The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6N7
(135 posts, closed, started )
Got a bit of a problem with my Logitech Dual Action gamepad and the current test patch: When setting a dead zone with the Logitech profiler to clean up the slack around the center of the thumbsticks, LFS sees the center position as -8 instead of 0. I'm not sure if that's a bug with the profiler or not, but it wasn't an issue before these test patches as you could just use the center button and then lock the axis settings.
Interesting. I see that C button was quite useful at times. Anyway not really a problem because you can do exactly the same, but manually. You just want the min and max values to be centred around your centre value. In your case, it centres at -8, so you should reduce the max value for that axis by 16. So it runs from -1000 to 984. The good thing is that will really stay there as a user setting and you won't need to redo it each time.
Ah, didn't even think about trying that. It worked perfectly, thanks!
I'm looking forwards to see the next patches, physics and etc, after this patch :3 ...
Quote from killafilla :I'm looking forwards to see the next patches, physics and etc, after this patch :3 ...

We all waiting for that new funn new setups learning again Smile
Tested on my multi user server.

3 Games running at the same time

1x G29
1x G29
1x G25

Also have a 3D connecxion device connected that is adding some additional axis, will disconnect and try again.

It is very difficult to setup multiple games with so many axis...

The force feed back is confused with what instance of LFS to associate with. For example while driving with the G25, one of the G29 wheels was spinning around in response to the car handling.

The G25 throttle and brake pedal both move the same axis. It does not appear that they will separate.
Сut-off to injection engine, plz.
The siren this is skin-deep...
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Tested on my multi user server.

3 Games running at the same time

1x G29
1x G29
1x G25

Also have a 3D connecxion device connected that is adding some additional axis, will disconnect and try again.

It is very difficult to setup multiple games with so many axis...

Thanks for the test. I realise that multiple controller setups will need axis reassignment the first time using this update.

I hope it is a bit easier now that the axis names are correct and there is a scroll bar that may help.

EDIT: also the first controller in the list should be set up correctly so one of the wheels should be already correct for one of your LFS instances. I hope your 3 LFS instances are installed into their own folders so each has a separate controller setup - otherwise I can't see how it would work!

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :The force feed back is confused with what instance of LFS to associate with. For example while driving with the G25, one of the G29 wheels was spinning around in response to the car handling.

There is a selector (in the Axes/FF section) for which device to use as the force feedback device. So for example if you have assigned axes to the third wheel in your list, you must also select the third force feedback device.

Quote from SimulatorRental.com :The G25 throttle and brake pedal both move the same axis. It does not appear that they will separate.

This should be selectable in the Logitech drivers software.
I disconnected my connecxion device, and my G25 since the current Logitech drivers that work with the g29 are not working with the g25, so I cannot fix the axis, and there were only 2 force feedback choices, not 3... so I cannot use the g25 wheel.

The two G29 wheels are still a little confused as to how to allocate the force feed back between them. It seems to react correctly sometimes, but every now and then the wrong wheel seems to bump or react. Mostly the force holding the center and end points seem to only work on one wheel at a time. I am still messing with it, but something just isn't right.

EDIT:
I am going to assume I have it working...
I need to not use my G25, and I was doing something backwards.
Will post more ideas on this in the new P thread.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6N7
(135 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG