The online racing simulator
WE2x_Ralli_EK1 - Layout (my first ever)
i want some feedback about my first layout i made Smile BTW... HOW DO I ATTACH THE FILE INTO THIS THREAD?!?! -.-
Instead of feedback, you will be asked how you, as a demo player, managed to make a layout, as you need an S1/S2 license to use the layout editor.
*Hands sinanju popcorn* Shh, the best part is coming up.
yes... i had other account in the game which i got from friend... do i need S2 account to attach files in forum???? just asking.... lol
ok... so this is the account i got from friend...

this is the layout i made. its not finished yet but just want to know what people think about it Smile
Attached files
WE2X_Ralli_EK1.lyt - 10.4 KB - 333 views
#7 - nacim
Came here to see the banhammer, got disapointed. 1/10
Quote from Tomppelix2 :i want some feedback about my first layout i made.....

Its quite good, but it needs tidied up a bit, and some of the corners are a bit tight and constrictive. As are some of the straights.

Because the course is so long, you need more arrow marker boards to show which way to go, and because some of the roads are quite long, and you can reach a high top speed, so will need longer braking zones, you need more distance markers.

There are road signs dotted round the course - nothing to stop you using the Z function and putting marker boards up in front (sometimes the back) of the existing signs or on lamp-posts. Or sit them on top of things (railings, bales, etc), so you can see them from longer distance.

You need to add checkpoints to get rid of the error message when you first load layout, I would suggest at least 2 (press 1 to place first, then < > arrows to change direction, and W or E to change width, then press 2 for second checkpoint, and 3 if you want 3rd).

I'd probably put some marshalls in various places - not because they're needed, but they're the closest you can get to spectators. And you can use the ones that point to give drivers an idea of which way to go.

The one place you have used lots of marshalls (after the bridge, shortly before the finish) - lots of people will get spec'd here for hitting the marshall circles - you should make the marshall circles bit smaller (use W and E keys). People hit marshalls a few times in same spot, and they don't think they're doing wrong, and they give up.

Where you have long line of same objects, I would have broken it up a bit. For instance, instead of say 100 barriers in a row, I might have went barrier - bale - barrier - bale ....

And to finish....your finish line; its facing the wrong direction - you need to turn it 180 degrees (use < or > key). Move the tyres on the left onto the fence - needlessly constrictive here. Give people a big flourish when they finish - put up some concrete posts and hang a coloured wall between them up the top to make it look like a banner.

Hope that helps.
Quote from Tomppelix2 :i want some feedback about my first layout i made Smile BTW... HOW DO I ATTACH THE FILE INTO THIS THREAD?!?! -.-

use your post and press buton edit
scroll down and u see buton Attachment options Browse ..select file
Quote from sinanju :
Quote from Tomppelix2 :i want some feedback about my first layout i made.....

Its quite good, but it needs tidied up a bit, and some of the corners are a bit tight and constrictive. As are some of the straights.

Because the course is so long, you need more arrow marker boards to show which way to go, and because some of the roads are quite long, and you can reach a high top speed, so will need longer braking zones, you need more distance markers.

There are road signs dotted round the course - nothing to stop you using the Z function and putting marker boards up in front (sometimes the back) of the existing signs or on lamp-posts. Or sit them on top of things (railings, bales, etc), so you can see them from longer distance.

You need to add checkpoints to get rid of the error message when you first load layout, I would suggest at least 2 (press 1 to place first, then < > arrows to change direction, and W or E to change width, then press 2 for second checkpoint, and 3 if you want 3rd).

I'd probably put some marshalls in various places - not because they're needed, but they're the closest you can get to spectators. And you can use the ones that point to give drivers an idea of which way to go.

The one place you have used lots of marshalls (after the bridge, shortly before the finish) - lots of people will get spec'd here for hitting the marshall circles - you should make the marshall circles bit smaller (use W and E keys). People hit marshalls a few times in same spot, and they don't think they're doing wrong, and they give up.

Where you have long line of same objects, I would have broken it up a bit. For instance, instead of say 100 barriers in a row, I might have went barrier - bale - barrier - bale ....

And to finish....your finish line; its facing the wrong direction - you need to turn it 180 degrees (use < or > key). Move the tyres on the left onto the fence - needlessly constrictive here. Give people a big flourish when they finish - put up some concrete posts and hang a coloured wall between them up the top to make it look like a banner.

Hope that helps.

thanks Big grin but i think i dont make corners any wider... i have no problem with those and it needs to have some skill or interest at least for me Big grin but yeah, this is my first layout so i didnt manage all the things well lol Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG