The online racing simulator
Default setups for road/race cars
(8 posts, started )
I have always been quite 'disappointed' by the default "hard track" setups. In my opinion, they should give the feeling you are driving the car in real, and at least in current version, it is far from being the case Wink (no offense Tongue ).
I have spent few hours trying to create setups that gives the feeling you are driving a road car, with some constraints :
- gearbox of the hard track setup
- normal pressure in tires (almost identical to hard track setup, or at least something you may use on a car like this in real life)
- no crazy camber setting
- no locked differential Wink (especially on FWD, with a very stiff ARB Big grin )
- preload of clutch pack equals to the maximum torque produced by the engine. I use like 30% less for turbo engine.

To have a quite 'understeery' behaviour on RWD (other transmission are concerned too), I usually had to make the front quite stiff, while leaving the rear with a softer setting (commonly done on serial cars), anyway I was quite satisfyied by the handling in the end.

For the FWD, the task was less easy. The FXO still has some slight 'oversteer' on throttle while I am not (I think so) exploiting physics flaws ... The GTi was planned to be delivered with an open differential, but on 80km/h corners, the inside wheel was spinning so much what ever setting I used for the suspension ... and corner entry was a way too nervous too => so I decided to put a viscous lsd to limit it ... Do not know why, but the GTi cannot behaves properly without a lsd :/ ...
For the UF1, I had to put some toe-in at the back to limit slightly the oversteer at corner entry ...

For the RB4, it was planned to keep the open differential on front like in hard track setup, but same issue as for the Gti happenned : without lsd, the corner entry is not "normal", so this ends with a viscous lsd too ...

Take note that these setups are not there to be "performant" ones, so do not try to imitate hotlappers Smile , this is my point of view on how I would like to see the road cars handle with hard track setup.

Feedbacks are welcome, hope you will enjoy the drive.

edit : descriptions :
- Driving_setups_0.1.zip : all road cars, initial version
- Driving_setups_0.2.zip : 0.2 version for XRT, RB4, FXO and FZ50
- Driving_setups_0.2(2).zip : 0.2 version for XF Gti and XR Gt

- Driving_setups_0.3.zip : FXR, XRR and FZR initial versions. 0.3 version for FZ5. Include all other versions.
Attached files
Driving_setups_0.3.zip.zip - 3.7 KB - 723 views
#2 - nacim
Nice setups bro, I like the RAC one, make it way more driveable. Big grin
Glad if you like this Wink
I put an update with the TBO and the FZ50.
The XRT and the FZ50 were a bit slow in reaction. Mainly : I got rid of the small toe-in at the back, and stiffen the arb + some slight tuning in the dampers...
The FXO reacts better with this setup (mainly : slightly softer springs especially at the front and more ride height).
RB4 : only dampers slightly changed.
Thanks for the setups!
I have spent sometimes with XR GT and XF Gti, and added a 0.2 version.
I had never driven so much on open configs to tune those cars Big grin , can't wait for the Westhill refurbishment, it may contain lots of corners type in the promised open config mode ^^
I have spent some times on the FZ5 and propose a '0.3' version for it.
I had fun with the big GTR too, and found some quite good compromises in handling for each of them ... at least to my taste for a "hard track" setup Smile . I kept them in R3 like the original setup.
Driving_setups_0.3.zip containing those 4 setups is attached in the original post.
#7 - nacim
Hey bro ! Can you do a simple pack with all setups ? It's not like every setup weights 100 Mo. Big grin
I was in the mood to save people from downloading unnecessary KB Tongue
But you are right, it is maybe more pain in the ass with multiple files : I do the clean up

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG