The online racing simulator
Automobilista
(27 posts, started )
Automobilista
Here is a review of the Beta version (Feb 24) Rally Cross for the latest update to '(SHOUTING) STOCK CAR EXTREME !!!!'

Full release is slightly delayed;

But I've yet to hear of any major (or minor) problems from the beta testers.

It is a step up from '(SHOUTING) STOCK CAR EXTREME !!!!' so I'll post an independant review ASAP.

Meanwhile; https://www.carthrottle.com/post/8-things-you-need-to-know-before-automobilista-releases-this-weekend/

(Disclaimer: I love Stock Car Extreme, so I'm really looking forward to trying the full release and watching it's ongoing development)

"Even a mid-level PC can run Automobilista. The minimum system requirements include a 1.8GHz processor, 4GB RAM, and a DX9-compatible graphics card with a mere 1GB memory. The recommended specs aren’t too bad, either: 3.4GHz processor, 16GB RAM and a DX9-compatible graphics card with 2GB. Of course, the faster your PC, the faster the reality is rendered on your screen and delivered to your force feedback wheel."

My opinion of Stock Car Extreme. (Not Automobilista)
Physics are behind LFS.
Netcode is well behind LFS,
Car choice, Ahead of LFS. (Karts)
Graphics, Ahead of LFS.
User created/downloaded tracks, there is a winner for me. I want NZ/Aussi tracks thank you.
Racer X, do you not know that Automobilista is out
Yes, I do know that. Big grin

Automobilista - Every Car in the Game
"A rough outlap in each car + trackside camera to give you a good feel for the range of cars in the game.
I brushed over some of the karts, this video is feature length as it is."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-P4Wj62Ac
Is this an rFactor mod, a different game? I'm confused.
It uses the rFactor engine for a base but it is vastly improved upon every where else.
Quote from k_badam :It uses the rFactor engine for a base but it is vastly improved upon every where else.

Let's call things the proper name, it's a paid rFactor mod Smile
Just like ac is nkpro paid mod.
Automobilista is very impressive, a step up from GSCE. I was first up to critize their crowd funding, but I was wrong.

As an xbox controller user, I wish they could just improve that. LFS and AC work perfectly, but Automobilista is quite unforgiving. I used to be a G25 man, but too busy now.

Ignoring that small gripe, it is a fantastic sim.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Let's call things the proper name, it's a paid rFactor mod Smile

This is horseshit, it is much better than rFactor.

Typical lazy ignorant comment fro Boris Lozac, embarrassing himself in public yet again.
Quote from Hyperactive :Just like ac is nkpro paid mod.

It's their own engine/game, and haven't they like started from zero with AC? In any case it's their own thing.
It's like Samsung calls Touchwiz their "OS", and sell it like Touchwiz OS..

Quote from petercollins :This is horseshit, it is much better than rFactor.

Typical lazy ignorant comment fro Boris Lozac, embarrassing himself in public yet again.

Who are you again?
Never mind who I am, just take a look at yourself and start being a man. Yes, you've embarrassed yourself over and over here, but it is not too late. Get off the internet, sort yourself out and become a real man.
Oh my god, you're THE PeterCollins from AC forums, you are calling someone an embarassment? roflmao
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh my god, you're THE PeterCollins from AC forums, you are calling someone an embarassment? roflmao

Boy is my face red Schwitz

Grow up.
You really have the nerve to call someone to grow up.

I just couldn't believe the jiberish you posted there, i think you were also banned. So just stop comunnicating with me, don't reply, don't mention me, go get some treatment..
Quote from Hyperactive :Just like ac is nkpro paid mod.

Also iR is pumped up version of NASCAR2003 and pCars is Need for Speed:Shift with different tires and X is Y. Smile

There are so games using the rFactor/isi-engine.
To be honest with GSCE I could only tell by looking at the files. Maybe that is different for people more familiar with rF games and mods, but it did not instantly give me a feeling of "Oh, that is an rfactor mod."
(Automobilista I have not tried. Appearently owners of GSCE got it for free. But I had bought GSCE on DVD when by random I saw it for reduced price in a real store, so I think then it does not work.)
The message from Reiza said that non-Steam GCSE owners would be eligible for a free copy of Automobilista upon adding GCSE to Steam. I don't know whether it was a limited-time deal (i.e. before Stea EA release) and whether it required a key or something.
Quote from Gutholz :(Automobilista I have not tried. Appearently owners of GSCE got it for free. But I had bought GSCE on DVD when by random I saw it for reduced price in a real store, so I think then it does not work.)

You could try to contact the devs and explain your situation. They tend to be quite nice, maybe you're lucky and get a discount. Smile

For Automobilista, I've just scratched its surface after several hours of both GSCE and AMS. It's a real grower for me. Especially in the sound department it's a blast!
If you had GSCE on steam (either bought or added) before January 6th you would get Automobilista for free. As smove said the best chance you have is to contact the devs.
It's got a heck of a lot going for it. Definitely not just a paid R Factor mod.
It's not as refined as LFS overall but still a really fun and immersive sim for me.
Servers don't work for me. It says "Current session closed" every time I try to join. And yes, I know how to join the servers.
It does that for me sometimes but what it means is that they are in the middle of a race or warmup and it is too late to join.
Oh... That stupid AC system. How do I know which servers I can join?
1.0 is about to be released today:

It is still kinda rfactor but it has several key improvements (like the ffb for example). Online is very empty though, hopefully with the 1.0 release it picks up.

Gave Automobilista a chance and a decent amount of hours. Uninstalled all of my other sims apart from rFactor 2 and Dirt Rally for those that will accept it as a sim (I know plenty won't). AMS has ruined others for me, unfortunately. It feels fantastic to drive!

Automobilista
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG