The online racing simulator
Live For Speed on Steam Greenlight
I've come here to post a simple question that was probably already answered...but because I never saw it, i'll continue anyway.
So as you can see by the title. I was wondering if any of the Devs ever thought of putting the game on Steam Greenlight. Just to make the game more popular and to make up for the "No money for Advertisement" issue
I also posted here to make amends of any or all comments of which was offensive.
"We can't afford advertising so as ever before we will have to rely on word of mouth (or word of text)." quoted from Scawen...just in case.
#3 - lfsrm
Quote from lfsrm :We discussed about this in this topic : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89404-Where-the-hell-are-the-racing-servers%3F/page/2 ...

There was no clear answer from Scawen himself though.

But from what I know, they had quite some troubles with setting up their taxes accounting system with the government around 2015/2016 New Year time, so then getting into steam, I presume, might not be so easy in that regard.

Also, a lot of times games on Steam have different prices in different countries. Should they conform to that? If they should, how would that cope with the fact that current license owners purchased the game with (rediculous for some countries like Russia these days) 12 Pounds per license (36 in total)? One of the reasons why Steam is so popular, is that games have acceptable prices most of the time.

Moreover, they would have to split the product into free Demo, then S1, S2 and S3. I doubt that it will be so easy. Tbh I never saw a game on steam that had Demo with purchasable content.

Now that we can partially acknowledge the difficulties, I am not surprised that Devs never posted any answer to the question.

But if they will do try to enter Steam, the best is to wait until more content and new tyre physics get released.
#5 - lfsrm
Steam DLC system is good enough to split the game into s1, s2 etc, plus they can add a layer of online check for more security.

I think steam automaticly convert currency for differente countries, maybe they are playing with their prices share part too to increase or decrease prices per market, it's a good system to get more people into their platform games.

I completely agree about the actuale state of game, it's not ready yet.
Quote from lfsrm :Steam DLC system is good enough to split the game into s1, s2 etc, plus they can add a layer of online check for more security.

I think steam automaticly convert currency for differente countries, maybe they are playing with their prices share part too to increase or decrease prices per market, it's a good system to get more people into their platform games.

I completely agree about the actuale state of game, it's not ready yet.

Either that, or release it as a "Free to play' game and have the packs as "in-Game Purchases".
But as for the state of the game...They should probably have the "Full S3 Content"(I.E. The unfinished tracks and cars that was said to be in S3). Then they can consider putting it on Steam Greenlight.

Plus. Even though the game might become a "failure like the relaunched Rf1 on steam". At least the game will gain a popularity faster and would bring in an overwhelming cash boost, that would hopefully aid the devs to push out fresh and new content. For the reviews however would just simply be seen as something in the back of the head of everyone on the forums...

Plus...again. With the new integration of VR like the Oculus and the HTC Vive into the game, this will most likely bring in a bonus of opportunities for popularity and people that would buy licenses to try it in game. Hopefully if this happens, this ties in with my last paragraph that would, increase purchase rate and in turn give the devs enough money to buy this that would make the dev process much easier, and in turn; push out more and faster content.
#7 - Sobis
I believe devs have stated several times that increase in income won't make them develop faster.
-
(TheNoobisonFire) DELETED by TheNoobisonFire : Because my post isn't unnecessary
#8 - lfsrm
It's not about incomes, but to bring back some popularity into this game.
Honestly, I think this is a good idea. At least release it as a "Free to Play" and only have Demo. Then as time goes by, they can release the licenses after seeing how much people actually use the app. Like what happened with iRacing. Plus like I said, since the game has VR support, it can be featured and gain even more popularity.

I don't really know how this whole "Put game on Steam Greenlight" works but I really think the devs should at least consider it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG