The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
We are online testing at the "testing" host.

It's sicotange's new system for multiple races on a single server.

Please join, it's fun! Smile

You should first update to K26.
Quote from Scawen :We are online testing at the "testing" host.

It's sicotange's new system for multiple races on a single server.

Please join, it's fun! Smile

You should first update to K26.

when we will have the official uptade ?
Quote from Driftkn :when we will have the official uptade ?

Tomorrow most likely.
Quote from Scawen :After Thursday's Test Patch, the plan is to do a full release on Saturday.

Thanks for the testing, it was fun. Sicotange still has some issues to iron out, but soon there will be genuine multiple races on one server! Smile
Look what I did using new stuff in InSim Big grin

Thanks Scawen LFS
Quote from cargame.nl :It seems crashing into these tire walls produces now zero damage? Is it me or wasn't this different?

No, it is not only you, I got even dragged to inside
Can anyone confirm this?

Start LFS, don't go beyond entry screen, as soon as you send TINY_AXM LFS crashes.
Quote from cargame.nl :It seems crashing into these tire walls produces now zero damage? Is it me or wasn't this different?

It was the same. Those objects use a "trunk" collision system as used on many trees and fixed posts. It's very efficient but damage has not been implemented for that.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Can anyone confirm this?

Start LFS, don't go beyond entry screen, as soon as you send TINY_AXM LFS crashes.

Confirmed and fixed, thank you.
Using 0.6K26 and tested this:

"If car starts outside path it will keep searching to find the path"

However, when I tested this with AI and added start position on purpose outside the track (and made that AI filled that start position), this text appeared:

Could not find position in path: [My Player name]

In this case, should this text appear instead:

Could not find position in path: [AI-driver name]
Attached images
PathBug.jpg
Quote :Thanks for the testing, it was fun. Sicotange still has some issues to iron out, but soon there will be genuine multiple races on one server! Smile

I found my InSim timeout bug: looped over a layout with a byte but when the layout is bigger than 255 objects -> infinite loop causing timeout. That's why my big offroad layout caused issues and not Karting or Touring both being layouts under 255 objects. So my mistake!

A few things still need to be ironed out but running 3 races (Karting, Touring, Offroad) on the same server with startlights triggered by InSim seems to work well. Anyone is welcome to join testing for a quick test of this Smile

POTENTIAL BUG:

Something I report on behalf of player finland69. He got message "Can't have the same name as another driver" when he false started (my program then does /spec on him). He then quickly joined back from pits and at the same time I restarted the race so an IS_JRR was sent to spawn him on grid. Could it be something related to IS_JRR and join request by player? In the end it's just a message so nothing to worry about (?).
-
(SimulatorRental.com) DELETED by SimulatorRental.com : miss read a post
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG