The online racing simulator
Kyoto Ring Mountain Scenery
(17 posts, started )
#1 - smove
Hello folks,

I decided to give the Kyoto surroundings a small overhaul and put them into a little more alpine setting.

All you need to do is to replace the file HGAmount.dds in your LFS/data/dds folder by the one in the attached ZIP file. Please don't forget to save a backup of your original file first!

Thoughts and critics welcome, as always! Smile

Attached images
lfs_00000019.jpg
lfs_00000021.jpg
lfs_00000022.jpg
Kyoto_Ring_mountain_scenery_by_smove.jpg
Attached files
HGAmount_ALP.zip - 1.6 MB - 5143 views
Thanks! Which Sky and Track textures are you using?
#3 - smove
Track textures should be stock if I'm correct, and for the sky I use this one that's based on a panorama texture I found on the web. If you'd like to use it you need to convert it to RAW, though.
Attached images
Skysunny7.jpg
Thanks Mate! I just converted it, it looks not bad :-) But on your screen it looks more nice. Do you really use the original textures Taped Shut They are sooo low Ya right

I am using this ones, could not find any higher resolution till now.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/83915-Kyoto-Ring-2013-Textures

For the sky it would be nice to have a 4K or 8K textures. Would be nice to have some.

But your landscape is really nice. Now I can switch bewtween Lynce's and yours Thumbs up
#5 - smove
This is a nice large texture :-) Yesterday I was creating some 8K asphalt textures for Aston, but LFS didn't load 8K textures. Same here... I made an 8K *.raw file but got an error from LFS while loading track. So I guess maximum size is 4K. Maybe Scawen could clear this..

The 4K texture looks a little bit better, but there are some points to do with the colors and some other stuff need to be worked on , which were getting bad while bringing it to spherical map.

Maybe other sky textures would be better to work on. Could you link some other sky textures , maybe some with less clouds?
Doublepost^^

I found the thread were you got the texture and found some other good textures.Thumbs up I built a new sky for afternoon / evening, for example for "cloudy afternoon" driving @ Kyoto.

Here some pics of my first made sky:
Attached images
preview1.jpg
preview2.jpg
preview4.jpg
For some reason, last 2 links take me to my own dropbox account Smile
Thumbs up
Quote from sinanju :For some reason, last 2 links take me to my own dropbox account Smile

I uploaded it again. Now it should workSmile
Fantastic work as always.

In your quality line.
Quote from Lynce :Fantastic work as always.

In your quality line.

Thank you, much appreciated!
Quote from cr4zyFiST :Doublepost^^

I found the thread were you got the texture and found some other good textures.Thumbs up I built a new sky for afternoon / evening, for example for "cloudy afternoon" driving @ Kyoto.

Here some pics of my first made sky:

Most sky textures of this source seem to be generated in a 3D software which makes them look quite artificial, at least the dawn ones. Quite entertaining, but for the same reason not overly realistic and a bit too overdrawn if you bring the rather toned down original LFS graphics to your mind. Nevertheless, they somehow work with the textures you're using. Did you post-process any of the screenshots?
Yeah, the quality is not bad, but I dont feel a higher level than a 2048 px sky. It could be sharper for my view, but even it looks really nice. Yes, screenshots are taken with activated shader and modified postprocess. So, if you would disable shader, brightness would be much less and you would see more details of the clouds. Problem is, that with deactivated shader LFS Looks really poor, so it is a compromise for sure.
The file is there and downloadable, and the zip extracts perfectly. Haven't been able to test ingame though.
Thanks! Thumbs up

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG