The online racing simulator
gearing, throttle etc
(6 posts, started )
gearing, throttle etc
ok, Since I have no idea on the 'inner' workings of this game YET, maybe someone would be so kind to tell me why on certain tracks and certain cars I either have no throttle and gear control, or I just can't change gear. Doesn't matter if I go into the settings and try and map it out, sometimes it just doesn't want to play the game and I leave when I want to TRY have a race. So annoying, anyway, a fix would be excellent thanks Big grin
In S1, they're all H-shifter, except the FBM and the MRT. The MRT is a special case, as it has a motorbike gearbox. This must be put "in reverse" to go into first.
If the engine is turned off/stalls then press ignition key to restart it. (Default is "i" I think)
Car has to be in N or press clutch, or of course it will stall again.

In the bmw formula you have to get off the throttle when shifting up.
In the road cars it depends on how you configured your wheel. You can use autoclutch with buttons/paddles to shift gears, then just press the buttons. Lift throttle a bit so that the clutch does not die after few laps.
Or you use H-shifter, then it goes like this: 1) press clutch 2) insert next gear 3) release clutch
(and also release throttle a bit)
ok, so say I go visit the Animal server, then change over to the AMG server, once I get to AMG, I can't move, can't change gear up or down, can rev, but that's it. I get ya have to lift off to gear up and down, I can kinda live with that, I'm using padals behind the wheel, no clutch (sadly. It shouldn't misbehave like that when switching servers?
Try cycling through the gear modes with <shift G>, and if that doesn't work, you could try reseting the controller with <shift C> (i think - could just be C, but you'll see a notification in the top left if you get it right).
thx Shirtkicker, I'll try that next time

gearing, throttle etc
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG