(177 posts, started )

Poll : Do u wanna see this to be done?

Not really.
Very much so!!
Dont care.
Sure.
that was open course apex; not point to point runs
#27 - Gunn
Quote from NaBUru38 : (...drifting tracks are relatively wide), there is no grass...

In Japan their are a few purpose-built drifting tracks that are narrow, tight and with plenty of grass. Otherwise they often use normal Japanese circuits which are also often narrow with lots of grass. I know in the US D1 contests they use a speedway or arena with walls and concrete for miles but perhaps that is due to a lack of more suitable facilities?
Gunn, there are more then plenty of suitable drift courses in the US. But they choose the Irwindale speedway (They do, right?) And I think Raceway park here in NJ, because it is a challenging track, with many twists and turns
No need for drift tracks, drifting on race tracks works perfect. The curvature of the turns are very suitable for drifting. If you like, the objects editor can add some extra features to any track like it's done in D1GP (extra barriers and cones)
But why not? You dont have to play it if u dont want, so it doesnt matter. I say we need them : )
#31 - Jakg
Quote from lilsh4d :But why not? You dont have to play it if u dont want, so it doesnt matter. I say we need them : )

i say its downright stupid asking for drifting tracks when you have never even driven anything other than BL, most "drift tracks" are race tracks, and there are some great corners for it in S2
yeah it is pretty noobish to ask for a drift track.
Can you explain me what on earth a "Drift track" is?! I mean look at all of those Drift Championships, do they really have "Drifting tracks" to drift? All of the tracks are racing tracks, sometimes re-arranged with some objects (tire walls, barriers, etc...).
Quote from xapexcivicx :Gunn, there are more then plenty of suitable drift courses in the US. But they choose the Irwindale speedway (They do, right?) And I think Raceway park here in NJ, because it is a challenging track, with many twists and turns

Silly Apex, Raceway Park (englishtown) is for the kickass clubloose events. Come out to one maybe I'll go sometime too. And it's at the paddock, not on the track, so its sort of like autox with the local drivers (can you say matt petty, jr, colin, and brian) kicking it every month. Formula D NJ is at Wall Speedway. which is like an oval with a little pass through to make like a figure 8...

Back on topic, I think the tracks we have in LFS are, for the most part, a lot better than the tracks in real life. Sorry, but I'd much rather drift at Aston than at a track like Irwindale or Wall Speedway.
Drift tracks are usually race tracks, as said maybe modified with cones, tyre walls etc but still race tracks. Another thing is drift events rarely use alot of corners, if you watch they use very few corners. So if you want that run BL1R and take chicane and follwing corner or FE black reversed double chicane and left hander - both sets of corners are easily linkable.
-1 from me, didnt vote though as theres no "i dont think its a good idea at all" option
Quote from jspec :Can you explain me what on earth a "Drift track" is?! I mean look at all of those Drift Championships, do they really have "Drifting tracks" to drift? All of the tracks are racing tracks, sometimes re-arranged with some objects (tire walls, barriers, etc...).

yeah thats it. there are gymkahana tracks made specificly for drifting. but most of the time it is like you say.
Does a drift track have a lot of mirrored windows nearby so you can park your car and do that thing with the reversed decals?

Just asking, honest.
I don't drift but I think it's always good to learn more car control. A drift track would offer training possibilites.
I won't bother reading the posts from what.. 4 months ago? I'll just say this; LFS is a racing simulator. Drifting is not racing. Case closed.
Quote from speedfreak227 :i don't drift and it doesn't interest me at all, but i think it would be good to have a track with nice corners for the drifters.

i think it was the original need for speed undergraound that had drifting events. it was kinda fun to do.

if it improves the member base then i say go for it.

speedfreak227

Precisely, if its been in NFSU then you won't find it here. LFS is almost 100% crap clean.
great... here comes the drift bashing from the ignorant people -_-
Quote from Gabkicks :great... here comes the drift bashing from the ignorant people -_-

not bashing drifting, bashing nfsu

EDIT: whilst trying to post this post i got laughed at by the forum:
Attached images
Picture1.jpg
Quote from lilsh4d :But why not? You dont have to play it if u dont want, so it doesnt matter. I say we need them : )

Get S2 first, then after knowing ALL the tracks and configs available it might be feasible to ask more.

Plus, most drifters have a field day on the tracks available already.
yeah, the demo users probably arent aware that in s2 you can put down cones, barriers and tires and different start finnish points on tracks as well as checkpoints. plus we have the autocross and skidpat and parkinglot
I have been playing LFS for a long time. And for a good while everyone, it seems, has a thing against drifters, but why? Just because your not in to it? I am not in to rally racing, so why are there rally tracks? Just because I dont like them, they should not be included? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Saying Drifting isn't a real sport, or isn't a real style of racing is just ignorant. Just because its not what your used to does not mean its not real. LFS is indeed a racing simulator, Drifting is a style of racing, as is autocross, rally, grip, and any other type people like to play.

quit being "LFS RL sim grip" fanboys and let the people who purchase the game play it how they want to. Thats why you can host personal servers and load what ever track you want.

Give us a mountian run map or 2 and just leave it at that. Sure all the other tracks are great, you can drift just fine, theres plenty of good turns. So what, there are alot more tracks in real life then that, so what not be able to play some? If you dont like it, so what? who cares if you dont like it, dont join the server and stay in your regulars. It will make absolutely no difference to your playing experience at all, everything will remain the same, you can play just the same as you always have. But people will be able to stop spending all there time bitching on the forums and be able to play the tracks they want.

So please, quit being babys.
Quote from m374llic4 :I have been playing LFS for a long time. And for a good while everyone, it seems, has a thing against drifters, but why? Just because your not in to it? I am not in to rally racing, so why are there rally tracks? Just because I dont like them, they should not be included? Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Saying Drifting isn't a real sport, or isn't a real style of racing is just ignorant. Just because its not what your used to does not mean its not real. LFS is indeed a racing simulator, Drifting is a style of racing, as is autocross, rally, grip, and any other type people like to play.

quit being "LFS RL sim grip" fanboys and let the people who purchase the game play it how they want to. Thats why you can host personal servers and load what ever track you want.

Give us a mountian run map or 2 and just leave it at that. Sure all the other tracks are great, you can drift just fine, theres plenty of good turns. So what, there are alot more tracks in real life then that, so what not be able to play some? If you dont like it, so what? who cares if you dont like it, dont join the server and stay in your regulars. It will make absolutely no difference to your playing experience at all, everything will remain the same, you can play just the same as you always have. But people will be able to stop spending all there time bitching on the forums and be able to play the tracks they want.

So please, quit being babys.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Quote from m374llic4 :Saying Drifting isn't a real sport, or isn't a real style of racing is just ignorant.

Actually, you are the ignorant one. Drifting isn't racing. It is about the visual aspect, the skill aspect, and of course the showmanship. In racing, the first to the finish lines wins, barring disqualification. In drifting, you are given a score based on various criteria, therefore, it is not racing. Drifting is the automotive equivalent of figure skating. (If you take that as an insult, then you truly are ignorant.)
It is a legitimate form of motorsport, but it is not racing.

Now, I will go back to my argument; LFS is a racing simulator. As per my comments above, drifting is not racing and thus, special accomodations should not have to be given.
yes i dont like seeing the words drifting and racing in the same thread. its sorta like comparing figureskating to speed skating.

except with drifting competitions its like two figureskaters trying to pull off the same move simultaneuosly while trying and trying to go faster than the other one if possible
Quote from MAGGOT :Actually, you are the ignorant one. Drifting isn't racing. It is about the visual aspect, the skill aspect, and of course the showmanship. In racing, the first to the finish lines wins, barring disqualification. In drifting, you are given a score based on various criteria, therefore, it is not racing. Drifting is the automotive equivalent of figure skating. (If you take that as an insult, then you truly are ignorant.)
It is a legitimate form of motorsport, but it is not racing.

Now, I will go back to my argument; LFS is a racing simulator. As per my comments above, drifting is not racing and thus, special accomodations should not have to be given.

Ok, that being said, Running on a skid pad isnt racing either, so get rid of it? No. Its part of what we refer to as motorsports, (aka racing) not nessecaraly the dictionary definition of racing, but a sport or activity done with cars.

So is drifting.

This is seriously starting to get old now...the meaning and objective of my post remains. Take it as you will.
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : I can just make one post instead of two!
Quote from MAGGOT :Drifting is the automotive equivalent of figure skating.

Drifting : Figure Skating :: Racing : Speed Skating

Quote from m374llic4 :Running on a skid pad isnt racing either, so get rid of it?

Why do you think there is a skidpad? Because it aides you in making setups for racing. And, I do not see how you can make that comparison. No-one said anything about getting rid of drifting, just not adding special accomadations (sp?). Sorry to sound harsh.

Drift Tracks needed!!
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG