The online racing simulator
(60 posts, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :I don't care. At least they would show up online.

Ahh I see.. so now you don't care about other products, as long as they appear online.. quite ironic Smile

Quote from cargame.nl :What you are basically say is; make LFS free and see who is going to chip in a dime. Maybe some 50 pounds can be made. Sigh.

Please cite where I said that? My current account says I've spent £84 towards LFS.. I obviously have no problem with it being a paid product at all. You're flapping and getting your knickers in a twist, but that's ok Wink

Quote from cargame.nl :Nothing complicated about having central servers. The functionality is already there. Every license category gets one free server to start with and it's double win.

Nothing at all, until those servers disappear, either through technology glitches, ops screwing up, or the devs shutting shop (this has been proven multiple times with other software houses).

Quote from cargame.nl :You don't really care. OK. Already was thinking that.

You're right to a degree.. no, I don't.. much like I'm sure none of the devs care too much if I happen to become unemployed tomorrow.. it doesn't affect each other's lives.

Quote from cargame.nl :So it all of a sudden is socially accepted that people act like thieves when people say.. Hmm OK you cannot buy it.. Ooohh, so sorry for you... It's OK to steal. No problem! This is how wrong cultures are being made.

Except if they're making LFS look pretty by designing skins with cracked software Wink

Quote from cargame.nl :Turkey here is just an example, this behavior is widespread and is spreading like a virus all over the continent(s). With help from social media and Youtube which wasn't that active a few years back.

But hey, what if I say that I go the illegal path as well and support this kind of behavior too? It's a small step to go the dark path. Maybe thats needed to make a statement pppffff...

Pretty sure no one would give a flying.......... You think too much of yourself Wink

Cheers..

Ian
No they're not stealing, not in their current situation, stealing is about those who can own the game but choose to go through the wrong path because they don't give a damn about the devs jobs, but in Turkey and other similar places like I said there is no potential consumers for lfs that can buy the game anyway, and when we are dealing with no potential clients, cracking the game or not wouldn't do any harm to the devs incomes.

So let them be it's just a waste of time for scawen, he's already dealing with VR instead of physics and graphics so don't bother him with such infinite loop of fighting piracy.
Dave you're opinion on this is weird. One day you're threatening to start cracked servers because of lack of development. Then development picks up and you're enthusiastic about LFS again. And now you want the devs to spend time locking down the game (which is silly to think these players will start buying licenses) instead of improving the game.

The goal of LFS is to make a great racing sim, not to make a lot of money. After S3 runs its course, assuming physics + graphics + content updates, the devs will be able to retire very comfortably.

LFS requires a wheel, good internet, a good computer, etc. The cost of a license is minuscule compared to these things. The target demographic for LFS will have no problem spending 36 euro on the game. Spending dev time to lock down the game (make the game worse) to try to get money from people not in the target demographic is stupid. Seeing as there has been no official response on this topic might tell you something.

Also, take a look at the philosophy of LFS. External programs developed by the community extend the functionality of the game, leagues are run by the community. The mapping of a wheel button to space/escape is left to the community. The devs are busy making a racing sim, and don't bother with things that are not making a racing sim.
Central game servers do not offer complete protection.
Many online-RPG like 'World of Warcraft' were said to be uncrackable because it runs on central servers.
However then cracker just emulated the servers. That will always happen if there is interest.

Crackhack playerbase might be big but I doubt it is direct competetion.
Too much focus on making the biggest lagcrash on some convoy-drift server or "epic stance mods" and other sillyness. There might be some racing in cracked servers too but even that seems lower quality, with lots of keyboard drivers, lots of immature people and so on. (from what I saw on youtube and looking around sites) I think anyone interested in racing will quickly become fed up with that?
Same reason why there has been little interest in cracking iRacing. It surely is not about technical obstacles. Nobody plays iR for the graphics or for selection of cars, the game itself is nothing too special. The official online-service (ratings, protection from crashkids) are the whole point - without that it loses its main attraction.

I think problem with hackcrack is more subtle and indirect. For example on youtube you are more likely to stumble on some cracked driftcruisewhatever video than anything serious. Does not show game in good light. But neither do some postings on this forum. Always dead-this, dead-that. What is the use? Maybe there is one thing to learn from hackcrackers, not actively driving players away with bad comments.
Game cracks are a major fact. If LFS want's to stop game cracks then read this and then act accordingly.

Or, just block server software within the game, and only release it to approved users.

Seriously, Ubisoft are the only current game co that are beating the hackers. How long that lasts, I don't know.....

Bluntly, don't try to beat single player, waste of time. Beating server creation, how hard can that be ??????
Quote from lfsrm :...buying over the internet and spending 1 month worth of salary ( if not 2 ) for a game is a no-no for them...

And yet they have enough money to buy a computer, internet connection, server, wheel. And, from what I saw when I holidayed in Icmeler, in Turkey, a lot of young guys working in bars, restaurants, hotels, and on the beach had more modern smartphones than my 4 year old iphone 4s.
Quote from sinanju :And yet they have enough money to buy a computer, internet connection, server, wheel. And, from what I saw when I holidayed in Icmeler, in Turkey, a lot of young guys working in bars, restaurants, hotels, and on the beach had more modern smartphones than my 4 year old iphone 4s.

Don't generalize, rich people are a very tiny minority in these country, computer and other stuff if they are officially imported the government may reduce taxes so the common people can buy one or two due to their importance nowadays, I bet the smartphones you're talking about are only 50$ chinese clone since I see them everywhere here, many people sacrifice money and time just to get normal things that you guys can buy in one day.

Well if we assume the average salary there is about 150 $, a 50$ for the s2 are about 30% of their total monthly income, if in your country you're paid 2500$ do you accept to spend 750$ in one game ?

Also don't get fooled by touristic place, the real turkey people are nowhere near those places.
Its kind of life in Turkey. Take everything for free and for granted. Mental complexion cant be changed, only methods how to stop it.
Quote from jopapuba :Its kind of life in Turkey. Take everything for free and for granted. Mental complexion cant be changed, only methods how to stop it.

I never understood the hatred toward turkey from east european people, and for information you're not better, don't tell me you're still have a grudge from the time when they invaded your lands, it's completely ridiculous.
Quote from lfsrm :Don't generalize, rich people are a very tiny minority in these country, computer and other stuff if they are officially imported the government may reduce taxes so the common people can buy one or two due to their importance nowadays, I bet the smartphones you're talking about are only 50$ chinese clone since I see them everywhere here, many people sacrifice money and time just to get normal things that you guys can buy in one day.

Well if we assume the average salary there is about 150 $, a 50$ for the s2 are about 30% of their total monthly income, if in your country you're paid 2500$ do you accept to spend 750$ in one game ?...

Talking of generalising...

I've earned about $5,278 US dollars for 51 weeks - a week shy of 12 months. If you're wondering why I didn't pay tax, its because I only earned one third of amount allowed before tax deducted. And I'm not alone in earning this amount.

And as for chinese cloned phones - most of the ones I saw were iphone 5's with apple logo on back - most people didn't want to put them in cases as it hid the logo. They were quite happy to let me handle them when I showed them my old 4S, and I said I'd like to compare.
I bet you're a student who are working on his free time or you're unemployed yet, I don't think a fully time salary will look like that in your country, when I said average 150$ its for a man who are fully time employed with qualification etc.

I hope you can find a decent job asap.

As for the chinese clone, yes there is many with even the original logo :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgR8sxKWyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxF67VzNeSg

You can find the original brands ofc, with a abnormal good price, because they are either refurbished and sold as new, or somone stole the phone from another country to sell it half price.

newsflash - there are many, many poor people in the world !!!!!!

India is one of the richest countries in the world, see that in most of Mumbai ???.
Of course poor people will 'steal', only it's not stealing. If you travel through these countries, you wear a money belt. You take simple precautions, do the same with software if it's an issue to you.

We are all rich by most world standards, so either cope with the game piracy, not that any of these people would buy the game anyway, or put in place a system to stop server creation which is far too easy with LFS.
Quote from lfsrm :,,,I bet you're a student who are working on his free time or you're unemployed ,,,

I'm just over 10 years away from retiring, and left high school 40 years ago, so not student, and P45 required to hand to next employer as starting next temporary job.
With a no stable professional life you still got your 5000$, that's not bad giving your situation, I assume they're also giving aids for unemployed people and for their family in you country so it's not like you will die right here right now, if you do the same in one of the third world countries you will not get enough even to eat, and starve to death.

Like I said, 5000$ it's like three time what they are getting even if their are fully employed with qualifications.
Quote from lfsrm :I never understood the hatred toward turkey from east european people, and for information you're not better

Well, that's part of it. Smile We know we are not better, actually quite the same, which also makes us experts to understand your deficiencies. Big grin
Quote from Ped7g :Well, that's part of it. Smile We know we are not better, actually quite the same, which also makes us experts to understand your deficiencies. Big grin

I agree about cultural deficiencies, but humans are all same.
This is a very difficult problem and I just wanted to voice my opinion. As someone who has spent a fair amount of time writing and releasing music, there is no end game. Everyone knows you can't make money from the majority of music, and it's probably the same in this case.

My opinion is that LFS should make enough money to keep the master server running, i.e allow the game to be free for a month or so to eliminate a significant portion of this problem. There is no need to have illegal servers if you have the legal version, the users would appear online and you could control the problem more.

I understand what everyone is saying, but at some point you have to remember the art behind the idea and forget the money. There is no point in developing something for 10 years, be it LFS or music, if no one listens or uses the program. Everyone wants it to be successful, otherwise whats the point?

Just my opinion, I'm not in this situation so I can't judge. I enjoy LFS and will continue to enjoy it either way.
Quote from Eclipsed :Still - these illegal servers have a banner on them:
"Hey,you don't need to buy LFS,come here and have it for free!"
This is where devs' money and legal server population is lost - on users,who would buy,but not spending money because of free alternative.

this
Quote from lfsrm :No they're not stealing, not in their current situation, stealing is about those who can own the game but choose to go through the wrong path because they don't give a damn about the devs jobs, but in Turkey and other similar places like I said there is no potential consumers for lfs that can buy the game anyway, and when we are dealing with no potential clients, cracking the game or not wouldn't do any harm to the devs incomes.

So let them be it's just a waste of time for scawen, he's already dealing with VR instead of physics and graphics so don't bother him with such infinite loop of fighting piracy.

As a Moroccan (same or less economic state as your country Tongue), i dont think there should be any kind of crack for LFS, even on poor or third world countries, this isnt a high-budgeted game so LFS mostly is living by their own product, cracking it by a big amount of turkish people(that represents a big community in LFS now) will do harm to the state of the game, and it already did.. also people who cant buy the game should stick to the demo

Its like i cant afford a Ferrari so its no harm to steal one, while you could stick to your own car
Quote from RaZMorocco : this isnt a high-budgeted game so

Quote from lfsrm : Don't generalize, rich people are a very tiny minority in these country, computer and other stuff if they are officially imported the government may reduce taxes so the common people can buy one or two due to their importance nowadays, I bet the smartphones you're talking about are only 50$ chinese clone since I see them everywhere here, many people sacrifice money and time just to get normal things that you guys can buy in one day.

Well if we assume the average salary there is about 150 $, a 50$ for the s2 are about 30% of their total monthly income, if in your country you're paid 2500$ do you accept to spend 750$ in one game ?

Also don't get fooled by touristic place, the real turkey people are nowhere near those places.

Quote from RaZMorocco :Its like i cant afford a Ferrari so its no harm to steal one, while you could stick to your own car

Quote from lfsrm :No they're not stealing, not in their current situation, stealing is about those who can own the game but choose to go through the wrong path because they don't give a damn about the devs jobs, but in Turkey and other similar places like I said there is no potential consumers for lfs that can buy the game anyway, and when we are dealing with no potential clients, cracking the game or not wouldn't do any harm to the devs incomes.

God bless quote function!
I don't know why but cracked servers not in airio list anymore Smile

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG