The online racing simulator
How do I fix the TPC Socket : Bind Failed for a server?
Im confused by what that means. Any help?
It's TCP not TPC socket but you are not very helpful with describing your problem. You get this error when you try to create a server?

One of the reasons can be one or more firewall software program blocking the creation of ports or simply an invalid port number is specified.
It says TCP Socket : Bind Failed and it won't let me make a server the port is the standard port and I have put my IP Address in. Is it that I need a port number or is it a firewall software? And if it is a firewall thing how do I turn it off so I can start a server?
You have put your IP address? Your external IP address maybe, this shouldn't be used with most home configurations as most home configurations have a router with a NAT environment so every device gets a local IP address in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x range.

In short, leave the IP address on auto if you use the graphical setup interface of LFS or if you are using the config file+dedi host program don't define the IP address at all.
So if I do that, will I be able to still make it public so my friends and other people can join?
go to ipchicken.com and get your ip address. Put that in the cfg and it should be fine aslong as all the ports are open Smile
So how do I know if the ports are open?
Login into your modem/router and open port 63392, if you wanna go the easy way. Make your friends download hamachi. You can find alot of tutorials about Hamachi on youtube.

Or you can go a even easier way and order a server.
Quote from jmkiller22 :go to ipchicken.com and get your ip address. Put that in the cfg and it should be fine

I just explained you must -NOT- do this. Great topic.
lol
then put in the ipv4 address of your pc Smile. Same shit happends If he wanna play with friends online.
Thx guys it worked
Thanks for the feedback Smile

How do I fix the TPC Socket : Bind Failed for a server?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG