The online racing simulator
Metro interface has working native HiDPI afaik, but the moment you want to actually use your computer as a computer and step in to the desktop mode, shit hits the fan with scaling.

Windows desktop UI needs a total rewrite to work properly with HiDPI screens, currently it's a complete joke with 4K/5K screens.
What exactly is so bad about it? I use W8.1 on my HTPC with max DPI to be able to read everything easily and it seems to work just fine? Not all apps look as good since they're either from the last century, or made by idiots, but other than that it's fine.

Have you tried W10 yet? They say it has even better (and seperated DPI for each screen) DPI scaling than W8.1.
Take the Dell 5K screen for example. If you use Windows DPI scaling to make the OS actually usable, some elements won't be scaled up, explorer quick buttons for example. The whole Windows UI core is a relic from the 90's that has simply been patched up for years.

Been running Windows 10 preview on VMware for a few months. It's very promising, but some utterly retarded Windows 8/8.1 features are still in it, like not being able to use black window borders since the fonts won't dynamically invert their colour.
Quote from Bose321 :What exactly is so bad about it? I use W8.1 on my HTPC with max DPI to be able to read everything easily and it seems to work just fine? Not all apps look as good since they're either from the last century, or made by idiots, but other than that it's fine.

Have you tried W10 yet? They say it has even better (and seperated DPI for each screen) DPI scaling than W8.1.

My experience of "HiDPI" (MacBook Retina) in Windows 8 has been awful. In OSX it's flawless.

It's one of the main reasons why I have no plans to get a 4k monitor for my PC.
Quote from Matrixi :Take the Dell 5K screen for example. If you use Windows DPI scaling to make the OS actually usable, some elements won't be scaled up, explorer quick buttons for example. The whole Windows UI core is a relic from the 90's that has simply been patched up for years.

Been running Windows 10 preview on VMware for a few months. It's very promising, but some utterly retarded Windows 8/8.1 features are still in it, like not being able to use black window borders since the fonts won't dynamically invert their colour.

Try creating a new style in the Desktop settings. One of the preview updates ****ed me in that regard as well.
OM603.960
325000km

Got Xiaomi Pistons today after nearly a months shipping time from XiaomiWorld.

Can't complaing about their performance though, they sound and feel like 100€ Sennheisers for a quarter of the cost.

Oh, and they smell like chocolate.
I got myself a pair of those xiaomi piston v2's aswell, they sound amazing for a pair of 25 dollar earphones, I've had them like half a year, and they show no wear so far, well, I changed the rubber parts that go into your ear, better fitting one's make them sound even better.
The Xiaomi Piston v3's are out as well, planning to order them aswell.
-
(zhengua) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam / reply to spam
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam / reply to spam
Quote from Matrixi :

Got Xiaomi Pistons today after nearly a months shipping time from XiaomiWorld.

Can't complaing about their performance though, they sound and feel like 100€ Sennheisers for a quarter of the cost.

Oh, and they smell like chocolate.

I like the look of them so much that a pair will be bought on pay day Big grin
You won't be disappointed with them, just make sure you don't buy fake Pistons. Smile

Bought something for the summer, getting back in to airsoft to get some much needed workout:

A Bike stand to keep my MTB upright.

Replaced the aging Titan with a:

Funny how they're $650$ in murica, and over $900 in europe. Gotta love that weak euro, huh.
1TB of SSD awesomeness. Smile

Wink
Nice. I'm still waiting for the 1TB SSD prices to go down a bit more, 256GB is still my largest drive. Big grin

Blue
ZTE Blade Vec 4G, dirty cheap

New studio monitors (smallest in the pic, can't afford the bigger ones), hand made in switzerland, some of the best studio monitors money can buy (and bloody expensive, but worth every cent)...

This

and this

for my Corsa

Something to work on during the holidays Big grin

Before they are all gone and only the expensive xbox will be available.

"We are selling off this product as it will be replaced by the Universal Hub for Xbox One which has the same features and is compatible to PlayStation, PC and Xbox One. Please note that you can take off the button caps with the symbols so it will look exactly like the PC version which is on sale now.

Sale will only last until the inventory is gone so this is a good chance to get the rim you always wanted to have."
Boots/Sidi Apex

Gloves/FIVE Stunt
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
-
-
-

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )