The online racing simulator
Recent forum updates
(40 posts, started )
Recent forum updates
Some handy functions, like the link pointing to the original message when quoting someone and the sub-forum lists on the main page are quite nice

But I'd prefer to have the subforums uhm... listed like a list, not just link after link next after next on the same line

What do others think of these wonders of modern era?
It's a bunch of elec-trickery! Tools of the Devil I tell you!
#3 - Jakg
i like it, but now its telling me my PM box is 98% full!
#4 - axus
I quite like the new quote system with the View post button and the mutli-quote option.
That multiquote seems quite nice, would have gone unnoticed without axus
Quote from Jakg :i like it, but now its telling me my PM box is 98% full!

Quote from axus :I quite like the new quote system with the View post button and the mutli-quote option.

Quote from Hyperactive :That multiquote seems quite nice, would have gone unnoticed without axus

omg that is awesome ;D
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Quote from Hankstar :It's a bunch of elec-trickery! Tools of the Devil I tell you!

Yes! There's even a handy warning system for us mods to play, if you start to misbehave...
Attached images
warn.jpg
Quote from Hyperactive :But I'd prefer to have the subforums uhm... listed like a list, not just link after link next after next on the same line

that's kind of an experiment to see how we like it (or not). I kind of agree with you concerning the leagues section, but the others are fine with me tbh.

so i don't know whether to keep it or remove it again.
#9 - JJ72
the list for the subforum is a bit long tho
This multi-quote system is amazing... goodbye "open sixteen quote links in new tabs and then hazzle with copy-paste" technique.
Quote from Victor :that's kind of an experiment to see how we like it (or not). I kind of agree with you concerning the leagues section, but the others are fine with me tbh.

so i don't know whether to keep it or remove it again.

Yeah the leagues subforums are enormous, its too much to list. If you have like 10 max subforums, then it is ok in my opinion. The hardware section with the Wheels section is a keeper.

Janezki, is that warning system like a 'yellow card' and 'red card' deal? I am just wondering how it works... and if someone has a warning, does it show publicly? You can test on me, but you better remove it!

--

I am not sure what other features have been added other than the quoting stuff. So I searched around

Read here for all the details of this new version of VB 3.6

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803
Welcome to the first public look at vBulletin 3.6!

This is the first of a number of posts we will be making over the coming week introducing you to what's new in this new version of vBulletin.

Take some time to wander around the forums and you'll find new features and useful changes throughout the system. Of course, you won't be able to see everything until you play with it as an administrator and there is far too much to squeeze into a single announcement, so we'll be posting new information daily. Be sure to check back each day for an update!

Let's start with an important change...

System Requirements
vBulletin 3.6 now requires PHP 4.3.3 or later and MySQL 4.0.16 or later. These minimum versions are still several years old, so the vast majority of people should still meet the requirements. Check the main page of your admin control panel if you're not sure what versions of PHP and MySQL are on your server!

Now, let's get into some of the more interesting changes....

Part 1 - Wednesday May 31st

Multi-Quote
The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

Mark Forums Read with AJAX
If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier
The output generated by the Archive is now buffered before being sent to the client. Plugins for the Archive that generate output must be adapted in order to work correctly.

New Buddy/Ignore List Editor Saves with AJAX
Along with a new interface, your buddy and ignore lists are saved with AJAX to prevent an unnecessary reload. Additionally to make the interface even easier to use, vBulletin searches for matching users as you type their names.

Options Backup and Restore
If you have ever tried to setup a test board before making changes to your real board, you have probably run into the problem of trying to move your option changes from the test board to the live board. Now, you can backup your options to an XML format and restore them to any other board. Options that might cause problems if moved (such as the cookie path and domain) are automatically skipped from the backup/restore process.

Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
If you have elected to receive emails when receiving a new private message, the email will now contain more than just the name of the user who sent you the message. The title and body of the message will be included. Any BB codes in the message will automatically be converted to an equivalent plaintext version using the new plaintext bbcode parser.

Example output might look like this:

Quote:
Dear Mike,

You have received a new private message at Test Forums from admin, entitled "Demo Private Message".

This is the message that was sent:
This is a demo private message with *bold text*.

---Quote (Originally by Mike)---
Quoted text
---End Quote---

1. And an
2. ordered
3. list

To read the original version, respond to this message, or delete the message, you must log in here:
http://www.example.com/forum/private.php

All the best,
My Demo Forums

Message previews in thread subscription emails also include the improved plaintext representation.

Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
If a user attaches an image that has dimensions larger than the administrator allows, the image will automatically resized to fit. This is similar to the auto-resizing of avatars that vBulletin 3.5 performed.

‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit
You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.

Unique Unsubscribe Link in Emails
Thread and forum subscription emails now include a link for unsubscribing that is unique to each user. When using this link, unsubscribing from a thread or forum no longer requires logging in.

Plugin Manager Sorted by Product
The plugin manager now defaults to sorting its results by product, rather than by hook location as in vBulletin 3.5. You may re-sort the results by hook location if you would prefer the old view.

Save Search Preferences with AJAX
Changing your search preferences on the advanced search page no longer requires a page reload.
The "infraction system" as it's called (the yellow and red card icon which janezki showed earlier) and allows for applying levels of penalising. From simple warnings to automatically reducing forum-permissions (in any desired detail / amount of levels of severity) when the user has scored too many points.

Points are given per infraction (can be 0 up to whatever level of penalty is desired).

The levels of severity (the amount of gathered points) can be linked to limiting forum permissions. So it can be set to limiting some permissions when a low number of points has been scored, up to severe limiting (ban) when a lot of points are scored.

At the moment the points are not linked to any consequence, but it's just a matter of creating some additional usergroups to put it in effect (so don't start thinking the points don't mean anything if you get any).

Points and warnings also can expire after a while, or not, depending on the expiration setting when the infraction was given.

EDIT - additionally, you can't see warnings or points from other users. It's an option though, but i turned it off.
Impressive new features, is it possible to give the user an individual option about the sub menus?
Lets see if the "anti-CAPSLOCKED text" feature still destroys emotes (ex: :D -> :d)
:d
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Impressive new features, is it possible to give the user an individual option about the sub menus?

You can "hide" the submenu. I Never noticed that before.
Are the points shown anywhere to the public? If so, can I have one

Then I could say: "I have the first warning point"
Insert the emoticon as image to bypass anticapslock
mmm....shows as a link to me

Good improvments. But one thing, wasn't that Skype logo like the real one before, now it shows a as gray with a guestionmark.
edit. mm, maybe not :P
Quote from Victor :The "infraction system" as it's called (the yellow and red card icon which janezki showed earlier) and allows for applying levels of penalising. From simple warnings to automatically reducing forum-permissions (in any desired detail / amount of levels of severity) when the user has scored too many points.

Points are given per infraction (can be 0 up to whatever level of penalty is desired).

The levels of severity (the amount of gathered points) can be linked to limiting forum permissions. So it can be set to limiting some permissions when a low number of points has been scored, up to severe limiting (ban) when a lot of points are scored.

At the moment the points are not linked to any consequence, but it's just a matter of creating some additional usergroups to put it in effect (so don't start thinking the points don't mean anything if you get any).

Points and warnings also can expire after a while, or not, depending on the expiration setting when the infraction was given.

EDIT - additionally, you can't see warnings or points from other users. It's an option though, but i turned it off.

so like if someone says bad words dose that mean they get a red/yellow card?
Previously it was just a skype icon, now it shows ones status. I have the setting "show status to every one" disabled in skype.
Quote from Krane :Previously it was just a skype icon, now it shows ones status. I have the setting "show status to every one" disabled in skype.

hmm, then isn't that a bug in skype? This, since the icon is loaded from the skype website : icon url -> http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/Kranee

oh btw - it shows a ? here in the skype icon - i spose that simply means 'unknown status'. so all is fine actually?
Quote from faster111 :so like if someone says bad words dose that mean they get a red/yellow card?

not automatically, but if a moderator deems it necessary, then yes.
only thing that i have to suggest, is some more administrating over in the skins section; there should be seperate threads for WIP skins, and the completed ones; and all threads that are created otherwise should go through the admins so we wont get all these look at my latest skin threads which just get moved anyway.. just my 2 soon to be removed pennies
Quote from Victor :hmm, then isn't that a bug in skype? This, since the icon is loaded from the skype website : icon url -> http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/Kranee

oh btw - it shows a ? here in the skype icon - i spose that simply means 'unknown status'. so all is fine actually?

Correct, if you click the icon in the popup it shows a bigger picture from skype which is bit more descriptive:
Still about the leagues section on main view. It isn't easy to read, because you need to read all to find the one you're looking for. Of course I have my version of how it could be done

(basically make the links to the subforums arrenged in a table alike fashion)

EDIT: and in alphabetical order
Attached images
lfs_forum.jpg

Recent forum updates
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG