The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2016: Rules Book
I couldn't find (or I missed) the right name format for the race? What is it?
Also, the pole-sitter will lead the the grid through the formation lap "at safety car speed". What is the safety car speed? Determined or casual?
What is the safety car procedure? Are we obliged to immediately reduce speed to a certain number or just continue until we reach the SC?
What is red flag procedure?
Any yellow flag procedures?

I'm new to this, you guys may already know all this stuff.
Tnx!
Giving a license to the fastest lap holder could result in guys with nothing to lose pitting for R2s and doing qualifying runs in the middle of the race, which kind of defeats the point of a 250 kilometers event IMO.

In GP2/GP3 there are additional points for fastest laps, but you need to be in the top 10 to score them, which does a good enough job at preventing this kind of shenanigans.

Looking great otherwiseSmile
Quote from sermilan :I couldn't find (or I missed) the right name format for the race? What is it?
Also, the pole-sitter will lead the the grid through the formation lap "at safety car speed". What is the safety car speed? Determined or casual?
What is the safety car procedure? Are we obliged to immediately reduce speed to a certain number or just continue until we reach the SC?
What is red flag procedure?
Any yellow flag procedures?

I'm new to this, you guys may already know all this stuff.

Safety Car Speed is annouced in the driver's briefing, which usually takes place between the end of gridding and the start of the formation lap. Usually, it's 130kph/80mph except on tighter tracks, so I'd presume it's there. We'll discuss it and decide on final SC speed before race day.

On the formation lap, "maintan SC speed" is a guide, not a requirement. We have never penalized a driver for going faster (or slower!) than SC speed. Usually SC speed is good for all as the field doesn't get spread out (which increased time sat on the grid while everyone forms up) and lets people get a chance to build some heat. Polesitter chooses, but most polesitters have tried to keep at a reasonable pace to keep from falling off!

Remember also, that when the SC is deployed, as per rule "drivers are to cease racing for position and gently slow down and be alert for any situation on track..." - Interpretation is that drivers need not immediately slow down, but must be prudent and aware of any situation (accident or response vehicle) that may be in their path. You can continue at near race-pace to catch the SC queue. Local Yellows are not monitored, if protested can be penalized and if observed to have not slown down or otherwise attempted to acknowledge the local yellow either as part of a protested incident or as part of an admin incident review.

The rest should be self explanatory in the Sporting Code Smile

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Giving a license to the fastest lap holder could result in guys with nothing to lose pitting for R2s and doing qualifying runs in the middle of the race, which kind of defeats the point of a 250 kilometers event IMO.

In GP2/GP3 there are additional points for fastest laps, but you need to be in the top 10 to score them, which does a good enough job at preventing this kind of shenanigans.

Looking great otherwiseSmile

We will consider amending the Fastest Lap award.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG