The online racing simulator
Is LFS going the right way?
(47 posts, started )
HI everyone here is ICeleritas,

I think a lot of people know me from Cargame, GTI or the FBM servers.

Last Year I joined the LFS-Community, and right on from the beginning i had some good impression from this game: High competition, a good S2-server (cargame) and full demo servers packed me to play this simulator (Scawen, you made with a limited budget a masterpiece and i really appreciate it!) . I improved myself from time to time, I got faster and faster, more and more people recognized me as a good driver and accepted me as a small part of this community (hopefully). I really enjoyed great gti/fbm/gt2-races on CG and some exciting leagues I participated like the Cityliga. 3 months ago i got a member of Animal which was a great decision. I enjoyed every race I drove here and I transformed myself even to a LFS-Fanboy.

But all this great stuff faded away as more and more sim-racers moved to assetto corsa or/and IRacing: The high competitive drivers in demo FBM are gone (where is unded, f308, profeta, bonus?), also many popular S2-drivers changed the way too. That means that the competition is getting lower and it seems like that the drivers that are joining are getting slower and slower. At the moment I'd be happy to see a CG-server with 20 online drivers, but its happening so rearly! It's a shame in that way. Others are cruising in Citydriving (why is cruising more popular than racing???). And the most of the full servers are turkish, drift, konvoy or drag pist, thats why so many users are online at a time (it's a fake number!). Admins rearly join their server and that leads to chaos on the track (except AMG and Animal).

I would rate myself as a big LFS-fanboy and i drive alot (thats why i get mostly every time in top 20 in LFSworld stastics). But at the same time I also think about stop playing this sim because it makes less fun in the period of the past time. And recently I'm getting crashed by the same racers frequently in the demo servers and thats depressing and I can't do anything about it because they have plenty of accounts. If it's going on like that, I'll be gone somewhen...

Scawen, the situation is getting serious, the community is dying and maybe soon i will belong to the dead too.

CEL
Just waiting for Scawen to close this post like...
Attached images
images.jpg
Quote from TheNoobisonFire :Just waiting for Scawen to close this post like...

Not saying I disagree. But usually stuff like this gets closed to be push under the rug...
For a second I thought it was wildstyle who replied above my reply.
#5 - Abone
I'm not racer and i feel exactly all that you feel. I open LFS , after 30 minutes i turn off, open LFS ,after more 30 minutes i turn off again. Im drifter and is sad to see the drift community comes down to autocross, rarely with good drivers (much blablabla in forums, but in game....). we are the most activity s2 except City Driving and even we will eventually disappear... i waiting S3 to see what happen with comunity, in my opinion S3 come late. I hope to be wrong.
No, it doesn't, for many years now.

But yeah, let's just close this thread too like nothing happened.
At this point not even s3 gonna resurrect lfs...
#8 - uiop
LFS is a network game, if people play, others will more than likely join, less people playing=smaller network=less chance of people joining.
LFS is a GAME so young people play it more often, because older people have responsibilities.

LFS needs more players, maybe give 1% demo racers S1, but those who are ONLINE and PROFESSIONAL.
Personally I dislike the fact that the main developer moderates the forum, all this time wasted deleting/reading/writing posts that pushes the next release more into the future...

that is my 2 euros.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
Quote from Inouva :At this point not even s3 gonna resurrect lfs...

hah haha!

so 1 track and 2 cars and the "New" Tyre physics gonna save lfs?
what do you need to save it from? It's totally great just how it is. I dont miss a thing. If they wouldnt have made this announcement about physics, vw-scirocco and never mentioned S3, nobody would need that. Its just when you announce something, ppl really want it.
Quote from uiop :LFS is a network game, if people play, others will more than likely join, less people playing=smaller network=less chance of people joining.
LFS is a GAME so young people play it more often, because older people have responsibilities.

LFS needs more players, maybe give 1% demo racers S1, but those who are ONLINE and PROFESSIONAL.
Personally I dislike the fact that the main developer moderates the forum, all this time wasted deleting/reading/writing posts that pushes the next release more into the future...

that is my 2 euros.

I absolutely agree with you!

The fact that the majority of the fastest and most professional drivers here are gone is true! And it's mostly caused by the emptiness of the server... I think so many drivers still want to race on this sim but as none of the servers have a high number of players the racers decide to quit the sim. So that's why:
Why don't we all meet on an evening and drive a good rotation event on a open server, and repeat it more often? Why can't we run a server with plenty drivers on it? And if people are fed up driving the same class, can't we just variate it so people have more fun? I think it's not hard to make it, but no one is really doing it or trying. (I would do it by myself but I'm to stupid to make a good server with airo and other commands included)

In my point of view the S3 update could wait (I'm even very happy with the S2 content), if there would be enough players. But as the race servers are empty: "Waiting is a bad option"

But as a presolution: Let's make a great race server, organize clear meetings and race together! I would even pay for the server costs!
Quote from Gutholz :Nice advertisement

The problem is that many drivers aren't too much in such events - they want multiple short races,public racing style,for them 1 race is not that attractive...

But to answer OP question - LFS is going that way,where Scawen want and can do,it's his "baby" and he's the one who does the raising. The best we can do is use the most of what we have and enjoy. Shrug
I wonder where Dawdust is...
As far as I know - in the corner. Big grin
I'm usualy not participating in topics like these, since I know that people (mostly online) will keep moaning anyway, but this time I want to drop in my 2 cents.
If you would realise where this game has came from (I started playing just before S2 was finished) to what it is now, you can only say that Scawen is doing a superb job.
Yes, he does it at his own pace and works mostly on the things he find relevant, but then again, that is his choice to make.
He stopped working for a boss, because he was fedup of other people telling him what to do, when to do it and how he should do it, while he felt (and right he is) that he could do much better then those game selling companies.

Just take the last patch for example.
Many people will feel it was time wasted on optimalisations, while the current hardware is strong enough to run the game properly anyway.
While that is mostly true, it was creating a basis for the game to build on, so when the graphics will drasticly be improved, the game will still run fine on most of the hardware.
Besides that, the game is incredible stable as it is.
Network layer is one of the best I've seen in any game and the game gives people so much freedom to play as they wish as well.
Many cars to choose, many tracks (and combos within one track) to choose, the option to create and store your own layouts and then there's the option to do all sorts of things using the Insim protocol.
How many games have so much freedom for the players and is very cheap as well.
You only have to pay once (okay, per license (S1,S2, etc.) and then you can play as much as you want and get totaly free updates for a very long time to top it off.

As said, I'm not going to waste valuable time on trying to stop all the moaners from moaning (sadly the internet in general has become a place of people moaning, bitching, trolling, etc.) as it will be undoable, but realise what this game already is and what it is giving you in relation to what you have paid for it.
Quote from uiop :

The fact that the majority of the fastest and most professional drivers here are gone is true! And it's mostly caused by the emptiness of the server... I think so many drivers still want to race on this sim but as none of the servers have a high number of players the racers decide to quit the sim. So that's why:

Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from Gutholz :Nice advertisement

The problem is that many drivers aren't too much in such events - they want multiple short races,public racing style,for them 1 race is not that attractive...

at the moment there is no s2 multiclass server and that why i moved to AC
Quote from Inouva :

hah haha!

Smile

Arguing with you makes my day, so my answer is: Yes

EDIT: Having for more detailed answer; LFS will be in here for us no matter what. Scawen has mentioned something like this many times, and I know he is doing a right decision. You will see it then when it is time to release an ultimate answer for impatient people.

I tried to tell this before for you but I got too aggressive so I have got taken to be silence, at least for while.

Stop moaning guys, you make me annoyed. Though you do not really care about my mood, so I try to keep myself to not be interested at all and remain the problem all alone with your cause. Only because you deserve it hard. It is wrong to be enjoyed someone's suffer, but then again, feelings are the bless and curse in human mind, so resisting the things like this needs mental , but mental power itself, is it really a weakness or does it really remain being an ultimate key of having a life with a balance...

My Social IQ is not advanced on that part so I stop talking off topic in this period.
Quote from Abone :I'm not racer and i feel exactly all that you feel. I open LFS , after 30 minutes i turn off, open LFS ,after more 30 minutes i turn off again. Im drifter and is sad to see the drift community comes down to autocross, rarely with good drivers (much blablabla in forums, but in game....). we are the most activity s2 except City Driving and even we will eventually disappear... i waiting S3 to see what happen with comunity, in my opinion S3 come late. I hope to be wrong.

Same thing. WKD is literally dead, and it used to be as popular as City-Drving One
Quote from Inouva :

hah haha!

Smile

Arguing with you makes my day, so my answer is: Yes

EDIT: Having for more detailed answer; LFS will be in here for us no matter what. Scawen has mentioned something like this many times, and I know he is doing a right decision. You will see it then when it is time to release an ultimate answer for impatient people.

I tried to tell this before for you but I got too aggressive so I have got taken to be silence, at least for while.

Stop moaning guys, you make me annoyed. Though you do not really care about my mood, so I try to keep myself to not be interested at all and remain the problem all alone with your cause. Only because you deserve it hard. It is wrong to be enjoyed someone's suffer, but then again, feelings are the bless and curse in human mind, so resisting the things like this needs mental , but mental power itself, is it really a weakness or does it really remain being an ultimate key of having a life with a balance...

My Social IQ is not advanced on that part so I stop talking off topic in this period.

we are not arguing we are discussing so we can keep the friendliness =)

i hope you are right that with the new content lfs resurrect but i have my doubts, i will buy s3 because lfs is and was part of my life ( 10 years ) and the least i want to see is lfs dead...

regards
"so 1 track and 2 cars and the "New" Tyre physics gonna save lfs?"

The probability, that this is correct description of S3, is basically zero (this speculation is based on hints in Scawen's responses).

And the probability, that it will happen within time frame which OP would consider adequate to "save LFS" is ... I will do just pure speculation of my own here ... zero too.

Which makes probably this whole thread pointless.

If you would be Scawen, what would you do? Any development takes time, they are on their way toward S3, not halfway into some "save community patch", so doing that one would take too long, and/or be too little anyway. Which makes the only reasonable choice to continue with pushing hard toward S3. Which is either top secret project, or still distant future. So it will not fix OP's concerns anyway.

And if community reaction to S3 will be similar to those on current patches (dated, too late, etc...), I wouldn't even release it. I would rename it to something like LFS2 or LFS Pro, milking you second time for refreshed S1+S2 content (with addition of S3 of course).

You know, what would be the most funny part about that for me? Most players would very likely love it... because it would be finally something new from Scawen.
Honestly, Ive seen people play LFS since 2010, and most of them that I talk to on Skype either don't use it, or leave it on their desktop for their relatives to play instead of wanting to use their PS3's. So, I personally don't think trowing out S3 to the public (if there is any left) would help LFS in any way. My only question towards the Dev's is what the 8 year delay is?.
Life.
Quote from cargame.nl :Life.

+1 ( Read PM )

And for Inouva; Well, with you discussing is somewhat arguing when we go that far, but... okay, no problem =)

Though I still remain on my answer and probably you on your own as well

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG