The online racing simulator
Review of HTC Vive compared with Occ Rift using LFS as the gaming software, very ugly but accurate from what I'm reading ....

I hope you haven't actually paid for either of these 1 gen devices ...., Still, LFS gets a great review for providing support for 1st gen hardware.

Well done Scrawen. I can hardly wait for VR Gen 3, which will start to work properly IMHO. Smile
YouTube has the game tagged as Assetto Corsa.
Quote from EeekiE :YouTube has the game tagged as Assetto Corsa.

I think it is some broken feature of this new "gaming youtube" stream thing.
My old videos also got tagged with random game titles:

Those videos are in a playlist with "live for speed" in name, how hard can it be for google/YT to recognize that. The tags randomly change every few weeks and some are totally unrelated games even if the video had some keywords as tags. ("Hellgate London" on racing video.. Uh-hu I never uploaded videos of that game, never watched videos of that)
Attached images
bla2.jpg
overtaking lapping an absolute novice in the SO chicane on the last lap, wah!
Are those logitech momo attached to something else?
crash = "oioioioi".. yup its finnish.
Pretty cool concept. It would be good to see shows like this pick up elsewhere.
Quote from Flame CZE :Isn't Joonas Lappalainen this guy? https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1382440#post1382440

Yes. Good to see him building a good career in real life. He is in his second season of Audi TT Cup in Germany, after finishing 4th overall last year.

On totally unreleated news, I was really surprised to see a Lithuanian drift stream on Twitch with 700+ viewers today. I think this is the second time I ever saw LFS breaking the 100+ live viewers mark on Twitch.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yes. Good to see him building a good career in real life. He is in his second season of Audi TT Cup in Germany, after finishing 4th overall last year.

On totally unreleated news, I was surprised to see a Lithuanian drift stream on Twitch with 700+ viewers today.

I second this!
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvqlWu0gAZ4#t=11/ not bad!
To Scawen

return please a virtual mirror together with real
To Aerogyry

Your post has nothing to do with LFS in the news,it's just a request.

And here's answer:
Quote from Scawen :There are some complications with allowing virtual mirror at the same time as real mirrors in the new system. Mainly because it is no longer possible for them to use the same rendered image. The central mirror is narrower than a virtual mirror and its direction depends on the head position, so it is not compatible with the virtual mirror. A virtual mirror would have to be drawn as a separate image.

It's possible but not easy and I'm not really keen on doing it. I can't do it for this coming official version because I hope to release it very soon and get back to the tyre physics.

on the website there is an s1 download for free will this affect the game or what?
Wrong section as the post has nothing to do with LFS in the news.

Anyway - if you mean the downloads archive,it's just an older version of LFS,where you still need to have an S1 licence to unlock all content. There's nothing for free other then demo content.
And it won't affect anything if you install the older version in different folder.
Finnish eMOTORSPORT Championship 2016 with Thank You to lfs development team
Hello dear lfs'ers,

this post is not only about lfs in the news but also a thank you for the development team that made this achievement possible.

This week Tuesday there was Final race of Finnish National Championship Series 2016 arranged by IeMA, International eMOTORSPORT Association (http://www.iema.fi/index.php?language_id=1 as live race in the promoters (http://www.circuit.fi/index.php?language_id=1) premises in Helsinki for the 10 finalist of the series. The series was run using lfs as race simulation platform and this is also promoted both in IeMA and promoter web sites.
Here is link to the actual race live stream which includes also qualifying session (around 30 minutes) followed by the actual race (45 minutes+1 lap) using XR GTR on South City Long Reverse track with wind option set to 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL0lhJK3kCo).
Unfortunately the commentary is in finnish so it might be little difficult to follow if not a Finn. Maybe next year there will be some race series with english commentary as there is plans to expand activities to international level also.

The whole podium was populated by experienced lfs'ers, winner Joni Katila (lfs account jsrk), 2nd Antti Terho (lfs account speedsenna) and 3rd Toni Lähteenmäki (lfs account FL4SH-) which shows that long experience of racing within lfs really helps to achieve something like this.

The whole podium got as reward of investing to lfs and to this race series their money back multiple times.
Therefore really big thanks to lfs development team Scawen, Eric and Victor to make this possible.
I hope this gives some extra motivation to further work on lfs.

I don't know if there is any similar activities in any other country around the globe but now Finland has showed one way how lfs or eMotorsport could be brought into Motorsports family in National level. Of course as first time to organize this kind of race series its a lot of learning but I believe same applies whatever new Motorsport class is kicked off first time.

I would also hope that similar activities could be kicked off in other countries and continents. at least now we know it is possible. And I fully believe Scawen and the team would give full support whereever similar activities would take place.

Joyfull Xmas and action packed New Year 2017 for all Thumbs up
Let's hope LFS will evolve to next level during next year and we can enjoy it many years to come Smile

Cheers,
Jari Katila (lfs account jkat)
Nice one, Joni, congratulations!

If there was something like this in the UK, that would be awesome.
Thanks for the report!

Good to hear it went well. Smile
Nice! (Race starts at 1:02:35).

Question: Was the game hosted on a remote server rather than on a LAN? And/or is that really 6 PPS? The car positions are not updated very smoothly (see Joni pass through the chicane here, for example).

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG