The online racing simulator
Possibility of a 2015 Kyoto 500?
After a decent turnout for the Kyoto 250, I was indeed pleased by how many did turn up. I wish there was more competition to get in, but the race on the whole was quite pleasing.

I cannot guarantee that the 2015 Kyoto 500 could be run on its traditional dates, but I would like to try running one if there is enough interest.

Please indicate if you are interested and willing to run it. It will keep its traditional format of Saturday+Sunday qualifying and following Saturday race. I know there are lots of summer holiday things going on, please also let me know when there might be big national happenings. Such as if there's a big Finnish holiday weekend/week where all Finns go to sauna, then afterwards drink and eat a Finnish delicacy....and also let me know where I can go to partake in such happenings!

I also may have to dump the practice sessions requirement, as they may not be as bountiful as in past.

I should also advertise that part of the uncertainty as to the actual dates is due to the fact that I have an application at a new job in the works...I interviewed there this past Thursday, and will hear within a couple weeks if I am offered the job. It would free my weekends again, should I get it, and also provide me more money. It would require me to move elsewhere, but that would be a non-issue once done!

Anyway, let me know if you are interested!

UPDATE:

I do wish to thank all who have expressed interest in a 2015 Kyoto 500. The news is this:

It will not be run on it's traditional weekend.

I have accepted a job at my old university at the tv/radio station there, which I am starting on July 13th. In the short term, I must focus on completing my probationary period and getting settled in to it. The benefits of taking the job are massive - pay rise, excellent benefits, and a fixed schedule (WITH WEEKENDS OFF!).

What this means for the Kyoto 500 (and NDR events as a whole): It should restore my motivation once I get settled in, and allow me the confidence to schedule events again without worrying if I'll have the days off work.

Please, keep notifying of your interest. I will consider October as a time to run a Kyoto 500 if conditions warrant.
Last year I finished K500 for the first time out of 4 attempts,would like to improve my stats for sure! Razz
Holidays like midsommar or however it's called everywhere else this year falls in middle of the week (23rd-24th june),so that should not be an issue,unless finns have some other weird things.
After June I would be completely free to help run Kyoto 500 so I'd love to see it come back this year!
I can run KY500 at any time.
Hopefully without technical and personal problems like in last 2 years...
I can do it any time except from 11-26 July, but if it happens at some point in June, I should be free.
I've got no idea when I'll be gone this summer, but I'll be there to defend my title if I am home Big grin
I'll be there to defend my pole and try to finish it for once.
If it's on June, then I'll be there.

Oh, and Martin, this time it won't end like the 250, video is related Big grin
And I bet that was your reaction, Niko. XD

@Falcon, your qualy pace is always amazing, I wish I could see you as consistent as that in the race!
I refuse to subject myself to this crap again after the last time.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : not appropriate to the thread
I am going to come for sure! Big grin
sure... why not
Count me in!
Meibi mi in tuu
I'm in as long as it's not on August 2nd (Mid-Ohio - IndyCar)
I'm also in.
If it would be run on traditional date,only pole day would overlap with it,which could be considered as minor problem.
Would be nice if Deko could make some announcement regarding this - to be or not to be and if,then around when...
No idea about "traditional dates" except christmas Tilt
And some practice would be required too I guess.
Traditional dates = race is on last june weekend,qualifying one week before - 4h sessions on both saturday and sunday.
I might be able to take part in it
I do wish to thank all who have expressed interest in a 2015 Kyoto 500. The news is this:

It will not be run on it's traditional weekend.

I have accepted a job at my old university at the tv/radio station there, which I am starting on July 13th. In the short term, I must focus on completing my probationary period and getting settled in to it. The benefits of taking the job are massive - pay rise, excellent benefits, and a fixed schedule (WITH WEEKENDS OFF!).

What this means for the Kyoto 500 (and NDR events as a whole): It should restore my motivation once I get settled in, and allow me the confidence to schedule events again without worrying if I'll have the days off work.

Please, keep notifying of your interest. I will consider October as a time to run a Kyoto 500 if conditions warrant.
Yes, GTWS is needes in my heart. MoE on iRacing was fun but I am not quick enough to race those folks, bring me endurance where I can keep up a little.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes, GTWS is needes in my heart. MoE on iRacing was fun but I am not quick enough to race those folks, bring me endurance where I can keep up a little.

rFactor2 is where it's at. Hopefully the same for Kyoto 250/500 style events as well in the future.

I'd still be down for this and a Westfield festival of speed style of thing.
Quote from oscarhardwick :
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes, GTWS is needes in my heart. MoE on iRacing was fun but I am not quick enough to race those folks, bring me endurance where I can keep up a little.

rFactor2 is where it's at. Hopefully the same for Kyoto 250/500 style events as well in the future.

I'd still be down for this and a Westfield festival of speed style of thing.

Other than the abysmal FFB and physics.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG