stick some ordinary floor protector pads underneath the front rails if needed. I've been meaning to get a custom carpet made for the whole sim rig, but haven't got around to it yet.

If you do buy one, I recommend tossing the poorly made assembly manual in the trash and going by these videos instead, they're much more helpful.

And gotta go with Noctua. The stock fan is a joke in comparison.

Quote from Matrixi :
Quote from (FIN)Eza :Two things I found from pics: First.. is that actual cup holder on the right side of seat? And second, is there rubber in under frame, especially on feet behind seat? Just thinking in sake of floor

Yep, you get a cup beer holder with the base. There are plastic floor guards on the beams under the seat, you can just stick some ordinary floor protector pads underneath the front rails if needed. I've been meaning to get a custom carpet made for the whole sim rig, but haven't got around to it yet.

If you do buy one, I recommend tossing the poorly made assembly manual in the trash and going by these videos instead, they're much more helpful.

And gotta go with Noctua. The stock fan is a joke in comparison.

To be honest.. Cup beer holder sealed the deal.

Hopefully in few months sorting income stuff (waiting call atm).. Loads of it matters for next year

For Noctua T500.. Stock fan looks like something with 9k rpm's "I work 2 hours until 70db"
Planning my LFS rig.
I am looking at building a pair of 3-screen racing rigs. The Rift looks promising; maybe that will trump these multi-screen setups.

Anyway, does LFS support having the 3 screens with the true "real" perspective and FOV? Such as in this video? Or maybe you just end up with a really wide screen with an unrealistic perspective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rri19PqJ3qU
Yes, LFS supports triple monitors properly like in that video, you can change the monitor angles in the settings.
you can even try the multiscreen support with just 1 screen connected

itll give you a quasi cylidrical projection which is... interesting and probably useful to drive with if you can get used to it
Planning on getting a computer, But bow I have 3 PC's (My own HP DV6-6C55SE is retired but my sister is still using her own I am too until the charger stopped working) So both are: Intel Core i7-2670qm quad core 2.2GHz with turbo to 3.1GHz, 6GB of ram,750gb of hard drive, Windows 7 Ultimate (On my own, was 7 dualbooted with 8.1), AMD Raedon 7690M XT 2gb of ddr5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000, Wireless N with gigabit Ethernet, Now I have a Lenovo S110, Intel Atom dualcore 1.6GHz N2600,2gb of ram, 320gb of drive, Dualbooted 7 with 10, Wireless n again, Intel GMA 3650/600. NOTE: THIS POST IS VERY LONG TO REMEMBER THE HISTORY OF USING OUR PCs'.
Planning on getting a computer, But bow I have 3 PC's (My own HP DV6-6C55SE is retired but my sister is still using her own I am too until the charger stopped working) So both are: Intel Core i7-2670qm quad core 2.2GHz with turbo to 3.1GHz, 6GB of ram,750gb of hard drive, Windows 7 Ultimate (On my own, was 7 dualbooted with 8.1), AMD Raedon 7690M XT 2gb of ddr5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000, Wireless N with gigabit Ethernet, Now I have a Lenovo S110, Intel Atom dualcore 1.6GHz N2600,2gb of ram, 320gb of drive, Dualbooted 7 with 10, Wireless n again, Intel GMA 3650/600. NOTE: THIS POST IS VERY LONG TO REMEMBER THE HISTORY OF USING OUR PCs'.
Moved recently, and so not fully set up yet. I don't have a wheel or anything, stuck using M+K, tho I do enjoy it. Anyway, I built this rig at the end of 2015. Gonna upgrade the Gpu some time next year, otherwise gonna milk it for the foreseeable future.

i7 5820k 4.4Ghz | 32GB DDR4 2400 XMP | MSI X99A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 980 | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB | 256GB Sanforce SSD | Toshiba 3TB HDD | Rosewill Stryker M | Corsair H55 | Noctua 120mm x5

New case and GPU, a bit of furniture reshuffling... et voilà!

Attached images
TheDesk.jpg
black ops 3 guns behind the scene? Smile

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG