The online racing simulator
I dont get what people do not understand. Its just like to pay for

something that will be released in the future and you wait for it.

But you can already use a bit of what is so called S3 content. Great

offer for sure in my opinion and if you do NOT agree, just wait until

S3 content is available 100% and buy then. Asking for the difference ?

Well, you just did not have the fun we already may have, easy.
Ktoś z polski, znajomy zrobił mi dzisiaj około 9:30 przelew na Skrilla, z BZWBK (przelewyw4), pieniedzy na Skrillu dalej nie ma, ktoś coś ile tzreba czekać?
Wow! Impressive. S3 surprise for Christmas Smile

Well done devs Smile

As for those who complain about one track only, just wait few months until new content comes, it wont costs more. Not a big deal guys...
They work on that, be happy if you like this sim.
Thanks for the update Scavier, I don't see it as £12 for one track, sure it may be a while before we get any more content but so what, we've waited long enough before and if Scavier need a boost in funds to keep developing this sim then I'll gladly pay it, I've certainly had way more than my £24.00 use from it over it the years.
I have spent so much more money on stuff that gave me not even half the joy LFS did. For 24 GBP I not only got a game, but a community, met new friends and more or less learned english (or at least had the proper motivation to do so).

Even if Rockingham were to stay the only S3 content we'll ever get, I'd still by the license.
Thanks for the update Scawen en Eric and Merry Christmas to the whole LFS dev. team and there loved ones.

Can't understand the people who are complaining.
First of all, nobody is forcing you to upgrade to S3, so just install the patch and enjoy the updated graphics on all the S1/S2 content.
If you do decide to upgrade, you have paid 36 pounds over so many years, which is very cheap compared to games that sell sequels every year and are probably not played as often as you did with LFS.
New version with one track!! Ahahaha, Great Joke for X-mas!!!! Lol
Hell yeah, take my money!
Quote from Warper :Thanks for the christmas present. Just upgraded to S3. No, Rockingham is not worth 17,12 EUR for me. But the last years of fun definitely is and this gives me the chance to pay back a little and at the same time pave the road for an interesting future.

I dont see the anger of so many people. If it touches you so emotionally what LFS does, you should consider playing it more Wink

I myself will go back to play AC Nordschleife in BMW E30 DTM and 190 EVO DTM with my pals. Yes, Multiplayer is shit compared to LFS... I have to leave the server to change my car, I have to leave the server to change controls, I have to restart my server to change a track... even so I am admin. So... each sim has its upsides and downsides Smile

Thanks Scavier for the surprise.

Yes!

Of course if you look at it as a "£12 for one track" thing it's not a good deal. But for me it goes further than that. It's a) a way to reward the fun had in S2, because IMHO, and as long as you stay out of countries with really low-costs of living or bad exchange rates, £24 was a steal, given the quality of the content and the ridiculous hours of play you can out of it. So I don't mind giving a small reward to everyday people who brought me years of quality entertainment. And b) as a sort of crowdfunding thing. Just looking at the join dates on the forum and seeing few people from 2013-2015, I'm sure the last few years were probably not very great for LFS financially. So yea, maybe some cash flow was needed at some point...? Like, "show me the money and we'll give you this track first, then if/whenever we have more we'll give it to you too". As with crowdfunding projects it's a little gamble if the guaranteed product offered isn't worth the money in your eyes, of course. But hey, life is about gamblesSmile Personally I think it'll still take time for more content, maybe years, but I don't mind because it will be quality stuff, because that's what Scavier have always done. Of course it will never be the same as the "good old days", but so what... Life goes onSmile

tl;dr. Think it's worth it, good. Think it's not, too bad. Many other games or sims out there, and each offer something else. Why be bitter about it, I have no idea. It's not like anyone owes anyone else anything hereSmile
"Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released"

The amount of people taking this sentence in the wrong way is too damn high. Of course it is not guaranteed. They stated that more S3 content is in development and they intend to release more of it, which is expected. We don't know in what state of progress that content is, hopefully it's closer than we think.

To me, that sentence is there just to make sure people won't say that the devs have promised something which didn't come, if something unexpected happens - which is not likely but it can happen.
Aight, so just for the support I upgraded and gave it a go. It's a good track and fun to see the release eventually.

Alltho I might not race much (or anything) anymore, I'm still keeping an eye on this project. Hopefully we'll see more stuff beeing released the upcoming year(s), which might help re-activate the racing scene of LFS once more Smile
http://i.imgur.com/W44LZVe.jpg?1

And the other one are LFS users. Nobody forces you to purchase S3, you can still go to other sim and pay lots of money. It was really worth of waiting, I hope it gives new life to this game and we can enjoy some good racing again Smile
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I bought the S3 licence because LFS has given me far more than £24s' worth of enjoyment over the many years that I've played it. I still expect to see the tyre physics, the VWS and other content to see the light of day, but even if that's not the case, I don't feel as if I've been robbed or disrespected.

The Rockingham track itself feels solid, and the club layouts are fun. ISCC Long is more fun than the standard ISCC BTCC layout, who'd of thunk it, eh?
Needs a bit more than one track to make me part with the money, in fact I'll probably hang on to see what the updated tyre model is like, if it ever sees the light of day.
I know one guy that, yesterday, was doing hotlaps with AC on Brands Hatch with a 1200hp Lamborghini and a 458 aswell ...
if he knew Rockingham was already available, he would have spent £12 sooner and waste its time differently Big grin

Just to say : OMG !!! I was 'only' expecting snapshots of S3 for x-mas ... Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
The £24 already spent many years ago were largely profitable for a very very long time ago. Glad to spend more Wink . take my money and have an happy Christmas all !!!

edit : 11 configurations + reverse ? ... WTF Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
(downloading in progress ... Tongue )
Hi,

thanks for the Patch !

If got 2 questions

1. Will there be reverse configurations ?
2. At the news there is this one sentence "Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released."

Are you willing to quit with LFS ?

And i've one Bug, if i set the Resolution 3840x2160 the DPI Settings are rising to. The Courser is twice as big as it should be.
Quote from Be2K :Will there be reverse configurations ?

Probably not,but anyone can create them by using X configurations. There are more configurations possible than current 11 - everything left to user's creativity! Wink
Quote from Be2K :Hi,

2. At the news there is this one sentence "Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released."

Are you willing to quit with LFS ?

Scawen explained that already
Quote from Scawen :

To the people who are disappointed with us us for only providing one track at the current time: I tried to made it clear, we are working on more S3 content for everyone with an S3 license. It can't be guaranteed because nothing in life is certain. We are respectful of anyone who wants to wait for more content before upgrading their license.

Quote from Flame CZE :"Although S3 content is already being developed, we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released"

The amount of people taking this sentence in the wrong way is too damn high. Of course it is not guaranteed. They stated that more S3 content is in development and they intend to release more of it, which is expected. We don't know in what state of progress that content is, hopefully it's closer than we think.

To me, that sentence is there just to make sure people won't say that the devs have promised something which didn't come, if something unexpected happens - which is not likely but it can happen.

We all get it, but after so many years of waiting and promises of S3 License and more contents we receive only 1 track and i know why you put it under S3 license, bsecause you need some funds for this project, which who's in development for years and nothing really has been finished so far... I think you be better if you had release atleast one car with that update. You personally think that is because we're a loyal fans for this game (which i'm since 2008) and i'll contribute for just (a hope) for new content, since the devs are not proven themselfs that they are actually working on something, because of so much years waiting for new contents, but we haven't receive any yet....
S3 Purchased. A nice Christmas present. Never thought I'd see the day Smile

Nate
Wrong/Missing "stage" Version for dedicated Hosts:
http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=^1[SVRT]^7TeamServer&onlycontent

I get:
[SVRT]TeamServer
Mode
, Qualification 30 minutes

Track
Rockingham Historic

Cars
ALL

Settings
RPSQ mr

Version

Conns
0 / 20

But host run in S3 mode.

Config line in setup.cfg:
// demo/s1/s2/s3
/mode=s3
I desided to unlock S3 many years ago. :-)
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG