The online racing simulator
S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
I would rather know the age of the kid,who demands stuff for free just because he's "loyal".
Also, it is not just like buying a beer or a new car. This is an add-on to a sim we all own. Not buying puts us at a disadvantage for online racing, laptimes, etc. etc.

LFS, like any game, becomes a club.

If your favourite band, who you've seen live dozens of times, bought all their albums, suddenly charged you £12 for one new song (recorded in 2008) you would be pissed off big time.

Yes you may not buy it, but what would you think of them? You'd think they were money-grabbing c*nts.
Quote from Mizil :Admittedly, I've bought S3, as my opinion is that i'm not paying 12 pounds(= 17€ @Spoody Gonzalez) for Rockingham, but i'm paying for future releases.

I've developed a racing sim miles better than LFS that will blow you away. Just pay me £12 now and I'll deliver it to you very soon.....at least by 2022. Actually it may not appear at all, because my motivation for doing any work will vanish once you pay me in advance with no contractual obligation for me to do anything.

Thanks!
Quote from petercollins :I've developed a racing sim miles better than LFS that will blow you away. Just pay me £12 now and I'll deliver it to you very soon.....at least by 2022. Actually it may not appear at all, because my motivation for doing any work will vanish once you pay me in advance with no contractual obligation for me to do anything.

Thanks!

Nice, but I've bought LFS when I tested the demo, your remark isn't legit.
Afterwards I've bought the updates when I liked them.

They are giving people the option the buy it, or to leave it, you can still play S2 or S1.
Wouldn't it be much worse that everyone HAD to buy S3 in order to keep playing online?
Quote from Mizil :Nice, but I've bought LFS when I tested the demo, your remark isn't legit.
Afterwards I've bought the updates when I liked them.

They are giving people the option the buy it, or to leave it, you can still play S2 or S1.
Wouldn't it be much worse that everyone HAD to buy S3 in order to keep playing online?

That would be illegal, as the purchase of S1 and S2 guarantees online play. It's all in the terms and conditions.

So your point is pure crap.
Wasn't in the terms and conditions also something like "you're buying software as is"? And yet you want now more...
Quote from Eclipsed :Wasn't in the terms and conditions also something like "you're buying software as is"? And yet you want now more...

What are you on about?

I want more what?

WTF
Quote from petercollins :Absolutely right. Also, I would love to know the ages of

monumental rip-off, a piss take of ... It is a kick in the teeth to ... They can stick up their arse,

The way you are writing it seems that you are 13. Glad that you are not on s3 Big grin
It should have, it's worthless! A boring, formulaic non-entity UK track scanned years ago! Who gives a sh*t?

They want £12 for it!

You've bought it already - they are laughing at you.
In Assetto Corsa, a player who'd never designed a track in his life, designed and released this in less than a year, while holding a full time job and getting married.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BYAof1-n8

He charged nothing for it, but no doubt received many donations as it is widely regarded to be the best mod track in AC.

£12 for Rockingham? A joke
People who are comparing have a really aggressive, depressive life. Treasure what you have, welcome new positive additions. I recommend to go to a good psychiatrist. Costs money though. A lot.
Quote from cargame.nl :People who are comparing have a really aggressive, depressive life. Treasure what you have, welcome new positive additions. I recommend to go to a good psychiatrist. Costs money though. A lot.

So i'm "aggressive, depressive" because I've decided not to pay £12 for one add-on track, because I think it's not worth it.

Whereas, if I had just paid the £12 that would be a "positive addition".

Well mate, ignorance is bliss and you are a shining example of that.

Forrest Gump was always happy.
Since VWS announcement and all the stories that follows, you can understand that Scavier are not willing to promise stuffs anymore.
Note that Scawen already stated that Eric has 2 tracks at a high level of built (do not know if Rockingham was included or not ... I suppose not), so we can expect them to be released in a near future (S3).
Another car is mentionned on the first Rockingham announcement ... maybe there are more already at an advanced stage (do you remember Victor saying they may plan to release a rally pack : most probaly some stuffs were already done). But definetly, S3 will not be composed from "only" one track.
And if you follow Scawen's activities recently on the forum, you cannot suppose the team is demotivated and is willing only to get some cash and say bye bye the day after.
Quote from petercollins :I've decided not to pay £12 for one add-on track, because I think it's not worth it.

Well,don't pay. Where's the problem? You like it in AC and according to LFSW,you have barely bothered to race LFS online,so seems like AC is the best choice for you. What's the deal with this verbal diarrhea? Bored late at night? Go sleep,relax your nerves...
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,don't pay. Where's the problem? You like it in AC and according to LFSW,you have barely bothered to race LFS online,so seems like AC is the best choice for you. What's the deal with this verbal diarrhea? Bored late at night? Go sleep,relax your nerves...

Ahem. again my problem with this...

"Also, it is not just like buying a beer or a new car. This is an add-on to a sim we all own. Not buying puts us at a disadvantage for online racing, laptimes, etc. etc.

LFS, like any game, becomes a club.

If your favourite band, who you've seen live dozens of times, bought all their albums, suddenly charged you £12 for one new song (recorded in 2008) you would be pissed off big time.

Yes you may not buy it, but what would you think of them? You'd think they were money-grabbing c*nts."
You know, there used to be a time when everyone agreed with everyone else and every new idea was a positive one. If you disagreed with it, you were seen as negative and holding back progress.

It was called Nazi Germany.
Quote from petercollins :So i'm "aggressive, depressive" because I've decided not to pay £12 for one add-on track,

Well.. If you want to go the comparing way... Which, it seems like you really insist to.. I have Assetto Corsa too. Even more extreme, I have DreamPack 1. But guess what.. I didn't touched it for over a year anymore. Pack2 and 3 I couldn't care less for. If they release 511.000 other tracks and 48.000 other cars then I still couldn't be bothered. But do you see me moaning there? Lol, in fact racingdepartment, this forum... Where you need to pay just to be on the forum... That forum even made a petition with some suggestions/demands whatever. Got laughed at by the AC devs.

So whats your point? I don't know. I just see someone lost in life, like half the world seems to be nowadays.

Quote from petercollins :Forrest Gump was always happy.

Yoda too. Movies, aren't they great. You need to pay though, to see it once! Crazy.
Quote from Flotch :And if you follow Scawen's activities recently on the forum, you cannot suppose the team is demotivated and is willing only to get some cash and say bye bye the day after.

I follow the thoughts of a previous poster and reckon this is one last attempt to squeeze money out of the LFS existing fanbase.

Good timing too, with Christmas a few days away....people tend to be reckless with spending.

I wonder how long Rockingham has been festering? Reminds me of when Obama announced Bin Laden was dead, just in time for election day.

"Where's his body Barrack?"
"Emmmm....we threw it in the sea"
"Funny, cos you paraded Gadaffi and Saddam Hussein all over the newspapers? Are you sure he wasn't killed ages ago and you're dragging it out now for votes?"
"What a negative disloyal US citizen you are. Next question"
Quote from petercollins :It was called Nazi Germany.

Oh God you are this kind of internet hero. When there is no other option left, fall back to 1945.

Lol .. Australia, how on earth can somebody from that part of the world have an opinion about that. Two hands are not enough to facepalm. Discussion is over. You have 'won' (*kidding* Big grin )
Quote from cargame.nl :So whats your point? I don't know. I just see someone lost in life, like half the world seems to be nowadays.

wtf??!?!?!?!

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahaa
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh God you are this kind of internet hero. When there is no other option left, fall back to 1945.

Lol .. Australia, how on earth can somebody from that part of the world have an opinion about that. Two hands are not enough to facepalm. Discussion is over. You have 'won' (*kidding* Big grin )

....and finally an insult to Australia. Apart from handing over £12, have you any arguments whatsoever?

If not, I've got loads of magic beans for sale...
Simply put, the ONLY criteria one can logically have as to whether to buy S3 or not is what it has with it...one circuit. Anything more or less is illogical, and unfounded. You cannot safely use any past happenings to decide whether 12 GBP are worth it now or not. "Past Performance is not indicative of Future Results" is the phrase that comes to mind.

To my mind, there is NOTHING wrong with the current package of LFS. Slow development or not, it was always there for use, be it leagues or offline or pickup. The potential was always there, just the slow development took out basically everything as collateral. The fact that people still put in effort to organize events and still have people showing up, although numbers are poor, shows that it's still a solid foundation. The structure is still there, this is just an addition to the already existing house. The entire thing isn't destroyed because of the possibility to add another thing.

It flies in the face of those who still try to run events to have people call the game "dead". It is unquestionably the MINDSET of the community which is dead, NOT the game. Every time someone comes back to LFS to try a new thing in the past few months, I see them say "Wow! I forgot how fun LFS is!" after they spend time in a server with others trying same new thing. It's not the sign of a dead game, it's the sign of a dead, feckless community.
Quote from cargame.nl : Lol, in fact racingdepartment, this forum... Where you need to pay just to be on the forum...

Wait, I'm on RD forum and I haven't paid anything. You can buy premium status, so you support community, but it's not mandatory. You need premium if you want to race in their leagues.

But hey, at least it's active community unlike LFS Forum which gets active for some weeks only after content update.

Back to the topic - S3 wouldn't be that expensive if you consider Westhill as new content too. Sure there will be more content in future. Like early 2009 future.
Quote from petercollins :

Yes you may not buy it, but what would you think of them? You'd think they were money-grabbing c*nts.

No I wouldn't. I wouldn't care one bit. It's THEIR RIGHT in a free market economy to charge as they wish. You kind have to be a bit strange to take personal offence to a price point for a product. When you buy something it doesn't give the right to be an entitled douchebag.

I think I'll just leave this here as Louis CK is far more articulate than I am illustrating my point - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHaVqQfMkxY
This thread is closed

S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG