The online racing simulator
A few more issues with the league manager
Hi,

The following issues are in relation to my league, CLSR: https://www.lfs.net/leagues/299-CityLiga-Sprint-Races

The first issue I spotted is that the last race value is incorrect.

The last race was Mon 8 Feb 2016, 20:40. The race that's being shown is the first race from the previous season.

The second issue is that the latest news isn't the latest news update that was submitted to that league. The latest news that was submitted is in fact here: https://www.lfs.net/news/999

Cheers,

Pete
#2 - n3ox
Sorry for the late reply and that it's not fixed yet. I currently have very little time to spare, but some free time is on the way, so I'll be looking into any issues then.
Alright, thanks.
Bump? Any progress on these?

It's irritating that any news I add for my league is still only being shown on the LFS homepage and not on the league page itself.
The main problem here seems to be that the news has been submitted as generic news and not specifically for a league.
When you submit news for a league, you should select "League news" and then the concerning league in the next drop down.
If you click the Add News button on the league info page, this selection should be set for you.

Have you missed that, or is that not working as you would expect?
Other league news does seem to be posted as such, so it doesn't look like a bug at first sight.
One catch is that when using "preview" then it resets the category to "Generic news"
Hmm, I could have sworn I chose league news. I have updated my last news post and it seems I didn't do that last time. My apologies for not checking.

The last race information is still incorrect though.

Edit:

Quote from Gutholz :One catch is that when using "preview" then it resets the category to "Generic news"

That might explain it.
Ah good catch. That is fixed now.

btw, you should still be able to edit your news post and assign it to a league.
I already updated it, thanks Smile
** Best answer **
Also fixed the last race bug.

Anything else? Smile I've some time tonight.
Quote from Victor :Also fixed the last race bug.

Anything else? Smile I've some time tonight.

Brilliant, thanks.

One thing I'd like to see is any active seasons being listed above inactive seasons:

Or have a 'Current Season' section and a 'Season Archive' or something.
And whilst we're on the topic, here's my wishlist for the league section:

- A way to receive email reminders for each league you're attending, perhaps with a subscribe button? You could choose to receive reminders 6/12/24 hours prior to an event.

- A way to include a livestream link (Twitch/YouTube/HitBox).

- On the season details list, make the schedule for the next round more prominent. Copy it to the top of the list with the title 'Next round' or give it a marker on the list which says 'NEXT ROUND'.

- When you choose a car for a round, allow us to add restriction information eg. for GT2 races.
Quote from mbutcher :One thing I'd like to see is any active seasons being listed above inactive seasons

How about the current inactive-season-dimming that I've just added as a quick fix?

I'll have a look at what I can get done tonight.
Quote from Victor :How about the current inactive-season-dimming that I've just added as a quick fix?.

I like it. That said, I still feel that the current season should be at the top with previous seasons appearing lower down.
I agree that the season list is way too low on the page. At least the active seasons should appear higher up, so people can notice it more easily.
Quote from Flame CZE :I agree that the season list is way too low on the page. At least the active seasons should appear higher up, so people can notice it more easily.

That isn't actually what I meant but I guess it could go above the latest news?
I've added a Current Season box.

EDIT - i could move it up to before the news?
Nice, yes, put it above news. It would be nice not to have to scroll to see it straight away.
done
That is nice.
In the season tables I've made the next rounds clickable, taking you directly to the next round details.
There I've also added inactive-round-dimming to better indicate active, past and upcoming rounds.
Quote from Victor :In the season tables I've made the next rounds clickable, taking you directly to the next round details.

Nice idea, could you do it for these too?

It says Next event is Yesterday for this event Tilt

Attached images
Screenshot_2.png
New issue. Your timezone adjustments don't seem to be working as they should.

I set the start time of my events to be 19:30. Since I wasn't presented with an option to choose a timezone I assumed this would work normally. Apparently that's not the case as other people from the UK are seeing my league as starting an hour later and one person I asked from Germany is seeing it an hour later too relative to the time I initially set.

This is from my browser, UK - Correct local time:

This is k_badam's browser, UK - Incorrect local time:

This is shikari_san's browser, UK - Incorrect local time:

This is deutschland2007's browser, Germany - Incorrect local time:

So for me it shows the correct times, but to everyone else it's displaying an hour later in their timezone. So people will likely turn up an hour late to my events.

Either the times should be allowed to include a timezone ie. UTC+1 or the system should have a more adequate way of detecting local timezones.

A few more issues with the league manager
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG