The online racing simulator
IP 109.201.154.200 completely blocked from LFS?
I can't even connect to my own servers anymore. Why is this?

I now need to use Tor to make this thread :S

Can't give LFS attention anymore now while watching a tv program [idiotic country IP blocks].
** Best answer **
No, because other IPs from this VPN are in another filter (@RTL; you have no rights to watch this because you are in another country or using Anonymous Proxy blabla). Besides, I also use this because half Youtube is gone with a German IP. This one is working again on LFS thanks Big grin

* It wouldn't have been such a problem if this was only web related but this was also affecting the LFS main server I discovered. First I had no idea what was going on, I thought LFS was down completely.
This is clearly cargame testing us on our knowledge of copyright and the legality of streaming TV from another country on VPN's

The problem is that the case you have described has you are breaking the law and engaging in illegal activity.
The TV program is not legally available in your country so using a VPN to watch it is illegal.
The EU is in the process of cracking down on this as it is considered piracy.

"Paul Gordon, IP, technology and media lawyer for Finlayson’s law firm told Techly that using a VPN to stream content could cost you up to $10,200 and the potential for legal action by the content owner.
Mr Gordon said paying to stream content may make you feel good, but legally it’s no different from piracy.
“Legally it might be a different section of the Copyright Act but even if you’re streaming, it’s no different to using copyright material without a license,” he said.""

I'll go for bonus points and point out that there are forum rules against promoting or supporting illegal activity. Smile

Good try cargame Big grin
Ah another uneducated comment. You need to study better, it is legal in my country. Lots of stuff is legal in my country, look at my flag.

When are you start minding your own business, go back to school or something. Do something useful with your life. Not this, this is leading to nowhere.

Check your EU laws and rules, I posted a link for you. Holland is no longer an independent country when it comes to these laws.
https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/eu-copyright-legislation

"The EU copyright legislation is a set of ten directives, which harmonise essential rights of authors and of performers, producers and broadcasters. By setting harmonised standards, the EU law reduces national discrepancies, ensures the level of protection required to foster creativity and investment in creativity, promotes cultural diversity and ensures better access for consumers and business to digital content and services across Europe."
Talk to the chair. I walked away, bye.
LOL, good old(ish) cargame and his fun tests.

It's great that he's posted here pointing out how easy it is to break the law under EU, US and TPPA laws that affect copyright. You might think, reading the above that cargame isn't up with the latest EU laws, but we all know he really is. That's why he set this test for us.

Remember, fellow LFSers, these laws are in place and being stupid and saying online that you are breaking them is not a good idea.

If the Internet Police read online that you are breaking laws, then you will have a bad time.

Thanks cargame for helping us teach the LFS community about safe, legal internet use. Smile

IP 109.201.154.200 completely blocked from LFS?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG