The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Oculus home.

How did your talks with Oculus went about putting LFS on the Oculus Store? Is it still ongoing or you can't say anything because of the NDA? On Monday they will be releasing Oculus SDK 1.3 featuring Asynchronous Timewarp.
My current plan is to try to get LFS working in 1.3 as soon as possible. Hopefully it's simple enough, with 1.3 installed, to use programs that are not featured in the Oculus Store. Being optimistic, maybe that part would just take a couple of days. It seems to me then it would be a good idea to attempt full Store compliance, because being in the Store would be good exposure for LFS. I hope the 1.3 SDK documentation will make things more clear, because I don't know much yet!
Please tell me where i can get dll that will make lfs work with sdk 0.7?
And if i do that, will i be able to join servers that run on latest patch?
We don't have a DLL that works with the 0.7 runtime. You need Oculus 0.8 runtime to use LFS in the Rift.

If you use an older LFS that works with 0.7 you will not be able to join the current LFS hosts.

It would be possible for a programmer to make a 0.7 version but I'm not doing it. I guess we are moving onto 1.3 next week.
I was hoping to do what just2fast wrote here but if it brakes multiplayer then i will not do that.
I have smooth flow when i look ahead, but if i look aside the moving objects look choppy ass you pass by them. I didnt notice that until last patch. LFS was the smoothest running VR experience so far and i could spend hours in it. Now i get sick very fast.
Ah, that is the old problem with the headset having 75 Hz frame rate, while LFS has a 100 Hz physics update rate. Nothing we can do about that in the near future (eventually I'd like to do physics and graphics on separate threads and that would be part of the solution). Unfortunately the Vive and Rift customer versions have 90 Hz frame rate, so this problem still exists. It would have been great if they could run at 100 Hz!
Really nice stuff, thank you devs. Smile
I wouldn't have thought, that from all the VR demos/games it would be the oldest piece of software that puts the biggest grin on my face. Thumbs up, works like a charm with the Vive! Big grin
Thanks for the Vive feedback! There aren't that many people with a Vive (yet). Smile
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the Vive feedback! There aren't that many people with a Vive (yet). Smile

Yes, I am one of the lucky few with early access to a htc Vive Pre. To be honest, I didn't touch LFS for quite some time, other than watching old S1 replays. Took me literally 5 minutes, to download LFS, install it, disable the menu music, set visuals to the max, unlock the game and sit in a FZR on Westhill (including the 2 minutes looking for the 3D button).

The Rift and Vive experience for LFS must be extremely similar, since it doesnt make use of the motion controllers, so for anyone with seconds thoughts, try either of these systems with LFS. I started gaming on a Commodore C64 in the 80's and jumped on every technical invention there was (yes, also HD-DVD and almost LaserDisc as well), but I can guarantee you, you cannot imagine what LFS on VR is like. First impression is just wow. Triple screens + Track-IR doesn't even come close.

The resolution somewhat sucks, so hard to make out signs for breaking points, which is something you might get used to I suppose. It's first gen, so give it some time. By the time S3 is done, we all have VR brain implants Big grin

Scawen, if there is anything in particular you want me to test, just let me know. I certainly need more time with the game, so this might be nothing: On Westhill FPS drop to 45fps always at the same spot, but the SteamVR UI is not complaining about missing frames. Other than from the fps counter, I couldn't tell either.

Edit: Never mind, seems like you have a Vive yourself. No wonder, it just simply works.
Quote from BioFreak :
The resolution somewhat sucks, so hard to make out signs for breaking points, which is something you might get used to I suppose.

Wait just a minute. I would say exactly the same thing for oculus dk2. If you still cant make out signs and it's hard to see breaking points than i have to say i'm very disappointed. All reports say that HTC and CV1 have very similar image quality. After reading this i can only hope that CV1 will be at least 2x better than HTC.
No, the Rift and Vive customer versions have the same resolution as the existing Vive headsets. Looking into the distance is definitely a weak point, along with the limited peripheral vision.
It is somewhat hard to compare a completely new technology to the evolutionary top of what screens have become. The Vive's resolution is 1080x1200 per display/eye, but in my opinion you cannot add those and say, the visuals are similar to FullHD, because they are not. It pretty much looks like 1080x1200 and given the bigger viewing angle, you lose some more details. Then again, do you really have to see everything crystal sharp from half a mile away?
Quote from luchian :I am waiting for my Gear VR, so I'm also keen on such a possibility Smile.
I've found this - if you already have the HW maybe you could give it a try ?

http://www.vrbites.com/howto/play-pc-games-in-your-gearvr/

Thank you for answering.

I don't have a NVIDIA as hardware, its a Intel core i5. It looks impossible to me.

The support team had answered my email this morning. See below.

Quote :Thank you for reaching out to Oculus support.

The games that are listed on the Oculus share site were designed to be used with the DK1 and DK2 headsets.

The only games that are compatible with the Samsung Gear VR, are the ones that are listed with in the Oculus store on your phone.

As the games and applications were developed with different software's, it is up to the developer to make them compatible with each device.

Thank you for your understanding.

Phoenix
Oculus Support

Scawen, can you make a way to upload entire setup folder at once? Also, what about a GT3/GT2 filter?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Scawen, can you make a way to upload entire setup folder at once? Also, what about a GT3/GT2 filter?

It's Victors job Tongue

Well you can select all your setups in your folder and drag them onto the setup page, it should work.
Quote from BMW-gek :Thank you for answering.

I don't have a NVIDIA as hardware, its a Intel core i5. It looks impossible to me.

The support team had answered my email this morning. See below.

Thank you. Guess I'll have to at least try when I receive my Gear VR thingy Smile.
Wow, I haven't updated in a very long time. I love the optimizations, getting a solid 500fps with full grid, amazing..

Also this is my first time playing in Ultrawide, man oh man this game looks and feels sensational like this. I won't have my Vive headset until July, but I'm having a blast in the meantime.

I really can't believe how much it's been updated since I went MIA, great work, and sooo happy to see the community thriving. Big thumbs up!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG