The online racing simulator
New version 0.6N - Updates in VR, multiplayer, audio and more
Hello Racers,

We are pleased to announce a new update with many improvements for VR, multiplayer, audio and more.

Live for Speed has some of the best VR support. It's a big month for Virtual Reality, so we thought it was a good time to make it even better. Now, a "look and click" system removes the need for a mouse. A virtual keyboard means you don't need to use the real keyboard, which was always hard with a headset on.

A new Demo filter helps you find the online races you are looking for. Other multiplayer improvements include a better steering input for remote cars and quicker horn and flash transmission. The new siren sound system was a popular update and it inspired some audio improvements. Now the doppler effect is enabled on all car sounds.

We hope you enjoy the update. Read the list of changes and how to get the update on the 0.6N information page.

- LFS Developers
#2 - BeNoM
First Smile
Everyone has 3 unlocks now.
Some nice improvements in this one. Keep it up! Smile
Good stuff. Enjoying this new update!
updating!
VWS come pls! im waiting VWS to driving cruise!
Confused

hmyeah it checks to see if you have 1.25GB available. I guess that's a bit greedy for a patch.
thanks,

Hope " new tyres physics for all cars " for the next changelog Smile.
Thanks for a doppler effect Smile

Sirens are unexpected and 'out of nowhere' but also cool.
Maybe add a feature to exchange standard horn with air horn, when sirens are ON?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJKc6om6_M
I would not class this as a bug, but just wondering if you realised you can manipulate the sirens in a replay with the /siren=x commands.
Quote from Scawen :A new Demo filter helps you find the online races you are looking for.

ThanksThumbs up
It's so great to see releases coming out more frequently! Thanks for this update, great work guys!
0.6K - December 2015
0.6M - February 2016
0.6N - March 2016
0.6O -April 2016
0.6P - May 2016
0.6R - June 2016
0.6S - July 2016
0.6T - August 2016
0.6U - September 2016
0.6W - October 2016
0.6Y - November 2016
0.6Z - December 2016
0.7A - January 2017
0.8A - March 2018
0.9A - April 2019
1.0 Release - June 2020

v1.0 in June 2020 Confirmed!

GG
Hi, had a bit of a weird issue. Shift+P occasionally results in the keyboard inputs without shift/ctrl/alt working. Rather odd bug.

Also the chat goes behind the default colours on the pit screen when this happens.
Quote from GT4_PL :[release dates predictions]

There is no delay taken into consideration and who knows if all these patches come out anyway! ^.^
Good progress, thanks for the update. MP replays are even better to watch with this patch, and I really wish I had a VR headset!
Quote from MattsterGT :Hi, had a bit of a weird issue. Shift+P occasionally results in the keyboard inputs without shift/ctrl/alt working. Rather odd bug.

Rather OLD bug. It's been happening since forever, Shift+R for restart, and you often enable the rear view at the same time that the vote is registered.
Many thanks for updating LFS. Smile

I really hope to be able to rebind the virtual keyboard in a future update (mainly on the numpad, as backspace is not the best reachable position).
Pls Update LFS Polys to 50k so you can make real smooth cars and not cubic ones
Quote from Kanade :Many thanks for updating LFS. Smile

I really hope to be able to rebind the virtual keyboard in a future update (mainly on the numpad, as backspace is not the best reachable position).

You can already do it. Just use a script.
"Layout editor now allows unmovable objects to intersect"

An Excellent!
This thread is closed

New version 0.6N - Updates in VR, multiplayer, audio and more
(74 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG