The online racing simulator
Should I buy Logitech G27?
(31 posts, started )
Hello,
I started with driving lessons, I had G27 a year ago and used it for 2 weeks just for fun.. If I buy this again and play LFS, is it gonna help me with driving and pass the test?
I kinda feel like I miss the game either
LFS will surely help you understand the car handling better and gain confidence in driving. However, I don't think it will help you pass the test, since the test is only about basic driving and traffic rules.
I could see how it could give you an edge over simple things like basic car control or gear changes. But frankly the hardest part of driving tests isn't really controlling a car, but doing so in a city environment, with lots of other road users around you, while respecting traffic rules. I'm not sure if LFS can help you with this, but if it can, cruise servers would be a good place to try.
Is there any cheaper wheels that good enough?
Getting used to handle the clutch and those things sure helps you in the first practices you do in a real car, though in the long term, as said above, you'll have to deal with other people, traffic rules, etc.

A G27 makes LFS that more fun, so I would advise to get it anyway hehe
Quote from Laxure :Is there any cheaper wheels that good enough?

Good thing with the G27 is that it has a clutch pedal and a H-shifter. Something you will struggle to find with cheaper wheels. And the absence of it kind of defeats the purpose of real-life road training. I don't recommend buying anything second hand, wheels(or rather pedals in fact, especially from Logitech) are quite fragile.

Of course, buying a G27 just for training purposes doesn't seem like a very good deal. You might aswell buy a few extra driving lessons instead, and still have some spare money for other stuff. But if you're really interested in playing LFS again(and other sims/games), then yea... it's worth itSmile
Is there any other simulation games with clutch? NO RACING GAMES
Quote from Laxure :Is there any other simulation games with clutch? NO RACING GAMES

euro truck sim
american truck sim

if you still looking for a wheel i have a modded g27 if you want .
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :euro truck sim
american truck sim

if you still looking for a wheel i have a modded g27 if you want .

I got the G27 now, but I want a simulator of normal car please
Quote from Laxure :I got the G27 now, but I want a simulator of normal car please

oh ok , well if you dont like trucks you also have omsi and city car driving
I was about to mention City Car Driving, I was wondering if it was worth the money?
If you put what you learn in the lessons into practice on a LFS cruise server, it can be really decent. I used to play on demo the whole time on my old account with the G27, and it's a really cool place to get a good foundation of driving techniques, so you can go in with a somewhat decent knowledge of them when trying them in a car.
Quote from Laxure :Hello,
I started with driving lessons, I had G27 a year ago and used it for 2 weeks just for fun.. If I buy this again and play LFS, is it gonna help me with driving and pass the test?
I kinda feel like I miss the game either

Where do you live? Will make sure I steer clear of those roads when I visit again. Wink
Just get more driving lessons.
Quote from Laxure :Hello,

If anything, it will probably be detrimental. Without anyone to correct small mistakes, any bad habits you pick up will only get worse.

I agree with Mouseman - pay for more lessons for best results Smile
Hello, please - i have G27 and now havent in LFS force feedback (in game "on"), only auto centering spring Frown
other games are ok...
Try pressing shift-C in game.
nothing Frown in game FF200% and nothing...
Bit obvious but Options/Controls/ Axes/FF then Force Feedback = yes

If that's on then it should work, assuming everything is mapped correctly etc.
I run a G27 and that is all I needed to do Smile
Attached is a snip of my setup screen for my G27.
Attached images
lfs ffb.JPG
Quote from drakox :Hello, please - i have G27 and now havent in LFS force feedback (in game "on"), only auto centering spring Frown
other games are ok...

You could also try running the Logitech Profiler and look in the Options menu for Global Device Settings

Try these settings:

Degrees of rotation will depend on what car you are driving - i find it is always best to adjust that here rather than in-game. You might note that Allow game to adjust settings is checked, but this doesn't always work, for some reason. For me at least :/
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
is exactly how it got set Frown
But in the game still does not work force feedback, only automatic centering. The game is reinstaling and nothing :/
Maybe you are forcing a profile in the Profiler that overrides you FFB settings?
before everything worked ... :/

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG