The online racing simulator
New version 0.6P - Updates in VR and controller support
Hello Racers,

It has been an interesting month for Virtual Reality, with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive headsets now being shipped to customers. Live for Speed is so good to use in VR, it was our top priority to make sure it works with the new headsets and latest software. The result is our latest version, 0.6P, which you can now download. We also worked a lot on controller support. More game controllers and steering wheels are now set up automatically and multiple controller setups are also much better supported.

Read the list of changes and how to get the update on the 0.6P information page.

- LFS Developers
Nice work Thumbs up

It seems that sirenslow.wav and sirenfast.wav were also included in this patch as my sounds have returned to default for those two files.
Keep it up!!
+1
Great job once again! Thumbs up
Quote from mbutcher :Nice work Thumbs up

It seems that sirenslow.wav and sirenfast.wav were also included in this patch as my sounds have returned to default for those two files.

Yes, sorry but it was easier for us to make the one M to P patch instead of separate M to P and N to P ones.

I think loss of custom siren sounds will be the only problem in this case.
Makes sense and no worries, just thought I'd mention it.
Off topic, but I started to play LFS in version 0.5P so... Big grin

"Look Roll axis function now has a full 360 degree range" YAY!
+rep developer
Quote :Controllers may be plugged in and detected after LFS is started

I suppose it's the most useful improvement for me,as I have a habbit to join event server while sitting comfortably on bed,but then move to table to my wheel later when I want to join track. Always had to restart LFS then. I use laptop if someone is confused... Big grin
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Off topic, but I started to play LFS in version 0.5P so...

I joined in same year december and then X was the actual version. So will we have already 0.6X around end of year with this rate? Big grin
LFS you rock! Na-na
Logitech G13 Joystick btw works perfectly! Thanks for this, I can now watch properly on in-car view !
thanks 4 good path

is prety and no pay Smile Wave
Great to see coming LfS alive again Smile.
Thanks Scawen, Eric and Victor Thumbs up
How do I get it to work with the Vive? When I go into view to enable it for openvr I get, "could not initialise openvr system."

Is there a setting I need to enable or disable somewhere else? Does steamvr have to be running? The headset is working. I can launch a game in steamvr right after it fails.
Supposed to work with 1.3 runtime? The sim doesn't start in VR at all for me and I see no option in game.
Quote from bfedorov91 :How do I get it to work with the Vive? When I go into view to enable it for openvr I get, "could not initialise openvr system."

Is there a setting I need to enable or disable somewhere else? Does steamvr have to be running? The headset is working. I can launch a game in steamvr right after it fails.

It should just work, if the latest Steam VR is installed. Steam VR doesn't have to be running but it can be. Sometimes with the Vive, it seems I have to try a few times before it starts.

Quote from grammatonfeather :Supposed to work with 1.3 runtime? The sim doesn't start in VR at all for me and I see no option in game.

LFS doesn't decide what you want to do. You tell LFS what to do. In this case, Options... View... 3D.
Something is wrong with my handbrake controller (logitech attack 3) and i cant make it work, its stays "pulled" at the half.
tried to reconnect, changed axis, invert ... doesnt help
before update it was working without any problem and that yellow indicator wasnt in the middle as it is now (look in pic)
Attached images
crap.jpg
You just need to set the numbers in the Range column. Move your handbrake axis to see which range it covers, and set those Range numbers to cover that range (or preferably a bit less than the range).

E.g. if the handbrake axis returns values from 5 to 1000, set the Range from 100 to 1000. Then the first bit of motion won't move the in-game handbrake at all, but the other 90% of movement will move the in-game handbrake.

The new system has far more possibilities than the old one but sometime you do have to type in a value, for these special cases.
Quote from BADLVBOY :Something is wrong with my handbrake controller (logitech attack 3) and i cant make it work, its stays "pulled" at the half.
tried to reconnect, changed axis, invert ... doesnt help
before update it was working without any problem and that yellow indicator wasnt in the middle as it is now (look in pic)

Set its range from -1000 to 0, or 0 to 1000, whatever fits you.

Damn, beaten by Scawen himself!
Thanks!
works now at 0 to 1000 (invert 0)
Quote from Scawen :It should just work, if the latest Steam VR is installed. Steam VR doesn't have to be running but it can be. Sometimes with the Vive, it seems I have to try a few times before it starts.

I was having compositor launching issues due to one being set to run as admin. Disabling that everywhere seemed to clear up all my steamvr issues.
Thanks, good to know you got it working! Smile
This thread is closed

New version 0.6P - Updates in VR and controller support
(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG