The online racing simulator
Sans Plomb V2.0 is out
Almost two years after the beginning of the project, I finally managed to do it.
I'm late, very late but happy now

The V2.0 version of Sans Plomb is out and does everything as planned :yipee:

Enjoy!
It looks great! Downloading now... Congrats for the good job
Good job! I will be trying it later today.
Ohh nice Bogey, will make a post about it on RSR forum
Thanks.
Is there a chance to get it work together with LFS-Relax? I dont know how to manage this...
I don't know exactly what is LFS Relax, but I think you probably need a relay.
U got it. That´s what i´m searching for. Thanks!

(My brain couldn´t remember that relay-thingy anymore, cause there was no use for since i found your tool.... )
Hi there,
I'm really struggling getting this to work at the moment.
It always stays initializing and never connects to LFS.
I've tried running it on localhost and from a seperate laptop but the connection still never makes.
I've tried the ports you suggested in your instructions and another range altogether... Same happens.
Any ideas what the problem might be?
I'm not familiar with insim, I think the port is configured correctly (/insim command reports it correct anyway) but aside from that I'm not really sure what I should be doing with it.

Thanks for any help

Justin
Did you try it in race or training/qualify? For me it only works during a race session. I even thought i´m to dumb to type the right portnumbers in the progs and configs... :-)
Hi Justin,

If SP waits during initialization, there's two possibilities:
  1. The paquet SP sent to LFS never arrived to LFS.
  2. The paquet arrived to LFS but LFS ignored it and doesn't send the answer paquet SP is waiting.
If 1, desactivate all your firewalls, or check port numbers.
If 2, check if LFS is really listening at the port set with the /insim [port number] command. When you press the initialize button, you should see the following message in LFS: "InSim - UDP : Sans Plomb 2.0 (port 801)".
Hi there, I'm still struggling I'm afraid.
Disabled Firewalls, no joy
Changed ports, no joy.
I can't see the message in LFS either when I initialise SP from my laptop.
I also can't get them to work when both running on same pc either though

Any more thoughts? I've allowed the ports in my router as well (if I needed too)
I can't tell what's wrong, you can initialize InSim just with defaults settings on the same machine...

How do you activate the InSim port listening in LFS exactly?
I have the following shortcut to launch LFS

"D:\Games\Live For Speed\LFS.exe" /insim=801 and the following lines in my cfg.txt

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 192.168.0.10
OutGauge Port 802
OutGauge ID 0

IP above is IP of my laptop and is my SP IP

Spot anything I've done wrong?
Try to run both SP and LFS on the same machine with default port settings and 127.0.0.1 as IP address everywhere.
This should work and if not, try another insim application to check if you can connect with LFS.
Hi there.
It won't work running on same machine either.
Will try and get another insim app, can you recommend something that's nice and easy to test perhaps?
TBH I don't use any other InSim app, but try Virtual LFS Dashboard, it looks simple to use.
Just installed that mod it and it works perfectly.
And that was running from pc to laptop.
So I guess my outgauge comms works ok.
ok I think I have SP working now, but maybe not correctly.
I have changed my LFS receiving port from 800 to 801 and it now works.
not sure what to set the sending port too though.
I can get all the fuel levels and car/track details but it doesn't always log the lap details in the log window.
Any ideas? Maybe it's linked to this LFS sending port?
Can't get the lap logging to work at all now. Or the box that displays previous fuel level and fuel burnt in current lap.
Although everything else appears to respond as expected including the gauges and the box dusplaying current car/track.

Any thoughts mate?

cheers in advance
oops
:doh: Ok, ok...

I just noticed all this problems came from me..
In the LFS shortcut, put the LFS receiving port (800) instead of 801
The manual is wrong, I'll reupload a corrected one.
Despite of this, Sans Plomb is working fine
Well, corrected manual upload done. I should have more positive replies now. Sans Plomb doesn't have very much success atm, probably because people don't get it to work because of the manual mistake.
$ python3 Downloads/Sans_Plomb/Sans_Plomb.pyc
RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

Can we have the source .py file please?
use lfs lazy

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG